+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VoIP, Rift would be a better game with it, voice over Internet Protocol

Default VoIP, Rift would be a better game with it, voice over Internet Protocol

I didn't have time to put this up in SL Beta forums but it's best put up here as everyone can see it. Plus its for all of rift and not just SL.
    There is one thing that is missing from Rift and I started a post about it over a year ago and nothing happen.
    VoIP other games have voice over. Think about it, if your in a raid you can all talk to each other without bandwidth going to outside programs. You could also have a guild chat VoIP. Games like battlefield have it so as soon as you are grouped you have your own channel.
    A nice simple program, you set up your mike then when in party/raid all you have to do is press the V button to talk. Out of party/raid and your in guild chat.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    I didn't have time to put this up in SL Beta forums but it's best put up here as everyone can see it. Plus its for all of rift and not just SL.
    There is one thing that is missing from Rift and I started a post about it over a year ago and nothing happen.
    VoIP other games have voice over. Think about it, if your in a raid you can all talk to each other without bandwidth going to outside programs. You could also have a guild chat VoIP. Games like battlefield have it so as soon as you are grouped you have your own channel.
    A nice simple program, you set up your mike then when in party/raid all you have to do is press the V button to talk. Out of party/raid and your in guild chat.
    Be good if you could edit title and take a V out
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    But you would use the bandwidth for the VOIP anyways, irregardless which program you use. Also, managing rights and channels would require yet another tab at the guild management panel, and it's becoming a silly mess already.

Rift Chaser

WoW tried this, the quality was horrible and everyone continued to use the third party programs like Teamspeak and Ventrillo

When there are third-party solutions that work so well, it seems kinda pointless for Trion to waste resources on it.

EQ2 did as well. Same results.

Complete waste of time.
    Anduri - Gelidra
    United Kingdoms

Soulwalker

Why reinventing the wheel, when it's already done ? Complete nonsense, and lost of time for the devs.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Naduri View Post
    EQ2 did as well. Same results.

Complete waste of time.
    this

/10char

+ Reply to Thread