+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Raventree

Thread: Seige-style Conquest

Default Seige-style Conquest

I suggest a conquest map that is seige style, instead of the current style. We could make catapults and seige equipment, which would give us a use for our maxed out crafting skills. It would just be a lot more fun to seige castles and towers, rather than running around from reactor to reactor.
    Think about it, Trion! That was one of the best things about DAoC!

Quote Originally Posted by Raventree View Post
    I suggest a conquest map that is seige style, instead of the current style. We could make catapults and seige equipment, which would give us a use for our maxed out crafting skills. It would just be a lot more fun to seige castles and towers, rather than running around from reactor to reactor.
    Think about it, Trion! That was one of the best things about DAoC!
    I think its one of the best things about GW2 as well, the objectives are a necessary part, zerg does not equal win. I loved all the objectives and openworldness. Also loved it in AION when I played it (just didn't like the rest of the game).
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 09-09-2012 at 09:00 PM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

King of the hill maybe?!?!?!
    Calm As A Bomb

I like this, but one thing immediately comes to mind. The kill limit.
    It has to either be removed, or put at such a huge number that it's not feasible to go for it.
    Otherwise the average pugger would think it's a good idea (remember, they're not very smart, and in a group they're even worse) to just throw themselves at the walls until the kills run out.
    Or just simply make it so that if the kills run out, the defending team automatically wins. Which would make sense, since they've killed all (or most) of their attackers.

Quote Originally Posted by MRFabulouss View Post
    King of the hill maybe?!?!?!
    And actually encourage zerging?
    No thanks.

Rift Disciple

There is a tecnical limit to the number of players you can have on screen at the time, so you can't have 3 giant multi raid zergs butting heads in the middel of the map, each player would only see a fraction of the other players.

What CQ needs is a way to spreed the players out over the whole map AND have "big" PVP incounters.

If you crack that nut, good for you.

I would like to see fewer extractores but MUCH more upgradeable, I want them upgraded to the point where smart defenders can take on 2 or even 3 times there numbers and win, maybe using crafting, maybe calling down a limitet numbers of artillery striks, and there needs to be something rewarding to do while defending.

Default +1

I really like this idea, one thing I felt wasn't delivered in conquest was to have it be more than a zone-wide warfront. As it is now it just plays as a giant warfront really, so going for a siege or similar objective based gameplay mode and adjusting the kill limit would be an immense upgrade from the current conquest.

Also I just stated that this is a good idea, that means it is. No one disagree. No one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibi View Post
    It's oft said, and I do paraphrase, that Trion could mail people $100 each and some would complain on the forums that it should have been more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyn View Post
    Hey folks,
    Just dropping in a reminder to ensure your posts are on topic, civil and constructive.
    Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread