+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Companions You'd Like to See in Rift

Default Companions You'd Like to See in Rift

Okay, let's talk about what kinds of companions you'd like to have in the game. Since they're cosmetic only, the sky could be the limit. Personally, I'd like to see:

A Variety of birds: I really like the "crow", and I'd love to see cranes, pelicans, loons, song birds, kiwis, penguins, dodos, blue footed boobies, etc. It would be beyond awesome if we got different bird songs for each. Fantasy birds are just dandy also.

More dogs/cat breeds: I'd really like to see a variety of breeds/coats available

Mini monsters: we have some already, but we need MORE. This should be so easy to add to the game also.

A winged snake. Not bird wings, think butterfly wings.

I'd like to also have a fox.

I would first like to see the current companions have more to them like custom animations, sounds, maybe even interacting with each other or with the world. They're kinda boring right now not doing anything.

I loathe to mention a certain other MMORPG, but those who've played it know it's companions are more detailed, more involved and more fun. They do things and make sounds and chase NPC critters and sometimes even each other around. Some even mate with or fight each other. It's so much more fun that standing or hovering there doing nothing whatsoever like in this game.

Pet Panda. Just for the laughs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nargauzius View Post
    I would first like to see the current companions have more to them like custom animations, sounds, maybe even interacting with each other or with the world. They're kinda boring right now not doing anything.

I loathe to mention a certain other MMORPG, but those who've played it know it's companions are more detailed, more involved and more fun. They do things and make sounds and chase NPC critters and sometimes even each other around. Some even mate with or fight each other. It's so much more fun that standing or hovering there doing nothing whatsoever like in this game.
    ^ This would be great. Right now they're just tacked on.

Oh, and humming bird! I really, really want one.

MINI AKY!
    MINI AKY!

also fairy

I would like an army of mini-me's; not Vern Troyer; but the mini's me's from Army of Darkness....a veritable army of little clones.
    Lemming (formerly Mrhyde@Belmont), Guild Leader of Black Company on Greybriar
    We are Black Company ~~~ See our recruitment thread!

THIS IS HOW I ROLL
    Raids Mon/Tue/Thur 5:30 server time, 9/9, 2/4, 1/3, 1/3

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nargauzius View Post

Have you ever had different plane squirrels out? They do start to zap each other ;)

Also, I want a goat. Need it so I can blame it for anything I get blamed for. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by CWerk View Post
    Pet Panda. Just for the laughs.
    And what? Have it named Misty The Panda?

Quote Originally Posted by Mandarb View Post
    Have you ever had different plane squirrels out? They do start to zap each other ;)
    No I haven't, but if that's true then it's a start.

I'd like a lynx.

Lots of cats. I think if you collect enough cat companion pets, you should get a title "Crazy Cat Person" Crazy Cat Lady is funnier, but I have to include the guys too LOL. How about a puffin? I don't know why, but I really like puffins. And a Manul.

http://funshare.me/funny-animals/ful...-cat-aka-manul
    My old signature refuses to work. Please imagine this sentence as a freekin' amazing signature, full of wonder and beauty. But please don't imagine it in pink. That would hurt my feelings. Thank you.

I'd love the crazy cat lady title!!!! It would definitely reflect my real life situation. Although I love my kitties to death! And I'd really like my critters to do things too. Although the rift critters do have actions. The little wind up horse stomps his hoof and tosses his head and other horsey things. The squirrels run around each other, and a few others do things.

I'd like to see a duck. lol
    and more "cub" or "pup" type animals. That white tiger cub is OMG to die for....so adorable!

My Telaran Lore and History Blog, with a side of RP storytelling!=http://ascendedtales.blogspot.ca/201...beginning.html

Quote Originally Posted by Pixiestarcat View Post
    Lots of cats. I think if you collect enough cat companion pets, you should get a title "Crazy Cat Person" Crazy Cat Lady is funnier, but I have to include the guys too LOL.
    Haha, yes! I'm imagining your character being followed by a herd of cats.

Also, I REALLY REALLY want a cute little pet turtle companion! There isn't one, right? Tell me that would not be cute.
    Last edited by Drel; 09-25-2012 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherstorm View Post
    I'd love the crazy cat lady title!!!! It would definitely reflect my real life situation. Although I love my kitties to death! And I'd really like my critters to do things too. Although the rift critters do have actions. The little wind up horse stomps his hoof and tosses his head and other horsey things. The squirrels run around each other, and a few others do things.

I'd like to see a duck. lol
    and more "cub" or "pup" type animals. That white tiger cub is OMG to die for....so adorable!
    Where do you get a wind up horse? Yeah, ducks too! It would be awesome if the duck just swam along beside you when you were swimming
    My old signature refuses to work. Please imagine this sentence as a freekin' amazing signature, full of wonder and beauty. But please don't imagine it in pink. That would hurt my feelings. Thank you.

Shield of Telara

My wife.

/10char

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast