Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Beckstir
  • 1 Post By Adastra
  • 1 Post By Grufftech
  • 1 Post By Audiocubes

Thread: PvE gear NEEDS DEFENSE

Default PvE gear NEEDS DEFENSE

Short and to the point.

To many are using PvP gear in PvE settings. There needs to be a DEFENSE stat added to PvE gear like valor is for PvP.

PLEASE work on that. Thank you

Ascendant

We don't need another stat. If they do anything, they could tack on another x points of endurance on all the slots, or just try to avoid mechanics better and if applicable, build a better sigil. You also might want to consider building an endurance seal too.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Ascendant

You do realize if they added this they would just tune content around people having that stat right? So, in the end, it wouldn't really accomplish anything other than another stat to keep track of? Would rather they do what Adastra said and just add more endurance to gear.

i think his point is that there are several BIS PVP pieces, and for people who want the PVE side of RIFT they're shafted.
    Beta Participated: SW:TOR, RIFT,EQ2:SF, EQ2:TSO, AoC, STO, GW, RO
    Veteran of: SWTOR, AOC (again), STO, EQ2, LOTRO, WAR, AoC, Van, DAoC, CoH, WOW, GW, Lin2, SWG, Lin1, AO, RO, EQ, UO, Medievia

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Grufftech View Post
    i think his point is that there are several BIS PVP pieces, and for people who want the PVE side of RIFT they're shafted.
    Technically, the PvP pieces are useful for survivability, but not required for progression. PvP gear merely compensates either for slow reaction time to avoid mechanics and/or for healers that aren't on the ball. Every guild has some kind of issue that needs to be addressed/fixed, otherwise we'd all be 8/8 by now right?
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Shadowlander

I think everyone is missing the point of the thread due to what the OP label their pve stat request.
    The OP was not asking for more end or defense on pve gear. They are requesting a pve stat be added similar the the one pvp gear has. That way pve gear is for pve and pvp gear is for pvp.
    Right now there is far to much cross over between the 2 gear sets and in this i agree with the OP.
    But i do not think the answer is adding a stat to pve gear. The stat that was added to pvp gear just needs tweaked more and added to every pvp item.
    The goal should be to have very limit cross over between the 2 sets. Just enough so the player could break into trying the other side. Right now we have bis items from both sides intermixing. Pve people should not have to pvp for bis or close to it items and pvp players should not have to pve for their bis or close to it items.

You mean like armor? No? OH, you mean endurance!

Quote Originally Posted by Beckstir View Post
    Short and to the point.

To many are using PvP gear in PvE settings.
    I fail to see the issue with that.

So what? We have many ways to gear up.
    sure some p50 gear is close to BIS for PvE (mage staff and trinket come to mind) Its Trion rewarding us for playing more than just 1 aspect of the game.

Also the PvE content is likely balanced around full PvE gear, so you do not need any PvP gear at all
    Last edited by BehemothDog; 09-11-2012 at 02:26 PM.

+ Reply to Thread