+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fixing pvp?

Shadowlander

Default Fixing pvp?

So yea.. we all know pvp is broken as is.

here's an idea that wil fix it hopefully.

200% / maybe 300% HP to all classes in pvp.. whats the point of having 8k HP and 1200 valor, when a warrior hits you for 2.5k crits on average per cooldown... same goes for a stealthy little SOAB just stabbin you to death before you can get out of the 2~3 cc and stuns they have.

or just nerf damage 200% / 300% in pvp.

the HP/DMG ratio is way out of balance, if you disagree you're probably playing a r50 all day mindlessly killing noobs... please dont go all bananas on me.

tl:dr pvp is fixable.. get on it trion.

So, how many threads does it take and how many games does it take for people to stop saying Fix PVP... Every game continues to make changes to the classes as they see the unbalancing issues...

People are going to complain no matter what changes are made.. It will never end.

I would never think Trion or any game would suddenly increase all health on parties by 200-300 percent or something

They pretty much tried that in normalization. It didn't work well. I ran around on my pyro mage and it felt like slow motion. One of the later tests was alright, but a huge increase in health won't help a whole lot.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Quote Originally Posted by mrmadness View Post

200% / maybe 300% HP to all classes in pvp.. whats the point of having 8k HP and 1200 valor, when a warrior hits you for 2.5k crits on average per cooldown... same goes for a stealthy little SOAB just stabbin you to death before you can get out of the 2~3 cc and stuns they have.

the HP/DMG ratio is way out of balance, if you disagree you're probably playing a r50 all day mindlessly killing noobs... please dont go all bananas on me.

Telling the community that if they disagree that they are rank 50 is... not the way you want to express your feelings. Many rank 50s want to make PvP competitive and aim for balance. Rank 50s is were you want educated opinions to come from because at rank 50 pvping they have seen the most of what pvp has to offer and i hope have experiences with specs etc.

I agree that PvP in warfronts there is still major issues with balance but increasing the hp and saying now that will fix all the problems in pvp is incredibility undereducated response to the topic. There are many many problems with PvP right now but just giving people more hp is just putting a bandage on a gushing wound.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by LOveRH View Post
    Telling the community that if they disagree that they are rank 50 is... not the way you want to express your feelings. Many rank 50s want to make PvP competitive and aim for balance. Rank 50s is were you want educated opinions to come from because at rank 50 pvping they have seen the most of what pvp has to offer and i hope have experiences with specs etc.

I agree that PvP in warfronts there is still major issues with balance but increasing the hp and saying now that will fix all the problems in pvp is incredibility undereducated response to the topic. There are many many problems with PvP right now but just giving people more hp is just putting a bandage on a gushing wound.
    I must say that in my opinion i feel that pvp should be seperated by gear rank. Obviously if you have lets say a fresh 50 getting the starting gear, considering you cant get the starting pvp weapons till Rank 12, and you have a R50 beating the hell out of everyone that dont have his/her gear then obviously thats where the balance issue is. I would hope anyone with a working brain could see that and the only way to fix it is to have gear level Warfronts. Far as Conquest goes i say enter at your own risk, i just think the warfronts is where the balance needs to be focused.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmadness View Post

If you're having trouble with stealth specs, you're either undergeared, playing a bad spec, or playing a good spec poorly.

You're right that warrior damage is too high, but by and large everything else is fine, save for maybe Sabs. Damage doesn't need a 300% nerf across the board because one warrior spec is overpowered.

The biggest issue in rift PVP is and always has been a lack of content.
    Last edited by Zaros; 09-26-2012 at 12:31 PM.
    ~Quiescent

+ Reply to Thread