+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By Valnak
  • 1 Post By BehemothDog
  • 1 Post By Soul sky

Thread: Make Gear Normalization optional

Default Make Gear Normalization optional

I would like to get my stats on all my characters normalized to the max rank gear stats.
    Some people may not like the idea of losing gear progression, well just let them not use this feature. Let others that don't want to grind for PvP to have fun, to be able to jump in and have fun without being underpowered due to stat differences.

Lets Go Rift. Hope Archeage can do something next. Lets Save Rift

What part of "gear normalization is not coming" was ambiguous to you?

That ... isn't how things work. This is not a "if you don't like it, don't have it" situation. If other people can nullify the gear progression of others, then the people who dislike normalization are essentially being normalized, because other people who didn't grind for it would balance them out.

I'm in favor of normalization, but the concept isn't that black and white. I don't think you understand how it works.
    ~Quiescent

No you cannot have max stats on all characters for free.
    Why would you ask for an I win button? Cheat codes are for single player games.

Rift Chaser

Plus it doesnt take that long to get competitive pvp gear. Yeah you have to die some... but you know there has to be a LITTLE work to earn it in games.

Quote Originally Posted by tro44 View Post
    I would like to get my stats on all my characters normalized to the max rank gear stats.
    Some people may not like the idea of losing gear progression, well just let them not use this feature. Let others that don't want to grind for PvP to have fun, to be able to jump in and have fun without being underpowered due to stat differences.
    You realise that if some people can boost their gear to max and be normalised, whereas other people have the option not to boost their gear, would defeat the entire concept of normalisation?
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

RIFT Guide Writer

He is special in his world.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    That ... isn't how things work. This is not a "if you don't like it, don't have it" situation. If other people can nullify the gear progression of others, then the people who dislike normalization are essentially being normalized, because other people who didn't grind for it would balance them out.

I'm in favor of normalization, but the concept isn't that black and white. I don't think you understand how it works.
    You're absolutely correct. I'm also a proponent for normalization, but this idea is simply terrible.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

wait so is the whole issue with normalization over the grind,

because I thought the issue was with the stat balance for certain callings compared to others.

those seem like two different issues, with the later easily solved by giving those that want it, full rank gear.

but for the former, if you like grind, how is giving people the option to skip it, effecting your grind? dont use it if you love to grind so much for PvP gear.
    Last edited by tro44; 09-09-2012 at 11:44 PM.

Lets Go Rift. Hope Archeage can do something next. Lets Save Rift

Rift Chaser

because I thought the issue was with the stat balance for certain callings compared to others.

those seem like two different issues, with the later easily solved by giving those that want it, full rank gear.

but for the former, if you like grind, how is giving people the option to skip it, effecting your grind? dont use it if you love to grind so much for PvP gear.
    really? it took literally 2-3 days for me to get to rank 30 in pvp, starting with absolutely no PVP gear wearing 45 transplanar set. As i got the new gear and swapped out pieces i started dieing less and less. THe more i just stuck with it the less i died, the more rewards i got and the more fun it got.

People dont deserve a "i wanna pvp, but i dont wanna try to get any gear".... how would you feel about raid gear normalization? A noob joins your raid and immediately gets the benefit of having raid gear without getting any at all? At that point why not just give the gear away, i mean everyone should have full T2 raid gear without work right?

Read that again^^^ and this time think about it...

Just because you don't understand why this idea is bad does not make it a good idea.

Plane Touched

There isn't a facepalm.jpg big enough for this idea.

You want gear without any work at all, really. sounds like you should be checking e-bay for an account.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by spowers454 View Post
    You want gear without any work at all, really. sounds like you should be checking e-bay for an account.
    lol so true

Lets just lock this thread please? The "argument" was over before it was began, there is no thoughtful dialog, and the only thing left to do is verbally abuse the OP and search for new ways to skirt the CoC and forum rules. (sounds like fun!!)

+ Reply to Thread