• 1 Post By krabcat
  • 2 Post By takadox
  • 2 Post By NearioNL
  • 1 Post By LilliumElessa
  • 1 Post By Shaidar Haran
  • 1 Post By Shonda

Thread: An action bar that has option to remain the same across roles

Default An action bar that has option to remain the same across roles

When laying out my UI for a toon with 6 roles, it takes me a long time to set up my action bars initially. If a new perk or skill comes up (as in a new guild perk or the attunement mechanic that allows me to summon a specific kind of rift) I end up changing many of my bars around and have to repeat the procedure for each of my 6 roles.

It would be wonderfully convenient to be able to set up a hotbar with my general skills, lures, consumables, mounts, etc. and be able to click an option that would translate that bar across role changes.

Thank you for considering my suggestion.

Soulwalker

Default Fantastic idea!!

This is an absolutely fantastic idea!!!

It's been suggested similar options before, but I feel your pain and it doesn't hurt to repeat this

Myself I wish we had the option to lock acitonbars, so that when I've changed them or set them up they'll stay the same when I change role. That way we can set up as many as we want similar for all roles. It's a total pain having to jump between all 6 roles and back again to double check it's all in right place.

i could see a few viable options for implementing this such as a separate bar that could be activated similar to the extra action bars currently in the game, but some people might not like the clutter so maybe have 1-2 of the numbered default bars be cross-spec such as numbers 5 and 6

Default Anyone else for this?

Does anyone know what brings suggestions to the forefront of Trion's collective mind? Is it the number of likes a suggestion gets? The number of posts to it? I'd really like to see something like this implemented. It would save a ton of time in-game with setting up my potion/soul recall/rift popping/mount/crafting bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Eventide7 View Post
    Does anyone know what brings suggestions to the forefront of Trion's collective mind? Is it the number of likes a suggestion gets? The number of posts to it?
    they probably only look threw these every once in a while and pick popular ideas that do not take too much work for the benefits. I do not actually know how the action bars are saved and referenced but just as an example for this idea, i will assume that the action bars are saved somewhere on your computer organized by character and role so that when you change it the game starts referencing a different part of the rift folder to populate your bars. if they wanted to add in a bar or overwrite one of the bars that currently exists to allow for a cross-role bar they would probably just have to put a line of code in saying "reference this file here to populate this bar". then again that line could interfere with other stuff requiring more changes that make it impractical.

keep in mine this is all speculation and i could be WAY off but it was fun to think threw

Speculation is better than nothing. Thanks for your input!

I would love to see this implemented.

Currently I have 2-3 actionbars that are used for general utilities (guild perks, crafting, planar shard skills, lures, etc.), and everytime I go to setup a new role I have to write down my setup so it stays consistent across all of my specs.

Not by any means gamebreaking, but it would also be very easy to fix this.

aye, have made the suggestion myself as well.
    I would even go as far to be able to Select all bars I want to remain the same
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

Still hoping to see this implemented sometime.

Rift Disciple

I use addons for this, such as Teleporter and nkMounts/nkZoo (now outdated but still working, and you can update it yourself). Still looking for a lure management one, but I may just write it myself, and there are (or at least were) several options for dealing with gear/specs.
    They typically take up less screen space, and often have features that you wouldn't get otherwise.

Prophet of Telara Shaidar Haran's Avatar

I am bumping this because I feel it is time for this to be implemented.
    My Hand Reaches Far...

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    There's typically no warning for unexpected crashes.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by LilliumElessa View Post
    Still looking for a lure management one, but I may just write it myself,
    Is this something you are looking for. Just came across it after I read the thread here >>> http://www.curse.com/addons/rift/rifter

Quote Originally Posted by Shonda View Post
    Is this something you are looking for. Just came across it after I read the thread here >>> http://www.curse.com/addons/rift/rifter
    No, but I appreciate the try. I'm more interested in being able to have my potions, planar items, food/drink, mount and the like on the same bar in the same order across roles without having to manually add them for each role. I already have the teleporter addon, but teleporting is not somthing I need to do quickly like popping a potion or using a planar item during a fight. I'd like to be able to have a bar I can assign to remain stable across roles so I can assign keybinds to them.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Eventide7 View Post
    No, but I appreciate the try. I'm more interested in being able to have my potions, planar items, food/drink, mount and the like on the same bar in the same order across roles without having to manually add them for each role. I already have the teleporter addon, but teleporting is not somthing I need to do quickly like popping a potion or using a planar item during a fight. I'd like to be able to have a bar I can assign to remain stable across roles so I can assign keybinds to them.
    Lol. If you look at my quote above my reaction you can see I was reacting to LilliumElessa not to you. But np of course.
    The one you are looking for would indeed be a wonderful one

+ Reply to Thread