+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: The Pack Mule: A creative inventory solution

Default The Pack Mule: A creative inventory solution

I'd like to see the Telaran equivalent of a pack mule avaible for purchase in Telara; we all know about running out of enough bag space while crawling a dungeon and everyone has been asking for extra storage space for the new/future goodies. Dungeon Siege forever won points for me by actually making a pack mule who is 60% of your inventory space. It trotted around dutifully with the party, back kicking when it was attacked and fleeing when it could.

This would be a more interesting and immersive solution to the extra storage space issue than just giving folks more bags to carry in a dungeon or more bank storage space. If they could purchase multiple mules, imagine how much believability it would create for the world, seeing a string of mules loaded down with bags following behind a group. You know, like real old fashioned explorers used to do. Even better if our homes can have stables where we can keep them.
    Last edited by Post Monster; 09-22-2012 at 06:00 PM.

Ascendant

Horizons: Istaria had this in 2003.

Was a good thing, and I understand they later fixed it for the flying Dragons.

Prophet of Telara Shaidar Haran's Avatar

Extra storage... +

Seeing a mule running behind me... No thanks.

Make it summonable or something, I don't wanna be in Ember Watch fighting Scerrion and all I see is mules everywhere.
    My Hand Reaches Far...

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    There's typically no warning for unexpected crashes.

Just steal GW2's inventory system. Not anything else, just that. It is an absolute joy.
    Bisqquit | R53

Champion

Make alt
    Move it to home city
    Send it big bags
    Get Vet Mailbox
    Mail extra stuff
    Almost unlimited storage

Quote Originally Posted by Post Monster View Post
    Dungeon Siege forever won points for me by actually making a pack mule who is 60% of your inventory space. It trotted around dutifully with the party, back kicking when it was attacked and fleeing when it could.
    I miss my mules. I had a mage solo with a pack of mules. Other characters would suck up experience, but mules didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLithium View Post
    Just steal GW2's inventory system. Not anything else, just that. It is an absolute joy.
    I don't want just another flavorless set of menu boxes to store my stuff. I'd like to have something with flavor and personality.
    Last edited by Post Monster; 09-24-2012 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Post Monster View Post
    I don't want just another flavorless set of menu boxes to store my stuff. I'd like to have something with flavor and personality.
    Bacon Flavored Pack Mule?

I remember some old text-based MMOs in the 90s had this. Neat concept, but I'm not too thrilled about the idea of babysitting helpless NPCs. Unless we do it Aion-style, where they're non-combat pets, that wouldn't be too bad.

Unless we're talking full-on, combat-ready party members, a la ToR, PSU or FFXI. Now we're talkin'...! I'd love to have a customizable companion for questing and adventuring.

I just had horrible flash backs from Dungeon Siege and losing my mule then realizing I lost him 45 minutes later. Ugh. Just make banks bigger or something.

bigger bags are incoming.

Altough I would like something from GW2 added, and that is that I can store my Mats directly without having to visit a bank(or calling my bank-npc when off-cd).
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

lol a pack mule would be cute....and I'd like the idea if only I had the option to dismiss him whenever I wanted cause I don't think I'd be okay with trying to fight things out in the real world, or do instances and accidentally targetting a big fat mule butt when I meant to target a mob. Or having to track down my mule if it ran off. That seems a bit...too immersive. Oo

My Telaran Lore and History Blog, with a side of RP storytelling!=http://ascendedtales.blogspot.ca/201...beginning.html

Champion

Perhaps instead of a mule we could get a henchman named Claude who runs behind us clapping coconuts together?

Quote Originally Posted by NearioNL View Post
    bigger bags are incoming..
    oh whoopee 2 more slots...blah.

I like this mule idea but as a summonable npc.

accidentally targetting a big fat mule butt
    LMAO
    Last edited by Maelystra; 09-27-2012 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelystra View Post
    oh whoopee 2 more slots...blah.

I like this mule idea but as a summonable npc.

LMAO
    You have info we dont have?
    Or do you always rather support idea's of which you know that will not be introduced?
    at least ask for something realistic then: extra bag slot, both for toon and banks
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast