+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Conquest Solutions - Feel free to add ideas

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4

    Default Conquest Solutions - Feel free to add ideas

    It's no hidden secret that conquest is filled with flaws, so here I thought I would post my ideas, as well as the communities

    - Action bar to prevent afkers (can go in detail later)

    - leading team in conquest control gets increased buffs (prevents people from just mindless zerging (they are forced to play by gaining control in order to help there team and zergs)

    - increased exp percentages when in control of cq

    - if cq surpasses the hour mark it drops to controling 60percent, 1hr and a half 55 and 2 hrs 50%
    Last edited by Gabos; 09-19-2012 at 06:43 PM.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Robes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,067

    Default

    Sex .
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

    Synna - Rogue - Vigil

    Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

  3. #3
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabos View Post
    - Action bar to prevent afkers (can go in detail later)
    We should just be able to report AFKs like we do in WFs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabos View Post
    - leading team in conquest control gets increased buffs (prevents people from just mindless zerging (they are forced to play by gaining control in order to help there team and zergs)
    I'm not sure this is a good idea. With the new changes, extractors are much harder to take down unless you're in a zerg... so the zerging strat is turning out to be the winning strat. And even if it wasn't, increasing the winning teams buffs just makes them win even faster with almost zero chance for a losing team to even catch up. I'm afraid I'm against this one.

    - increased exp percentages when in control of cq
    Anything to give me incentive to get more favor/exp/prestitge I'll welcome.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabos View Post
    - if cq surpasses the hour mark it drops to controling 60percent, 1hr and a half 55 and 2 hrs 50%
    I can see this not being a terrible thing. It would definitely help eliminate those random 8 hour games you end up getting every once in a while.
    Last edited by Bhrawn; 09-20-2012 at 07:17 AM.

  4. #4
    Prophet of Telara Lewin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,018

    Default

    How about a stacking buff for your team that increases everytime you kill someone that increases how much damage you do to extractors and how fast you capture then, making it so teams that deliberately avoid combat to just capture will find it harder and harder to get ahead because the other teams that are actually pvping can kill and capture the extractors much more quickly.
    Ortoun 60 Warrior Tank 4/4 TDQ 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 1/4 HM Shatterbone
    Lewin 50 Rogue retired alt/craft bot

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4

    Default

    bump - new idea -- no choosing what team ur on so nf has a chance and the games more competitive
    Last edited by Gabos; 09-20-2012 at 08:33 PM.

  6. #6
    Plane Walker Kittyhawke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabos View Post
    It's no hidden secret that conquest is filled with flaws, so here I thought I would post my ideas, as well as the communities

    - Action bar to prevent afkers (can go in detail later)

    - leading team in conquest control gets increased buffs (prevents people from just mindless zerging (they are forced to play by gaining control in order to help there team and zergs)

    - increased exp percentages when in control of cq

    - if cq surpasses the hour mark it drops to controling 60percent, 1hr and a half 55 and 2 hrs 50%
    In my opinion, all of these changes do nothing but convolute the entire Conquest system. I think the best policy is to make things easier rather than implement dynamic buffs, variable exp levels and changing "win" conditions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabos View Post
    bump - new idea -- no choosing what team ur on so nf has a chance and the games more competitive
    The idea of a random queue has already been proposed, discussed, and from the dev team, not going to happen.
    Level 60/Rank 90 Guardian Mage * Level 60/Rank 62 Defiant Rogue * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Cleric
    Level 60/Rank 82 Defiant Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Rogue
    * Level 60/Rank 53 Defiant Mage
    Level 60/Rank 24 Guardian Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 15 Defiant Cleric
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

  7. #7
    Champion BehemothDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Extend timer on Planar foes phase

  8. #8
    Champion BehemothDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabos View Post
    bump - new idea -- no choosing what team ur on so nf has a chance and the games more competitive
    NF on my cluster dosnt wanna win. We want favor/prestige, and the pople who often queue NF are ok with that.

    Dom on our cluster has a hard life tho.

    and yes Devs said no to random and I agree.

  9. #9
    Champion Remissus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BehemothDog View Post
    NF on my cluster dosnt wanna win. We want favor/prestige, and the pople who often queue NF are ok with that.

    Dom on our cluster has a hard life tho.

    and yes Devs said no to random and I agree.
    It's different on my cluster- Oathsworn has this 'don't care' attitude about winning or controlling extractors, NF farms marks and still makes a good run at winning, and Dom goes straight for the win.



  10. #10
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    These threads just keep cropping up.....

    Change the scoring system to be similar to codex and dont allow any team to get above 6 players more than any other team. If you are queued for longer than 5 mins a box pops up to say 'would you like to enter as XXX faction instead'

  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4

    Default

    pett i assumed that was common stuff lol, how about another thing, when u leave cq - it should allow u to switch factions after 30min or so if ur still que'ing into lets say nf and theyre doing really well so u cant get in but want to play. (i thought i'de say nf cuz i feel they always lose )
    Last edited by Gabos; 09-21-2012 at 12:45 AM.

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,865

    Default

    i think instead of randomly attacking objective, it should be more about ground control, in a psychological way i think it will motivate people more to defend "their ground" then random objectives.

    conquest could be a more like tug of war mode then random capture the flag beginngin from ones spawnpoint the ground evolves and gets bigger untill it collides with enemies ground, then its fought about dominance.

    It will also organize battle much more then random zerging around the map and it will include offense AND defense. So wile a faction is attacking another factions ground in the south they HAVE TO defend their north or they will lose ground there and vice versa.

    So what i think would benefit this conquest (or a new conquest map coming with sl) there needs to be an attacking/defending mechanism rather then a random attack mechanis.

  13. #13
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    i think instead of randomly attacking objective, it should be more about ground control, in a psychological way i think it will motivate people more to defend "their ground" then random objectives.

    conquest could be a more like tug of war mode then random capture the flag beginngin from ones spawnpoint the ground evolves and gets bigger untill it collides with enemies ground, then its fought about dominance.

    It will also organize battle much more then random zerging around the map and it will include offense AND defense. So wile a faction is attacking another factions ground in the south they HAVE TO defend their north or they will lose ground there and vice versa.

    So what i think would benefit this conquest (or a new conquest map coming with sl) there needs to be an attacking/defending mechanism rather then a random attack mechanis.
    interesting but you should elaborate

  14. #14
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Take CQ back to where it was several patches back. I loved CG in the beginning now it is just somewhat tedious. On Shatterbone, Oath was the team to be on as it generally won. Now everybody wants to be on Night. Dom is the team you choose when you can't get in on either Night or Oath. This weekend, I played CG all day Sat. and Sun. Sometimes I would sit in the Night queue for 5 mins., (yes, I want to win and yes, I was tapping that queue button repeatedly as the start game timer went to 0) and then finally have to pick DOM because I just wanted to play. By the time I assumed I just wasn't going to get in on NF, Oath would then be full so finally I would get on DOM and sometimes there was only 7 to 10 of us and you have NF running around with 40+ players (seems like) zerging and cleaning house. Usually, there are enough players on Oath to battle NF but pick DOM and you're going to get your clock cleaned repeatedly. Maybe middle of the afternoon, the DOM population does pick up a little bit but DOM just rarely wins.

    Just seems like anymore on Shatterbone, CG is a zerg fest. So if NF has 40+ and DOM has 10 to 15, well I think you can pretty much figure out who is going to win those battles. Now you would think if the game was a zerg fest that the 5000 kill number would come down quickly. It doesn't. I've been in some games that after 4 hrs. nobody has reached 65% and there are still 2000+ players to kill. Granted, I've been in some games where it doesn't last 30 mins. either from some team getting to 65% but that is from the teams being so uneven that NF just runs the map with their 40+ zerg. Once again, usually Oath has at least a decent number of people but generally still gets wiped when coming up against the NF zerg.

    So, I can understand why we don't want random team queues but there needs to be better balancing in numbers between the groups to be remotely fair. We did not seem to have these problems a few patches back. Maybe less people are just doing CQ, I don't know, but maybe that is because it keeps getting changed all the time and just isn't as fun as it used to be?

    I would still like to see a player get something for building turrets? Maybe favor pts. or prestige pts. or something similar to the pts. you get when building turrents and healing stations in Ember Isle? Players do help now more than in the past since there are just so few extractors but many times those turret builders are just left behind while everyone else is off to the next extractor. What do turret builders currently get? Nothing. Give turret builders something?

    And I hate these new turrets that can take someone down with a few hits. I used to be able to wade into (4) turrets by myself and take down a couple of them before needing to heal. Now it is just BAM, BAM, and BAM and you're dead. That was the problem being on a 10 to 15 man DOM team. Unless you are all together and we all know how easy it is to get split up from being creamed by a zerg, sometimes you are just standing on a hill watching the zerg go by and at the same time if there are a few of you together you know you can't take on a (4) turret extractor because you are going to get your clock cleaned unless maybe you have a healer which isn't all to often either. So you are just sorted sitting on your mount wondering what the heck there is to do sometimes. Seems like CQ should be more fun than that and used to be.

    There was one time when I was more or less forced to choose DOM just to play and I was the only one on the team. Finally, a few more people started to join but yea DOM had 0% simply because we were outnumbered 3 to 1.

    My suggestion, please put CQ back to the way it was after the 1st patch or two.

    I simply do not know why Trion keeps screwing with CG. In my opinion it is worse now than ever. Yea, its a blast if you get on NF or maybe Oath but DOM, it usually isn't pretty.

  15. #15
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    466

    Default

    Take away conquest power. Just curious to see if this would kill conquest. And if it does, it should tell you something.
    Last edited by Gurgi of Prydain; 10-01-2012 at 03:59 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts