+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Make Rep Runes BoA please!

  1. #1
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    586

    Default Make Rep Runes BoA please!

    You're giving us shared PA... might as well allow shared Notoriety benefits for the same reason.

    kthxbai

  2. #2
    Ascendant Rounded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,421

    Default

    Idea: Yes please
    Reasoning 1/10, come see me after class

  3. #3
    Ascendant Techie Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,122

    Default

    While I wouldn't mind it, and I'm not going to be one of the people to shoot down the idea saying it would make the game too easy, I just don't see a reason why it is needed.

    The characters I have that are actually geared up to end game content got it naturally (dungeons, quests, etc.), and the ones I only play every few weeks don't need it.

    You can put the runes on BoE gear and send them to your alts, but that doesn't help with plaque or mark purchased gear.


  4. #4
    Shadowlander ingress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    26

    Default

    No, system is fine as is. You put in the work, you get a reward. Seems fairly simple.

  5. #5
    Plane Walker badradical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    483

    Default

    if you start account binding everything, you'll hardly have a reason to play on other characters other than to raid.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Damn dude, that alt is sick

    Yeah, I did all the progression on my main.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  7. #7
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    While I wouldn't mind it, and I'm not going to be one of the people to shoot down the idea saying it would make the game too easy, I just don't see a reason why it is needed.

    The characters I have that are actually geared up to end game content got it naturally (dungeons, quests, etc.), and the ones I only play every few weeks don't need it.

    You can put the runes on BoE gear and send them to your alts, but that doesn't help with plaque or mark purchased gear.
    I'm speaking from a purely PvP perspective here. I can understand that if you're raiding, you'd eventually get the notoriety while you build up Plaques, but, with PvP alts, grinding Rep via Instances is less than fun, and BoA would allow your main character the ability to send your PvP alts the PvE runes, and your PvP alts can send your PvE main the PvP runes... or whatever.

    I know you can apply BoE gear with the runes then send them before equipped, but I'm mostly talking BoP PvP gear.

    Seems pretty much the same concept as PA distribution, and really the same kind of stat distribution as PA gives.

    Thanks
    Last edited by Bhrawn; 09-19-2012 at 12:32 PM.

  8. #8
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badradical View Post
    if you start account binding everything, you'll hardly have a reason to play on other characters other than to raid.
    You obviously don't PvP!?

  9. #9
    Champion BehemothDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhrawn View Post
    PvP alts, grinding Rep via Instances is less than fun

    I know you can apply BoE gear with the runes then send them before equipped, but I'm mostly talking BoP PvP gear.



    Thanks
    So, I think grinding Prestige is less than fun (and takes WAY longer than faction runes) and I like the P50 weapon for PvE...

    I see no reason to have BoA prestige or Faction runes. Just gotta put some time into your alts is all.

  10. #10
    Shield of Telara Nerva3x0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhrawn View Post
    You're giving us shared PA... might as well allow shared Notoriety benefits for the same reason.

    kthxbai
    WoW started doing this around WotLK(i think), And it was a decent quality of life change. I would prefer mounts to be BoA, but I would be ok with runes as well. That being said, it is a dangerous path imo. All those little "quality of life changes" to WoW, resulted in the game becoming to casual for a lot of players. I know a few runes will not ruin the game. But its a step in that direction.

  11. #11
    Ascendant mckeough's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhrawn View Post
    You're giving us shared PA... might as well allow shared Notoriety benefits for the same reason.

    kthxbai
    I do not agree...PA only starts post 50 where as Notoriety starts from the beginning approx level10 and isn't hard at all to earn...most of mine were maxed by the time i hit 50

  12. #12
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,579

    Default

    Having grinded Mathos on 3 toons and started on a 4th before giving up and contemplating jumping off a tall building I can definitely agree this would make life more pleasureable.
    Rumpunch (W) - Rumedy (C) - Chaos Inc of Laethys
    Rumbelina (W) - Rummstein (R) - Rumic (M) - Seraphim of Laethys
    My warriors be mostly using......

  13. #13
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    460

    Default

    It's just never enough, is it?

  14. #14
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mckeough View Post
    I do not agree...PA only starts post 50 where as Notoriety starts from the beginning approx level10 and isn't hard at all to earn...most of mine were maxed by the time i hit 50
    But the runes have player level AND item level requirements, so your argument is mute. It essentially also puts post 50 limits on them, so, yeah, still no different than PA.
    Last edited by Bhrawn; 09-20-2012 at 03:23 AM.

  15. #15
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerva3x0 View Post
    ... WoW, resulted in the game becoming to casual for a lot of players. I know a few runes will not ruin the game. But its a step in that direction.
    There's already a fraction of 'hardcore' players than there used to be. I'd be willing to bet 80% of the gamers that play MMO's would classify themselves as casual or less. Hardcore just takes too much time anymore.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts