+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Account shared conquest decay

Rift Disciple

Default Account shared conquest decay

Keeping conquest points from decaying on all alternate characters is not fun and feels more like a chore.

*shrug*

Don't do it then? It's a game, just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by shukaa View Post
    Keeping conquest points from decaying on all alternate characters is not fun and feels more like a chore.
    I have to agree with you, but i am not sure there is a good solution.. I think a lot of people will be for the account sharing and a lot against, because suddenly your lower chars will automatically gain the higest level with no work?

One suggestion to all this would be to eliminate the decay factor.. I have never been a fan of that

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Rising View Post
    I have to agree with you, but i am not sure there is a good solution.. I think a lot of people will be for the account sharing and a lot against, because suddenly your lower chars will automatically gain the higest level with no work?

One suggestion to all this would be to eliminate the decay factor.. I have never been a fan of that
    The decay is to keep you playing. Otherwise, people will simply play to cap, and stop playing, and Conquest will lose its purpose.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

Rift Disciple

I can do the work and get my alts to 200,000 conquest points individually. It's just keeping them at 200,000 capped takes constant work that you can't slack on. I haven't made my alts reach 200,000 because of that.

Ascendant

I think the decay kicks in ~24 hours since the last power gain. You will experience very minimal loss when it starts, and it's generally recovered easily by capping 1-2 extractors or if you're lucky to get the 10 minute tick right away. I believe the decay rate speeds up as more time passes (or at least it feels that way). :x

What I usually do is if I'm just joining CQ to keep my power capped or to stop the decay timer, I just join Dominion (since it's the fastest queue usually), and just cap 1-2 extractors to get back to the power level I want.
    Last edited by Adastra; 09-11-2012 at 06:05 AM.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Having to maintain 200k on 4 toons with limited game time lately does suck but I am not sure what a good solution would be. Would I like the conquest power to be account wide? hell yes but I also feel that its something you should have to work to maintain so if it was made account wide it may have to decay faster, which punishes those with only one toon or so. So bleh :/ I do agree it seems to speed up the longer its been, at first it feels nice and slow then you log in a few days later and its like :O lol.

Not saying its hard to bring up but it can be time consuming especially if your stuck as Dom at least on the Faeblight cluster trying to get 4 toons back up.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Conquest points decay?

I have EIGHT 50's... how the EFF am I supposed to keep them up, with a full time job and a life?

Thanks Trion.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Rising View Post

They are shoveling PA levels out to alts for 0 effort, why not conquest points? Actually, why not everything earned in game... why single out PA is the one welfare system?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Xillean View Post
    Having to maintain 200k on 4 toons with limited game time lately does suck but I am not sure what a good solution would be. Would I like the conquest power to be account wide? hell yes but I also feel that its something you should have to work to maintain so if it was made account wide it may have to decay faster, which punishes those with only one toon or so. So bleh :/ I do agree it seems to speed up the longer its been, at first it feels nice and slow then you log in a few days later and its like :O lol.

Not saying its hard to bring up but it can be time consuming especially if your stuck as Dom at least on the Faeblight cluster trying to get 4 toons back up.
    I currently have 3, but only one is actually at 200k, the second is ~130k and the third is around 56k. On the 200k, I just do it daily and just spend a quick 3-5 min to do something that gets me power and then leave. It's far better to do that for maintenance purposes than to let it decay for 2-3 days, by that time you'll probably be down almost 8-10k power.

I've been playing on my cleric a lot for CQ lately to rank it up faster, as warfronts would take forever lol.
    Last edited by Adastra; 09-11-2012 at 06:52 AM.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
    I currently have 3, but only one is actually at 200k, the second is ~130k and the third is around 56k. On the 200k, I just do it daily and just spend a quick 3-5 min to do something that gets me power and then leave. It's far better to do that for maintenance purposes than to let it decay for 2-3 days, by that time you'll probably be down almost 8-10k power.
    Yeah that's what it turns out to be for me, but my time is horribly limited lately. Still I probably should try to get on and whack a extractor with them all really quick instead of waiting until I get more game time every few days.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

I agree, there's got to be a pleasant middle ground solution somewhere. Having 200k with no decay limits the appeal of replaying Conquest at cap - then again, when it's relatively easy to stay at cap, does it matter? Yet, it's a serious hassle trying to get all your 50s to 200k, then logging out and in just to play for a few minutes daily to keep it full.

Perhaps account-shared conquest points, but increase the speed of decay *significantly*? That is, all your alts will share it, but you have to do more than a few extractors a day to keep it capped, maybe a full match or two every couple days?

Maybe make items purchasable with marks or favor that slow down the decay even further, making it easier to keep alts at full?

Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    They are shoveling PA levels out to alts for 0 effort, why not conquest points? Actually, why not everything earned in game... why single out PA is the one welfare system?
    No need to bring your PA opinions into this topic, it's been discussed elsewhere ad nauseum. Let's try to stick to the subject at hand without using polarizing terms like "welfare" to derail the topic!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by ShinChuck View Post
    No need to bring your PA opinions into this topic, it's been discussed elsewhere ad nauseum. Let's try to stick to the subject at hand without using polarizing terms like "welfare" to derail the topic!
    It's the exact same argument, people who want free stuff shoveled to them based on their own game play decisions. There are already requests for achieves and now Conquest points. It's just making the game dull and boring, there is literally nothing left of open world once the PA stuff drops. All the whiney "Shovel me free stuff cause I'm lazy" requests just make the game have no goals and nothing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    It's the exact same argument, people who want free stuff shoveled to them based on their own game play decisions. There are already requests for achieves and now Conquest points. It's just making the game dull and boring, there is literally nothing left of open world once the PA stuff drops. All the whiney "Shovel me free stuff cause I'm lazy" requests just make the game have no goals and nothing to do.
    No need to be so antagonistic. Calling much of the community "whiny" and "lazy" is a bit unnecessary.

So, anyway, are the subjects related? Sure. But context matters, and there may be arguments where one is acceptable and the other is not.

As it is, nobody has EVER answered why when my job is selected matters. In games that allow multi-classing (that is, one character can play any job: my dragoon is my dark knight is my bard), all your jobs essentially earn the benefits your main does (things like rep, achievements, BoP drops, or other-game equivalents of Conquest Points and PA). And we're not talking "easymode" games either, we're taking games like FFXI (and I dare someone to tell me FFXI wasn't in the upper echelon of "hardcore" MMOs).

In games like Rift or WoW, however, you choose your job *before* logging in. That is, because each character is limited to one class, you choose what job you want to play before logging into the world. Yet, despite a mere few seconds difference between when my job is chosen (prior to or after logging in), you suddenly think things like PA or CP decay should be separate.

I want a direct answer: why does when I selected my job matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Jawsnap View Post

I have EIGHT 50's... how the EFF am I supposed to keep them up, with a full time job and a life?
    I have no idea how you ended up with EIGHT 50's, with a full time job and life.

ps. Selling tickets to watch the Rift spectacle! Taking place from now and into the next year+! Come watch the slippery slope down the lack-of-effort hill. By the end of this forecast we expect to see account shared adventure levels and gear duplicates! Stay tuned.
    Last edited by Violacea; 09-12-2012 at 07:49 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast