+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Raiding spectators

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    134

    Default Raiding spectators

    Would be nice to be able to have more than 20 people for a raid like having 5 more slots designated as spectator-only slots, they could be able to move camera angles, see through eyes of selected raid members.

    It could be a fun way to teach people fights without having to explain the fights over and over when we get someone replacing a core member.

  2. #2
    Ascendant NearioNL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,762

    Default

    could be a nice addition. though I do wonder how much it would be used(dont think that much imo)
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

  3. #3
    Ascendant mo0trix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,296

    Default

    Spec/Sub slots is a great idea.... give!

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NearioNL View Post
    could be a nice addition. though I do wonder how much it would be used(dont think that much imo)
    Think of hardcore raiding guilds who need to replace one person for a night and they have to pick from the ones not in the main raiding team. That person may know or not the fight, raid lead takes time to explain it again for 1 person.

    Having the bench warmers being able to watch the fights without really participating and seeing those with the guild strategies and not from a youtube tank point of view could lead to better understanding of fights.

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,744

    Default

    This is actually an amazing idea! Implement asap!

  6. #6
    Ascendant NearioNL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harvestor View Post
    Think of hardcore raiding guilds who need to replace one person for a night and they have to pick from the ones not in the main raiding team. That person may know or not the fight, raid lead takes time to explain it again for 1 person.

    Having the bench warmers being able to watch the fights without really participating and seeing those with the guild strategies and not from a youtube tank point of view could lead to better understanding of fights.
    Yeah I did think about that. I am aware of the possibilities(and thats why I said it would be a nice addition).
    But frankly: I also see how it would be used a lot at first, and after that not that much.
    Players who are benched would rather do something else.
    It could be handy for recruits indeed. but thats just goes so far.
    With new boss-encounters it could be sweet, so that the whole guild is able to watch(and learn the mechanics)

    so yes it would be a nice addition. still have my doubts how much it woiuld be used in the long run(but that shouldnt mean that it got nu use of implemention ;))
    Last edited by NearioNL; 09-20-2012 at 06:18 AM.
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

  7. #7
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    633

    Default

    Would love it. Was going to suggest it a few times, but always forget about it.
    If you do it, don't limit it to much. Leave it to the Raidleader to limit the number, make it guild-only or public, or allow specific people or not.

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Well I said 5 slots because I wouldnt want another 20men slots filling my screen when I am raid leading but I guess Trion could find another way of having those spectators not showing on UI.

  9. #9
    Ascendant NearioNL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harvestor View Post
    Well I said 5 slots because I wouldnt want another 20men slots filling my screen when I am raid leading but I guess Trion could find another way of having those spectators not showing on UI.
    Add it to the ui, where we can have the option: show/not show. aint that hard ;)
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

  10. #10
    Champion Highland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    524

    Default

    Great idea, no idea what the pov should be (might even be swappable between 20 raiders, could be awesome)

    To make this even more super would be allowing public joins, like other games have this (FPS).
    Although it will be hard to implement, makes the raid a public joinable event with a spectator chatchannel in which the raiders can take part if they want to.

    10/10 (would also give trion another special pluspoint in comparison to others)

    Blightweald - DPS Rogue and apparently best bard EU - 14k Achievs

  11. #11
    Champion of Telara ShinChuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,345

    Default

    I'd totally be all for this! Pretty smooth idea.

  12. #12
    Rift Chaser Grufftech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harvestor View Post
    Would be nice to be able to have more than 20 people for a raid like having 5 more slots designated as spectator-only slots, they could be able to move camera angles, see through eyes of selected raid members.

    It could be a fun way to teach people fights without having to explain the fights over and over when we get someone replacing a core member.
    thought that was called streaming.
    Beta Participated: SW:TOR, RIFT,EQ2:SF, EQ2:TSO, AoC, STO, GW, RO
    Veteran of: SWTOR, AOC (again), STO, EQ2, LOTRO, WAR, AoC, Van, DAoC, CoH, WOW, GW, Lin2, SWG, Lin1, AO, RO, EQ, UO, Medievia

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple thune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    192

    Default

    this could be part of the mentor system how to train people to raid

  14. #14
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    81

    Default

    I really like this idea too! Lots of potential there, hopefully Trion notices.
    Mujah - Riftstalker of Persona - 8/8 ID

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grufftech View Post
    thought that was called streaming.
    Well, streaming is kind of watching a youtube video. I am talking more about something inside the game who doesnt take your bandwith and where people can actually view from different angles, through the eyes of selected players. Something more interactive.

    Streaming is kind of static, having that ingame where people could interact with it could be a very good option.

    They could add that to guild housing. Like players going inside our guild housing who could click on a remote watching / scrying device could be teleported into the action of a selected raid group, by selecting the name of the person in charge of the raid for example.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts