+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jawsnap

Thread: On-screen messages colors.

Shadowlander

Default On-screen messages colors.

Hi,

My friend, who just started Rift, is color blind and can't make any difference between his heals and his damages for example.

I've looked up every in-game settings and all the addon stuff and it seems that there's nothing we can do to change those colors.

We would be very pleased if we could have an in-game setting to change on-screen messages colors like we have for characters (Players and NPC) names.

Thanks you very much for your consideration.

PS : Excuse my english as it is not my mother tongue.

At this point, there is no colourblind option or specific addon for the game to address it.

My best suggestion is to figure out what he is having issues seeing (total, red-green, or blue-yellow), and look for an addon that gives you options to view that thing differently.
    If it's flashes of colour on the ground (some good, and some bad) there might be one that lets you know if you are standing in a good one or a bad one.

With colourblindness affecting about 4.5% of the population of the world (best guess), it'd be nice if there was some sort of option to help with this.

Quote Originally Posted by meoka2368 View Post
    With colourblindness affecting about 4.5% of the population of the world (best guess), it'd be nice if there was some sort of option to help with this.
    indeed. altough a lot can handle it without(my father and best friend are both color blind. The last has played Rift. no complains).
    Still I feel there should be an standard option ingame for this.
    You can change the speed which the text scrolls etc. it could be somewhat easier for him then
    Last edited by NearioNL; 09-24-2012 at 03:54 AM.
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

Quote Originally Posted by NearioNL View Post
    indeed. altough a lot can handle it without(my father and best friend are both color blind. The last has played Rift. no complains).
    Still I feel there should be an standard option ingame for this.
    You can change the speed which the text scrolls etc. it could be somewhat easier for him then
    The thing with being colour blind, is that it's not just on all colours. It's on a select few. The OP's friend may be potently colourblind against reds and greens. Unfortunate if they just appear as completely colourless... but uhm, are people aware of the following...

Incoming Heals and beneficial changes are on the left of your character.
    Incoming Damage is on the right of your character.
    Damage dealt floats around the character/npc being damaged.

I see no need for colour blind options when simply the positioning of these numbers is sufficient enough to tell the difference. :/

Shadowlander

I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear in opening post but thing is that he can't make any difference between damage he does and heal he does. For him, everything is just the same color.

Plus, I don't think that giving us the possibility to change on-screen messages colors should be something hard to achieve code wise (I may be wrong but I don't think so).

Edit :
    Quote Originally Posted by NearioNL View Post
    I've tried that, it's better for him (head hurts less ) but he still can't make any difference.

Sen.
    Last edited by Lynesth; 09-24-2012 at 04:46 AM.

Shadowlander

I can not see red AoE areas like Golem Foundry. Wish they would give us the option to change those colors. But hey I understand they are busy putting in dragon parades.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulkax View Post
    I can not see red AoE areas like Golem Foundry. Wish they would give us the option to change those colors. But hey I understand they are busy putting in dragon parades.
    So, how many online games have an option to change ingame resources? I'm not talking about fonts and UI, but real game resources. Yeah, none. Because they are all too busy implementing dragon parades.
    A witty saying proves nothing
    - Voltaire
    One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork.
    - Edward Abbey

Plane Walker

Learn the spell names. You can in the options turn on the spell names so as they tick they show the names next to them. It wont matter what color they are if you can read the names next to them as they tick upward/downward.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ymirson View Post
    So, how many online games have an option to change ingame resources? I'm not talking about fonts and UI, but real game resources. Yeah, none. Because they are all too busy implementing dragon parades.
    Pretty sure League of Legends has a colorblind option.

+ Reply to Thread