+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Raiding spectators

Rift Disciple

Default Raiding spectators

Would be nice to be able to have more than 20 people for a raid like having 5 more slots designated as spectator-only slots, they could be able to move camera angles, see through eyes of selected raid members.

It could be a fun way to teach people fights without having to explain the fights over and over when we get someone replacing a core member.

could be a nice addition. though I do wonder how much it would be used(dont think that much imo)
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

Spec/Sub slots is a great idea.... give!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by NearioNL View Post
    could be a nice addition. though I do wonder how much it would be used(dont think that much imo)
    Think of hardcore raiding guilds who need to replace one person for a night and they have to pick from the ones not in the main raiding team. That person may know or not the fight, raid lead takes time to explain it again for 1 person.

Having the bench warmers being able to watch the fights without really participating and seeing those with the guild strategies and not from a youtube tank point of view could lead to better understanding of fights.

Ascendant

This is actually an amazing idea! Implement asap!

Quote Originally Posted by harvestor View Post
    Think of hardcore raiding guilds who need to replace one person for a night and they have to pick from the ones not in the main raiding team. That person may know or not the fight, raid lead takes time to explain it again for 1 person.

Having the bench warmers being able to watch the fights without really participating and seeing those with the guild strategies and not from a youtube tank point of view could lead to better understanding of fights.
    Yeah I did think about that. I am aware of the possibilities(and thats why I said it would be a nice addition).
    But frankly: I also see how it would be used a lot at first, and after that not that much.
    Players who are benched would rather do something else.
    It could be handy for recruits indeed. but thats just goes so far.
    With new boss-encounters it could be sweet, so that the whole guild is able to watch(and learn the mechanics)

so yes it would be a nice addition. still have my doubts how much it woiuld be used in the long run(but that shouldnt mean that it got nu use of implemention ;))
    Last edited by NearioNL; 09-20-2012 at 06:18 AM.
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

Rift Master

Would love it. Was going to suggest it a few times, but always forget about it.
    If you do it, don't limit it to much. Leave it to the Raidleader to limit the number, make it guild-only or public, or allow specific people or not.

Rift Disciple

Well I said 5 slots because I wouldnt want another 20men slots filling my screen when I am raid leading but I guess Trion could find another way of having those spectators not showing on UI.

Well I said 5 slots because I wouldnt want another 20men slots filling my screen when I am raid leading but I guess Trion could find another way of having those spectators not showing on UI.
    Add it to the ui, where we can have the option: show/not show. aint that hard ;)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

Great idea, no idea what the pov should be (might even be swappable between 20 raiders, could be awesome)

To make this even more super would be allowing public joins, like other games have this (FPS).
    Although it will be hard to implement, makes the raid a public joinable event with a spectator chatchannel in which the raiders can take part if they want to.

10/10 (would also give trion another special pluspoint in comparison to others)

Blightweald - DPS Rogue and apparently best bard EU - 14k Achievs

I'd totally be all for this! Pretty smooth idea.

Would be nice to be able to have more than 20 people for a raid like having 5 more slots designated as spectator-only slots, they could be able to move camera angles, see through eyes of selected raid members.

It could be a fun way to teach people fights without having to explain the fights over and over when we get someone replacing a core member.
    thought that was called streaming.
    Beta Participated: SW:TOR, RIFT,EQ2:SF, EQ2:TSO, AoC, STO, GW, RO
    Veteran of: SWTOR, AOC (again), STO, EQ2, LOTRO, WAR, AoC, Van, DAoC, CoH, WOW, GW, Lin2, SWG, Lin1, AO, RO, EQ, UO, Medievia

this could be part of the mentor system how to train people to raid

Telaran

I really like this idea too! Lots of potential there, hopefully Trion notices.
    Mujah - Riftstalker of Persona - 8/8 ID

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Grufftech View Post
    thought that was called streaming.
    Well, streaming is kind of watching a youtube video. I am talking more about something inside the game who doesnt take your bandwith and where people can actually view from different angles, through the eyes of selected players. Something more interactive.

Streaming is kind of static, having that ingame where people could interact with it could be a very good option.

They could add that to guild housing. Like players going inside our guild housing who could click on a remote watching / scrying device could be teleported into the action of a selected raid group, by selecting the name of the person in charge of the raid for example.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast