+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Telara Civil War:pvp/pve events

Default Telara Civil War:pvp/pve events

Control Of Telara: Civil War:

Guardians and defiants are currently engaged in a civil war.... On a 3-4 hour rotation Sanctum or Meridian or a few other defiant/guardian only cities would be invaded...

this would be a pve/pvp event. For example:

Defiants would attack Sanctum... at that point defiant npc's would have spawned a camp outside sanctum with elite defiant npcs ready for an offensive.... the defiants would then receive certain faction perks to help in the attack, like a calvary, battering rams etc... while the defenders, the guardians elite npc's would also spawn ready to defend receiving faction perks such as barricades and archers....

at that point players of both factions would receive an ingame message sating to come defend/attack- like defiants would get the message "defiants we have amassed an army outside sanctum to gain control of telara, join us" and guardians would receive a message saying "all call to arms all guardians to defend sanctum against the defiant horde" (maybe not worded so generic lol)... temporary porticoliums would be placed at the camps for the players to transport directly to the battle..

each faction having a npc commander that is high level and high hit points... the winner is determined by killing the opposing factions commander. where at that point things would return to normal as the city would now be on cool down as well rewards would then be given for the victors..

the rewards would be faction tokens or currency for faction specific items/buffs as well as faction points for winning and for players killed and enemy npcs killed.... the faction points are constant meaning its always awarded even outside the events... for example, for every 25 enemy npc's killed and for every 1 enemy player killed, your faction would recieve a faction point any time even outside of events but not in warfronts or conquest- open world and city invasion events only.... the points determine how much control you have over telara as well say if the defiants win the attack on sanctum a nuetral city like lantern hook would have a defiant npc garrison spawn in lantern hook, that is if they have more faction points over telara...

then 3-4 hours later meridian would be attacked by guardians, in which the tides could change and guardians have control over a different nuetral city ( these cities would still be accessible to the opposing faction, but just a little dangerous)....as well as in between invasions players engaged in open world pvp would still be awarded faction points for killing npcs and players, helping in increasing their factions hold on telara.... control would constantly be changing hands, and would promote constant owpvp...

of course on a pve server players wuld have the option to not engage in the pvp, but still have access to the event.

just my 2 cents

Shadowlander

Deem you have forgotten that on pve servers there is no more factions for the most part.
    Frankly i see your idea as a waste of dev resource time.

Quote Originally Posted by debdarlin View Post
    Deem you have forgotten that on pve servers there is no more factions for the most part.
    Frankly i see your idea as a waste of dev resource time.
    Actually factions are not gone. The 2 are still not fully united and even on pve shards will still fight each other. The only change is the ability to group, chat, mail, marry etc the opposite fanction, has been added if youre not flagged pvp... This is no different than swg was. Swg i could join a guild of opposite faction, share items chat hang out with etc... Your argument holds no water.. and its only a waste of dev resources if you dont like new content... It actually works for both pvpers and pvers.... For sanctum is still guardian and defiants cant go there or share ports, at least as far as i know

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Ashivautzo View Post
    Actually factions are not gone. The 2 are still not fully united and even on pve shards will still fight each other. The only change is the ability to group, chat, mail, marry etc the opposite fanction, has been added if youre not flagged pvp... This is no different than swg was. Swg i could join a guild of opposite faction, share items chat hang out with etc... Your argument holds no water.. and its only a waste of dev resources if you dont like new content... It actually works for both pvpers and pvers.... For sanctum is still guardian and defiants cant go there or share ports, at least as far as i know
    For now.. I remember the post for 1.10 that stated that it would take time for the faction leaders to come around.. That implies that at some point even the capitols will be cross faction.
    I am all for new content just not new pvp content..owpvp should not even exist on pve servers and as it stands it seldom happens on them (thank god). Any thing that promotes owpvp on pve servers gets a big NO vote from me!

Quote Originally Posted by debdarlin View Post
    For now.. I remember the post for 1.10 that stated that it would take time for the faction leaders to come around.. That implies that at some point even the capitols will be cross faction.
    I am all for new content just not new pvp content..owpvp should not even exist on pve servers and as it stands it seldom happens on them (thank god). Any thing that promotes owpvp on pve servers gets a big NO vote from me!
    well im not sure if you know but alot of owpvp does happen on pve servers due to pvp guilds transferring to pve shards, but thats besides the point....

i do understand your point though not wanting a oxpvp event on a pve server, thats why this scenario is allowing for the option to flag for the pvp aspect of it or not- and just do the pve aspect of it- no new content whether someone likes it or not is a waste of dev resources- if that was the case then the whole game is a waste of dev resources for the simple fact that no one person likes all the different aspects of the game or any game for that matter- some hate crafting- some hate dungeons, some hate wf, some hate conquest or side quests or closing rifts etc.... but some like those things.... in the scenario i described- there is something for both types of players- pve/pvp and both are rewarded equally

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Ashivautzo View Post
    well im not sure if you know but alot of owpvp does happen on pve servers due to pvp guilds transferring to pve shards, but thats besides the point....

i do understand your point though not wanting a oxpvp event on a pve server, thats why this scenario is allowing for the option to flag for the pvp aspect of it or not- and just do the pve aspect of it- no new content whether someone likes it or not is a waste of dev resources- if that was the case then the whole game is a waste of dev resources for the simple fact that no one person likes all the different aspects of the game or any game for that matter- some hate crafting- some hate dungeons, some hate wf, some hate conquest or side quests or closing rifts etc.... but some like those things.... in the scenario i described- there is something for both types of players- pve/pvp and both are rewarded equally
    Even trion has said some hings are a waste of resources. Case in point the ancient wardstone system that used to exist.
    It was a owpvp element that trions data showed was so under used that they removed it completely stating it was a waste of their time to do any more with it.
    I run around wolfbane for hours every day and seldom see any one pvp flagged. So i do not believe there is much interest for owpvp on pve servers period. pvp dailies players avoid the one that flags you. pvp rifts and events get ignored.
    Most of the players i talk to dont even like doing the instanced pvp but state they feel they must to remain competitive in pve due to weapons and conquest perks.

The removal of faction lines on pve servers was a good first step imo and i look forward to trion limiting the pvp even more on pve servers.

Also with guilds having both factions now i think you find your plans fubar on pve servers due to guild loyalties.
    Add in the fact that with SL everyone will be hanging out in the faction neutral city and no one is really going to care what happens to the old cities.

+ Reply to Thread