+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestion for all classes

Soulwalker

Default Suggestion for all classes

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say soul building is not what it should be. I enjoy what's here but whats here is not fully useable either. I have 3 level 50's, a Mage, Warrior, and Rogue. All of them are well geared for pve and pvp, but the missing aspect of the soul building is really not whats missing, it's the fact not all buffs and abilities are useful. Example: I was on my rogue 4 days ago, and wanted a NB/SIN/BD build as bd being my supporting soul for the little perry/dodge/deflect you get with it. The problem with that is not all buffs can be used, and they all do different things. I know you don't want a self buff up with a raid buff as that would be dumb, but i do believe if the buff is there in the build it should be available and stackable no matter what. I think you should use everything, and be able to utilize your build to your intended build to start with. I may get blasted for this, but if you can't use abilities and buffs like you NEED to be able to, then having that particular class is useless and needs to be removed from the game for good. Let me ask this: Why have 2 souls such as Nightblade and Assassin if you cant use both poisons from assassin and both fire from nightblade? Both are buffs that last 1hr. To me its pretty much useless to have a rogue if you cant use it how it is meant to be used. If you put out there (and Trion you have for a long time from the start and even now ) that you get to build your class to your play style, then you should allow that and not hinder. I've noticed this and i feel and ask that this be corrected. I'll probably get blasted and trolled by a lot for this but so be it if it means makeing the soul building how it really should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Phsycotron View Post
    I think I speak for a lot of people when I say soul building is not what it should be. I enjoy what's here but whats here is not fully useable either. I have 3 level 50's, a Mage, Warrior, and Rogue. All of them are well geared for pve and pvp, but the missing aspect of the soul building is really not whats missing, it's the fact not all buffs and abilities are useful. Example: I was on my rogue 4 days ago, and wanted a NB/SIN/BD build as bd being my supporting soul for the little perry/dodge/deflect you get with it. The problem with that is not all buffs can be used, and they all do different things. I know you don't want a self buff up with a raid buff as that would be dumb, but i do believe if the buff is there in the build it should be available and stackable no matter what. I think you should use everything, and be able to utilize your build to your intended build to start with. I may get blasted for this, but if you can't use abilities and buffs like you NEED to be able to, then having that particular class is useless and needs to be removed from the game for good. Let me ask this: Why have 2 souls such as Nightblade and Assassin if you cant use both poisons from assassin and both fire from nightblade? Both are buffs that last 1hr. To me its pretty much useless to have a rogue if you cant use it how it is meant to be used. If you put out there (and Trion you have for a long time from the start and even now ) that you get to build your class to your play style, then you should allow that and not hinder. I've noticed this and i feel and ask that this be corrected. I'll probably get blasted and trolled by a lot for this but so be it if it means makeing the soul building how it really should be.
    Not sure specifically what you're referring to, but many souls have "choice" buffs where you can only use one at a time, this is how they are balanced. For example, Cleric Inquisitors can only use one of three Armor buffs, which changes their effectiveness in different ways for different situations. In fact I think Assassin is unique in that it can use two or three poisons.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Not sure specifically what you're referring to, but many souls have "choice" buffs where you can only use one at a time, this is how they are balanced. For example, Cleric Inquisitors can only use one of three Armor buffs, which changes their effectiveness in different ways for different situations. In fact I think Assassin is unique in that it can use two or three poisons.

Actually, i understand what your saying, but what im getting at is simply this: Night blade has Fire Enchants, 2 to be exact you can use with each other...Assassin has 2 good poisons to use with eachother...but the problem im refering to is you can't use all 4 of them together like you should be able to since they are way different from each others ability. Assassins use poisons and Nightblades uses fire enchants. I do see where your coming from but honestly, if what you say holds true then Nightblade should not be allowed to be built along side assassin for incompatable reasons. Im just giving you my take on this is all, but i see where your coming from and i do fully agree something should have some kind of balance to it.

+ Reply to Thread