+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Wylt
  • 1 Post By Nooblet
  • 1 Post By Wylt

Thread: Conquest

Default Conquest

Posting this not just for current Conquest, but in the assumption that Conquest will expand and grow in the future:
    1. Add NPC's to controlled "villages" that offer repeatable, in-conquest quests (kill # of Y, claim # of B, gather # of Z, etc). This would motivate teams to grab, and hold, specific points. The rewards from the quests should give the entire team a buff AND reward the player with CP/Marks/Favor/Prestige/PLAT.
    2. Portal extractors (Eye, CM, etc) should allow return trips, IE: they should be to-and-from home base... possibly even to each other. Basically, make them a full-scale in-CQ porticulum system.
    3. Extractors should have a .001% drop rate super rare PVP HEX to upgrade r50 PVP armor to relics. Even if the only thing the "relic" did was add 10 Valor & 5 Vengeance (though more stats would be cool).
    4. Extractors should provide quest-like objectives that, once completed/met, spawn NPC's to help guard the node. In "village" locations these should repeat & scale deep enough to populate the location fully with geared-to-the-hilt knights, mages, citizens & npc crafters/merchants.

Other points to consider:
    • When I heard of Conquest I fully expected faction to matter. The fact that it doesn't removes any semblance of "ownership", "pride" or "immersion" that Conquest had the potential to instill/inspire. If changing teams is desired, that's fine. But there should be consequences for doing so (build rep with one team at the expense of the other two, etc).
    • It would've been very cool if each team had their own Tabard/Costume and/or Armor model(s). Perhaps the rep mentioned above could apply only to these items... grind all 3 and collect them all!!
    • Conquest should have more broad-sweeping impact to the NORMAL version of the zone it's homed in. IE: running Conquest in Stillmoor should affect the NPC's in live Stillmoor at the conclusion of every match. Maybe pushing Nightfall to a win spawns special Nightfall rep vendors at location X in real Stillmoor... etc
    Last edited by Wylt; 09-28-2012 at 07:20 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Wylt View Post
    Posting this not just for current Conquest, but in the assumption that Conquest will expand and grow in the future:
    1. Add NPC's to controlled "villages" that offer repeatable, in-conquest quests (kill # of Y, claim # of B, gather # of Z, etc). This would motivate teams to grab, and hold, specific points. The rewards from the quests should give the entire team a buff AND reward the player with CP/Marks/Favor/Prestige/PLAT.
    2. Portal extractors (Eye, CM, etc) should allow return trips, IE: they should be to-and-from home base... possibly even to each other. Basically, make them a full-scale in-CQ porticulum system.
    3. Extractors should have a .001% drop rate super rare PVP HEX to upgrade r50 PVP armor to relics. Even if the only thing the "relic" did was add 10 Valor & 5 Vengeance (though more stats would be cool).
    4. Extractors should provide quest-like objectives that, once completed/met, spawn NPC's to help guard the node. In "village" locations these should repeat & scale deep enough to populate the location fully with geared-to-the-hilt knights, mages, citizens & npc crafters/merchants.
    .001% is a bit low but is a cool idea, even 1% chance to drop it...it would take a very long time to get all the pieces. .001% is a 1 in 100,000 chance lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    .001% is a bit low but is a cool idea, even 1% chance to drop it...it would take a very long time to get all the pieces. .001% is a 1 in 100,000 chance lol
    It was a random number to indicate rarity.

Rift Master

more pve in CQ is exactly what a pvp zone needs...... /sarcasm

As far as the hex goes.. it is a horrible idea. Nothing like a group of 20 random strangers fighting over an extremely rare drop, none of which is effected by performance, and you could have a person thats not contributing get it.

All in all.. horrible ideas, not even slightly what CQ needs.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Nooblet View Post
    ^^
    Most attractive thing in conquest is Marks for gear. Which are attained via PvE and is backward considering its "PVP" gear.

Marks should not drop off mini-bosses, instead players should have a small chance of dropping them, or 1 mark every 100 kills your team gets, something along those lines to actually promote PVP
    Last edited by Hadezz; 09-28-2012 at 07:34 AM.

Nooblet and Hadezz,

You two ignore the fact that Conquest is too little of pvp and too much of which team has more members and how fast they can spam their macros.

The OP introduced some really nice suggestions and it would be nice to have them implemented in the game.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Crisson View Post
    Nooblet and Hadezz,

You two ignore the fact that Conquest is too little of pvp and too much of which team has more members and how fast they can spam their macros.

The OP introduced some really nice suggestions and it would be nice to have them implemented in the game.
    Those changes, although i like some of them, ignore the fact that you are only rewarded from conquest in the last 10 minutes of it. Being rewarded throughout the game would help keep people in and motivated to do more. Right now if you leave conquest early you get pretty much nothing except some conquest power, and alot of people don't have 2-6 hours to "waste" running around capping stuff for little to no reward.

Suggestion 1, could help this but the other changes are more quality of life stuff. If people were rewarded throughout the duration they would be more willing to join, knowing that if something does come up and they have to log, or if the game does take too long they can still leave without feeling like the just wasted the last few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Nooblet View Post

As far as the hex goes.. it is a horrible idea. Nothing like a group of 20 random strangers fighting over an extremely rare drop, none of which is effected by performance, and you could have a person thats not contributing get it.

All in all.. horrible ideas, not even slightly what CQ needs.
    Uh... maybe you run a different conquest than me, but my extractor loot appears in a rift bag that I compete with 0 people for.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadezz View Post
    ^^
    Most attractive thing in conquest is Marks for gear. Which are attained via PvE and is backward considering its "PVP" gear.

Marks should not drop off mini-bosses, instead players should have a small chance of dropping them, or 1 mark every 100 kills your team gets, something along those lines to actually promote PVP
    Or, you know... quests inside CQ that ask you to kill 100 players that return a mark to you and buff your team, like in the OP. But that's too PvE, right?

lol... some people argue just to argue.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Wylt View Post
    Or, you know... quests inside CQ that ask you to kill 100 players that return a mark to you and buff your team, like in the OP. But that's too PvE, right?

lol... some people argue just to argue.
    I said i liked your first suggestion ?

although, reading back, I probably could have worded my posts a bit differently to make that more clear...
    Last edited by Hadezz; 09-28-2012 at 11:25 AM.

Rift Master

Until some fundamental change to conquest happens i do not approve any changes that requires me to do more grinding CQ to compete in pvp.. it is nothing but a zergfest mindlessly spamming AE. I find it hard to believe anyone actually finds CQ fun, ppl only go because its the only way to get marks. Your suggestions will not improve the situation.

Now if they actually made it a little bit smaller map, and had 20 ppl max per team it might be more interesting. I know the intent was to make some epic large scale battles.. but its pretty much 1 zerg steamrolling another, and not very epic or fun either way.

Perhaps even making a que before CQ starts, and it doesnt start unless teams are equal, letting in 20 ppl at a time. The zerg fights might be more fun(but i doubt it) if they were evenly matched.

+ Reply to Thread