+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: PVP Flag Removal when ......

Default PVP Flag Removal when ......

Alright so, when you zone into a Warfront, or a Conquest, you get auto-flagged. However, when you leave the flag is automatically removed.

I think it would be helpful for PVP flags to be REMOVED when you zone into a Dungeon / Raid / Chronicle.

For those on PVP shards, it would of course be returned once you zone out.

It can be frustrating to come into a group inside an instance, and have to wait for someone's flag to turn off.

Just a thought.
    Last edited by Purgwolf; 09-09-2012 at 06:38 PM.

It is also easy if everyone turns flag on if some random dude is flagged. It dosent cause any issue and 4 mins later the whole raid is unflagged. 1 st boss is dead. But I do like your suggestion. Nice little quality of life deal.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by BehemothDog View Post
    It is also easy if everyone turns flag on if some random dude is flagged. It dosent cause any issue and 4 mins later the whole raid is unflagged. 1 st boss is dead. But I do like your suggestion. Nice little quality of life deal.
    I prefer to kick the pvp flagged player from the group.

Quote Originally Posted by debdarlin View Post
    I prefer to kick the pvp flagged player from the group.
    Not sure if serious or just a jerk for no real reason...........

Ascendant

Only healers need to flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    really thats cool!

when it happens in the raids I have been in we all flagged just to be safe and save time debating things.

Ascendant

really thats cool!

when it happens in the raids I have been in we all flagged just to be safe and save time debating things.
    The only real restriction in a raid instance is that people who are flagged can not receive heals from people who are not flagged. Flagged healers can freely heal people who are not flagged though.

So if someone is flagged you can either tell them to unflag and ignore it until the timer, or have your healers flag and unflag near the same time (along with the disrespectful nub who came to raid flagged) so there is only a few seconds where someone may not get a heal.

The only real restriction in a raid instance is that people who are flagged can not receive heals from people who are not flagged. Flagged healers can freely heal people who are not flagged though.

So if someone is flagged you can either tell them to unflag and ignore it until the timer, or have your healers flag and unflag near the same time (along with the disrespectful nub who came to raid flagged) so there is only a few seconds where someone may not get a heal.
    Nothing disrespectful about it... he may have been doing PvP dailies and seen " LFM some raid"

so how is that being a nub?

Ascendant

Nothing disrespectful about it... he may have been doing PvP dailies and seen " LFM some raid"

so how is that being a nub?
    They should have immediately de-flagged . . . it takes probably 3 minutes to even get an invite, get ported in, get on voice comms, catch up to the group if needed . . . At that point it's good enough just to go ahead anyway.

If the raid was still being built he probably has 10 minutes and should not be flagged by the time the port in happens.

In the vast majority of cases it will be someone just not paying attention until someone else notices they are flagged (normally by them not getting heals). It's few and far between that someone will happen to be doing PVP dailies, and immediately get ported in to an instance. In those cases you have the two options mentioned above.

It's few and far between that someone will happen to be doing PVP dailies, and immediately get ported in to an instance. In those cases you have the two options mentioned above.

Its happened to me that way, and it wasn't me being disrespectful or being a bad. The heals could have flagged to cover me for 3 mins or not. and again raiding flagged is no real issue either.

Some people overreact to simple things I swear...

Shadowlander

Not sure if serious or just a jerk for no real reason...........
    I am serious and you can think me a jerk i dont care.
    I despise pvp and if you show up to my group flagged i will kick you for it period.

Just checked this out...My archon buffs didn't land on a PvP flagged party member when I was not flagged ( I have auto flag off)

-sigh-

Good grief.

Arguments just like this are the whole reason I made the suggestion in the first place.

Yes, there are things you could do. Never know what someone might have been doing to become flagged in the first place. Been more then once, that I myself, have become flagged, and couldn't figure out why it happened. Not worth fighting about though.

Yeah, it's one of those "would be nice if" sort of things. If Conquest and Warfronts cause flag/un-flag us as we enter / leave, why not the same for instances? That's all.

Didn't want to stir up an argument, though I figured it would happen. At any rate, there you go.

Ascendant

Just checked this out...My archon buffs didn't land on a PvP flagged party member when I was not flagged ( I have auto flag off)
    Really . . . anything that would assist someone in killing someone else. Unless you are progressing in ID are archon buffs really going to make or break any of the fights? Doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by debdarlin View Post
    I am serious and you can think me a jerk i dont care.
    I despise pvp and if you show up to my group flagged i will kick you for it period.
    As far as despising PvP, that's your prerogative. Silly to punish people for enjoying an aspect of the game that you don't like. No different then hard core PvPers abusing the AFK kick in warfronts to kick out a PVEr who is trying to enjoy that part of the game.

Everyone has a right to enjoy all parts of this game, punishing someone for doing just that is silly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast