+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Achievements Redone

Soulwalker

Default Achievements Redone

Instead of having each character having each character progress through every achievement have one set that you progress through as an account.

This means that if you are 3\4 on rare spawns in a zone on character A but then are roaming around on character B, find the 4th rare spawn it counts towards that 3\4 finishing it out.
    This would also apply for dungeons/raids. Say that an achievement on a boss is easier by being on an alt, once you get that achievement you have it regardless of which character you are on.

But this would also mean achievement rewards would be awarded to all characters on the account. You might think this would break the game, but not really if you think about it.
    * Titles don't change the game at all, it just shows that you have completed some feat.
    * Costume items don't change you stats and go in wardrobe slots anyways, you can already mail most of them since they are BoA.
    * Mounts are all 60%/Scaling (Except RoS) so that wouldn't change much either, and with the expansion having 2 speeds faster then the current 110% even that wouldn't be an issue.

This would promote people playing multiple characters and would also promote newer styles of achievements.
    *Group Hug - Have 1 of each class at level 50 (example)

During the Pax video streams they did mention that achievements are already account wide so this change wouldn't even be too difficult to implement if people support this idea.

Also during that same video stream people mentioned that they would like it so they can get into pug groups easier, this would make this possible by making achievements easier to link.

Let me know what you think. Would you support this idea?

Why stop at achievements, why not do pvp ranks, and gear, after all if i have one character thats fully ID geared why should i have to go through and regear all my alts.

edit, no, quit asking for the game to be dumbed down even more.
    Last edited by Robes; 09-08-2012 at 04:04 PM.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Soulwalker

Doing that for gear would dumb the game down way too much that's why I don't suggest it. But with achievements it doesn't make them any easier. You still have to spend the time/effort to complete them. It just makes it more convenient. Which is what rift is all about.

+ Reply to Thread