+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New PvP server... FFA

Default New PvP server... FFA

SO now that both factions are holding hands the PvP servers are dying fast. Why not remove all cross factional BS on one server and open the flood gates. No safe zones as in none, get rid of town gaurds too. All red all the time, only players you dont hit with a aoe is group members / guildies other than that watch out.

The more players get to police themselves the better the server will be. I know, I know many of you have not done a real FFA server and know how it polices itself but in current MMOs the PvP encourages and rewards ******s for being who they are. In a FFA if you piss people off the whole server will jsut kos you.

I am sure many will be against this just becuase you do not want t oroll on a server does not mean you need to try to kill the idea but I know you will.
    No but Llamas with hats are nice.

I'm sorry... FFA?

Do you mean free for all?

I'm for it of course.

Just like Darktide in Asheron's call. But instead of death items people drop mini tokens(World PVP). (100 mini tokens = 1 token.) Rank, level, how many people doing damage to target all effect how many tokens drop. Top 50 world pvp kills track ranking in leaderboards. Bounties can be applied people, person applying the bounty would offer a certain amount of pvp tokens. The first person to kill the bounty gets the tokens. People in the top 20 after killing someone there is a zone alert that such and such is a wanted man and worth more tokens and favor. Make a few world spots where loot that drops is equal to raid epic gear with set bonuses. SO guilds fight other guilds for the farm spots. Spots should change every few hours. Some of the best group pvp battles in a game ever was tusker island.
    I want to see the light leave your eyes
    Feeling your breath on my lips one last time
    I want to see the light leave your eyes.
    Feeling your breath for the last time.
    God rest your soul is mine....

People ask for this often in MMOs, but in any MMO it's done on... the server fails. Look at Age of Conan where they did this. Siege Perilous in UO, the 2 PvP servers in EQ1... they all empty of players and most end up getting closed down.

That's because I am of the firm mindset that PvPers can't handle PvP. They server hop looking for easy kills by padding one faction or another. The same happens in Aion. Genre wide, PvPers can't handle fair fights, complain they want uber mode PvP but when they get it... they complain about dying and server imbalances.

Take GW2 and its WvW. It's a balanced system but the game is rife with complaints that Australians shouldn't play on US servers because they cap at night time. Kids complain that they can't cap during the day time because of school and that WvW should only be turned on during prime time and in the weekends. My favorite I saw was Mesmers need nerfing because they're unkillable and are the fotm class. So, ANet published a graph in their state of the game update yesterday showing that Mesmers were the least underplayed and most underperforming class (lowest damage, poorest survivability).

So, like I said. I'm all for FFA PvP servers. I play EVE and Mortal online that has those already enabled across the entire game as mandatory. It's nothing new to me... but I can tell you right now, themepark MMO players can't handle it because people die a lot. Most themepark PvP Do0dZ want it because they want to make a big guild and steamroll anyone, anytime, anywhere. But the instant their guild gets outnumbered, they start guild hopping and server transferring every single time and the server ends up a ghost town with a bunch of people complaining about how bad the devs suck.
    Last edited by Laeris; 09-18-2012 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rsaetan View Post
    SO now that both factions are holding hands the PvP servers are dying fast. Why not remove all cross factional BS on one server and open the flood gates. No safe zones as in none, get rid of town gaurds too. All red all the time, only players you dont hit with a aoe is group members / guildies other than that watch out.

The more players get to police themselves the better the server will be. I know, I know many of you have not done a real FFA server and know how it polices itself but in current MMOs the PvP encourages and rewards ******s for being who they are. In a FFA if you piss people off the whole server will jsut kos you.

I am sure many will be against this just becuase you do not want t oroll on a server does not mean you need to try to kill the idea but I know you will.
    hmmm I would LOVE to see if that worked or not. You sir have peaked my curiosity.

we have PTShards for a reason Trion when you arnt busy doing SL stuff why not try this idea?

It's a cool idea but the same thing will happen that happened to DAoC's pvp server. 2 or 3 guilds will run the whole server and if you aren't friends with them may as well not even play.

Flash forward a year or 2 and the population is 1/10th what it was because a couple of elitist turds ran the server into the ground with their 200 man guild/alliance.

+ Reply to Thread