+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tebbo

Thread: New PvP Mechanic

Prophet of Telara Shaidar Haran's Avatar

Default New PvP Mechanic

I would like to see any force taunts, such as Sergean't Order, to force the target to auto target the force taunter to target them for the duration of the force taunt in WFs, CQ.
    My Hand Reaches Far...

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    There's typically no warning for unexpected crashes.

Yes, a sorely missing factor of the viability of a tank class in organized pvp (which someday we might have). Obviously would need to have DR applied.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 09-21-2012 at 06:52 AM.

Mei

Uhhhhhh...
    Fluent

RIFT Guide Writer

Uhhhh...no

Quote Originally Posted by Shaidar Haran View Post
    I would like to see any force taunts, such as Sergean't Order, to force the target to auto target the force taunter to target them for the duration of the force taunt in WFs, CQ.
    No. Please get your PvE out of my PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawsnap View Post
    Yes because tank souls should be useless except to add passive defense to DPS souls! Also there should be no new forms of CC. Actually, CC is a PvE skill only, so let's take it out of PvP completely. RIGHT ON MAN

Plane Touched

I think it could be a good idea as it would allow tank to protect healer or carrier more efficiently.

Of course it may need to be adjusted.Could be just a switch target only or a very short duration for the "attack this target" componnent.

I am not quite sure in what extend this addition could be a bad thing. Could you explain why you are against it ?
    Last edited by fayeran; 09-21-2012 at 07:51 AM.

Prophet of Telara Shaidar Haran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jawsnap View Post
    I hear PvP'ers always saying things like "give us something new" or "Give us something original" and Trion gave "us" (cause I do have a small minor in PvP) CQ. This could be just simply a new aspect. All I'm saying.
    My Hand Reaches Far...

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    There's typically no warning for unexpected crashes.

I would be fine with taunts just giving the user a DR buff for 3 seconds or so. Maybe 20%. At least then it's not a useless button. Either way tank viability has always been a huge problem for PvP games.

I like this. It makes sense, and its a new idea. I would have it tweaked a bit. Make it subject to DR's, and give a "I don't get insta killed" buff for the tank.

Simple solution.

in pvp instead of it forcing the target to attack the tank, it makes it so doing damage to anyone but the tank takes a penality. like they do 50% to anyone other than the tank for duration of the ability.
    Last edited by Tebbo; 09-22-2012 at 06:10 PM.

I like the way other games handle taunts. When taunted in PVP in other games they make that player 1) switch targets to the person who taunted (They can change targets right back) and 2) make the taunted player do 50% less damage to everyone but the person who taunted them. This type of taunt system in Rift would be awesome. It would not force the player to target the tanks but it would give them quite a bit of incentive to do so without taking away the choice not to target them.
    Last edited by aabuster1; 09-22-2012 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post
    Yes because tank souls should be useless except to add passive defense to DPS souls! Also there should be no new forms of CC. Actually, CC is a PvE skill only, so let's take it out of PvP completely. RIGHT ON MAN
    Oh yeah, I really love CC capabilities in PVP. Nothing like charging enemy forces, then being silenced, disarmed, squirreled, sucked dry of MP and dying miserably before I can even get off my first shot or heal.

/sarcasm
    Level 60/Rank 90 Guardian Mage * Level 60/Rank 62 Defiant Rogue * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Cleric
    Level 60/Rank 82 Defiant Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Rogue
    * Level 60/Rank 53 Defiant Mage
    Level 60/Rank 24 Guardian Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 15 Defiant Cleric
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyhawke View Post
    Oh yeah, I really love CC capabilities in PVP. Nothing like charging enemy forces, then being silenced, disarmed, squirreled, sucked dry of MP and dying miserably before I can even get off my first shot or heal.

/sarcasm
    Sounds like someone thinks they're a tank! Leave the charging to those that can survive it. This game has weak CC.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tebbo View Post
    Simple solution.

in pvp instead of it forcing the target to attack the tank, it makes it so doing damage to anyone but the tank takes a penality. like they do 50% to anyone other than the tank for duration of the ability.
    If I recall correctly, that's more or less how Subdue worked in this game. O_o
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread