+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No Factions - Guild vs Guild instead

Default No Factions - Guild vs Guild instead

I am for the "Faction as Fiction" in 1.10. Imposed hatred because of race is not very PC. But I am a fan of Open world PvP, even on so called PVE server.

My suggestion has been brought up by others in the past and I will list them as follows:

1. Open the cities, quest hubs, teleporters up to all races.

2. Allows guilds to declare war on other guilds. This should be a mutual agreement between the two guilds to prevent bullying.

3. With war come allies. Allow guilds to declare allegiance to another guild. This will promptly put the ally guild at war with any enemy guild warring with their allies.

4. Allow bounties. Player puts a price on anotherís head. Anyone taking up the bounty will show as red for both the hunter and the hunted.

5. As with war and peace allow the cities to police their streets. City guards will punish any that fight within their walls (if caught in the act).

I feel this will make for a more interesting open world pvp game. Iím not sure how difficult it will be to code this, but MAKE IT S

While i was working today i thought this same things. On Darktide in asheron call, everyone was red to everyone. Guilds fought other guilds for leveling spots etc. You can even roleplay off this. The pure defiant and guardian guilds could rp against traitor guilds for taking in guardians into defiants guilds and vice versa.

It was amazingly fun pvp on Tusker island daily. Instead of a arena people are asking for, fort or castle style siege rifts being spawn after 2 guilds declare war on each other.
    I want to see the light leave your eyes
    Feeling your breath on my lips one last time
    I want to see the light leave your eyes.
    Feeling your breath for the last time.
    God rest your soul is mine....

Telaran

I was all for this,

then i went out and purchased GW2, decided it was crap and returned to Rift.
    Facemelt - 50 Warrior Tank (retired)
    Laviniya - 5X Cleric Tank
    One half of Imperium's Tank Core
    Imperium
    T1/T1, 11/11 HK, 4/4 ROTP, 8/8 ID, 4/4 PF

Quote Originally Posted by Facemelt91 View Post
    I was all for this,

then i went out and purchased GW2, decided it was crap and returned to Rift.
    I understand GW2 blows chunks, but how is that relevant to Rift? GW2 is mostly instanced "worlds" while Rift is a huge world server.

It would be great for guilds to set-up battles in various area's in the world map. Guild A has taken residence in Caer Mathos and challenges it's enemies to evict them if they dare!"

Hanging out in Sanctum trade quarter and eying your sworn enemy but controlling your urge to attack due to the well armed city guard, or even walking down an alley in Meridian after the city guards have past and be ambushed by an enemy.

That's a dimension of MMO's that is needed in Rift.
    When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played...

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbyz View Post
    I am for the "Faction as Fiction" in 1.10. Imposed hatred because of race is not very PC. But I am a fan of Open world PvP, even on so called PVE server.

My suggestion has been brought up by others in the past and I will list them as follows:

1. Open the cities, quest hubs, teleporters up to all races.

2. Allows guilds to declare war on other guilds. This should be a mutual agreement between the two guilds to prevent bullying.

3. With war come allies. Allow guilds to declare allegiance to another guild. This will promptly put the ally guild at war with any enemy guild warring with their allies.

4. Allow bounties. Player puts a price on anotherís head. Anyone taking up the bounty will show as red for both the hunter and the hunted.

5. As with war and peace allow the cities to police their streets. City guards will punish any that fight within their walls (if caught in the act).

I feel this will make for a more interesting open world pvp game. Iím not sure how difficult it will be to code this, but MAKE IT S
    Keep it off of pve servers and i have no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by debdarlin View Post
    Keep it off of pve servers and i have no problem.
    This type PVP shouldn't affect you. Just don't join a guild that participates in PvP. The current PvP servers (two?) are imposed hatred by faction. My suggestion for PvP is purely by choice.
    When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played...

+ Reply to Thread