+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jwright771984

Thread: Swimming Mounts

Default Swimming Mounts

Would be nice if our mounts could swim. Kinda annoying being dismounted every time I need to cross a small section of water.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwright771984 View Post
    Would be nice if our mounts could swim. Kinda annoying being dismounted every time I need to cross a small section of water.
    Would love to have a mount that road across the surface of water as well as an under water mount.

*Rode*... not road.... " they rode along the road"

also.. ride, had ridden, are riding

anyways.. fact is no, we have heard several times about mounts, they will not swim nor fly, at all, not anytime in the near future either. Sorry. While I would like a mount that was somewhat amphibious, anything else would rob from the adventuresome people, who claw their way up mountainsides and jump from pillars of rock to attain new heights and discover forgotten treasures.

Rift has done well to maintain this, and hopefully with SL there will be more puzzles, and hidden cairns/artifacts to find. The ability to move freely in x-y-z fashion makes discovery of the landscapes nigh pointless, I much prefer the more grounded approach, (but what is with the cyclone mount.. who looks like it really should be in the air but is not?? at least give it "gliding" like a flying squirrel might have.. atm it's no better than riding a goldfish across the desert.....

Prophet of Telara Shaidar Haran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZodiac View Post
    an under water mount.
    Mouth to mouth with a crocnard to survive? Count me in!
    My Hand Reaches Far...

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    There's typically no warning for unexpected crashes.

Plane Touched

I want a mountain goat mount that can climb those impossible steep mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirimon View Post
    *Rode*... not road.... " they rode along the road"

also.. ride, had ridden, are riding

anyways.. fact is no, we have heard several times about mounts, they will not swim nor fly, at all, not anytime in the near future either. Sorry. While I would like a mount that was somewhat amphibious, anything else would rob from the adventuresome people, who claw their way up mountainsides and jump from pillars of rock to attain new heights and discover forgotten treasures.

Rift has done well to maintain this, and hopefully with SL there will be more puzzles, and hidden cairns/artifacts to find. The ability to move freely in x-y-z fashion makes discovery of the landscapes nigh pointless, I much prefer the more grounded approach, (but what is with the cyclone mount.. who looks like it really should be in the air but is not?? at least give it "gliding" like a flying squirrel might have.. atm it's no better than riding a goldfish across the desert.....

Would you agree with mounts getting a "swimming buff" that lasted like 8 seconds. It would solve the OP's issue and not destroy the purpose of the landscape.

BTW I agree 100% with what you posted. I have a guildie who wants flying mounts and I do my best to explain why that is a horribad idea.

i'm sure the current issue with not having a swimming mount, is the mechanics of water in the game.. haha, I would also love to see people run out too far and get fatigued!, haha, most of the camera issues were solved.. but water and underwater transitions and movements are still wonky in Rift. Once they fix that completely (if they ever do) then a small temp buff before dismounting would be an OK idea to me.
    Last edited by Mirimon; 09-16-2012 at 08:30 PM.

It seems people are misunderstanding what I am asking for. I don't want mounts specifically for water like seahorses or giant crabs or something. I want my horses, etc. to be able to swim so that I can cross rivers, etc. without having to be dismounted and then having to re-mount when I get to the other side. I kinda think it would be a bit dumb to make mounts for the purpose of exploring underwater. I just want to be able to cross small sections of water without having to dismount, swim than re-mount.

The only issues I have with the way Rift handles this is:
    If I cant enter the water(which is fine), dont give me mounts who technically should be able to with ease :P.
    Last edited by NearioNL; 09-17-2012 at 12:53 AM.
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

RIFT Community Ambassador Talila's Avatar

I think we should start by letting them be able to walk when toggled.
    I went off to FFXIV. Here's my blog.

+ Reply to Thread