+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pets

Default Pets

Hello all! I was just running around Iron Pine Peaks on my Beasmastery warrior earlier and every time I saw those spotted gray kitty mobs I thought man they are so cute! You can see them laying down, attacking each other, eating things! Everything a realistic kitty would be doing. And their color matched the climate and harsh atmosphere so nicely! They were very well thought out, and very cute. And I had to wonder...

To me, my pets are not just an extension of a toon...I mainly play Rift for the story and the roleplay. I am RPing almost every day and my Warrior's kitty is part of that. My Ranger's Boar is also part of her RP story. Not to mention they just look neat.

My suggestion...idea...hope?! Is that maybe...pretty please maybe? We could have a bit more idle motions for them? Can we see them sitting/lying down when we're just standing around or sitting around ourselves? I would love to see my kitty lay down beside me. Or sit alert beside me. Or my wolf. Since we have survival and can craft things...can we craft food just for our pets...just cosmetic stuff really. Like being able to set a chunk of bloody meat in front of our pets and watch them eat it? Maybe?? Even if it's just something we do in our player houses in the expansion? That would be so awesome and wonderful and realistic! I'd love more interaction between myself and my pet. After all, she's been with me the entire journey, shouldn't she mean something to my character?

Also. There are many many different animals in Telara. In each zone you see them. They all look slightly different, color wise. You have gray, white, black, brown wolves. You have speckled, solid, black, cream colored cats. You even have those magenta exotic looking ones. Could we maybe...have an option to change the color of our animals? Like have a gray spotted kitty or a black kitty instead of everyone having the same cream colored kitty? Pretty please? Same for wolves and boars? I would totally love to diversify the pets and be able to say mine is unique...and mine.

Thank you so much for listening, and I hope that maybe my ideas take root somewhere!

PS: Poor Rogue Raptor needs some desperate love. He looks like some kind of mutant skeleton that fell into some gray sludge.

My Telaran Lore and History Blog, with a side of RP storytelling!=http://ascendedtales.blogspot.ca/201...beginning.html

Quote Originally Posted by Netherstorm View Post
    PS: Poor Rogue Raptor needs some desperate love. He looks like some kind of mutant skeleton that fell into some gray sludge.

Hahah, they made the pvp wolf, and the boar look so badass, but the raptor still looks ugly. I agree he needs a new look.

Also, I would love the little companion pets to have more actions. I don't have a ton of companions, maybe like 10 take some leave some, but the squirrels seem to do a lot more actions, like fighting each other. I think it'd be cute if you could somehow like /play with a pet, and have like a cat bat at a ball of yarn or something.
    Siiren@Deepwood

The bane of my existence.

Ya! Oh and I meant combat pets, not companion pets. Although having my little companion pets be more active would be cute too.

I greatly desire some more actions from my combat pets. I'd LOVE to see my kitty sit or lay down while I am, or pounce or jump around. Just a few some actions here and there, other than just standing. We all know animals get bored like we do!

And yes Raptor is ugly isn't he? Hehe

My Telaran Lore and History Blog, with a side of RP storytelling!=http://ascendedtales.blogspot.ca/201...beginning.html

upgrade to the raptor pet should be a T-Rex.
    Rogue - <Ascendance>"
    Luteuel@Greybriar, formely Luteuel@Deepwood

Hehe, a t rex eh? That could be interesting! I was hoping something awesome looking like a velociraptor. One that looks just like the Jurassic park raptors. They are so beautiful/swift/agile/cute!!!!! *loves velociraptors like crazy*

In the interest of this seeing more...well interest....another post!

Quote Originally Posted by Netherstorm View Post
    Iron Pine Peaks on my Beasmastery warrior earlier and every time I saw those spotted gray kitty mobs I thought man they are so cute! You can see them laying down, attacking each other, eating things!
    Really?? Where in Iron Pine Peaks? I wanna see the kitties! Cuteness overload!!

I like your ideas, but I hope they put them on companion pets too. I'd like to feed my pets a treat, and see them do more things while they are hanging around next to me while I fish, etc. For some reason, my cat mostly sticks his butt up at me LOL. I'd like to name my companion pets too.
    My old signature refuses to work. Please imagine this sentence as a freekin' amazing signature, full of wonder and beauty. But please don't imagine it in pink. That would hurt my feelings. Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread