+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Trion please ban two words "Wild" and "Growth"

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ShinChuck View Post
    I understand the need for the macros, but it's such a stretch to try and make "wild growth" sound like innuendo. Really, it's such a painful, vague stretch, just stop.

...dang it, I just turned this topic into a list of all the possible ways to make it sound vaguely sexual, didn't I?
    Best one I've heard to date is '***** Storm' in place of a Rift Storm (I'm assuming the player is either 12 or has a learning disability)...Consider the types of people you're gonna encounter in an MMO.

The 'growing' into PvE content is so childish in its own right I won't bother addressing it except to note that its childish.

The macro crowds gonna do what the macro crowds gonna do, be happy we can't attach audio snippets to the macros.
    Last edited by Hugatree; 09-08-2012 at 08:07 PM.

Champion

I use Karuul Alert so I don't need the shout out but I don't read chat while fighting so it doesn't bother me.

i hate the people that have really obscure and long macros trying to be funny with it..

"UH OH! whats that growing in your pants? more power! pew pew my minions, btw, this is probably a good time to use your cooldowns"

...well thanks, now that ive read all that ill use the 5 seconds i have left to use my CDs
    Last edited by xanduin246; 09-08-2012 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xanduin246 View Post
    i hate the people that have really obscure and long macros trying to be funny with it..

"UH OH! whats that growing in your pants? more power! pew pew my minions, btw, this is probably a good time to use your cooldowns"

...well thanks, now that ive read all that ill use the 5 seconds i have left to use my CDs
    I agree with this. Your clever little pun macro might be cute the first time, but about five seconds later, the novelty has worn off. That's why I'm glad the people in my guild aren't fmd, and have extremely basic macros. "Wild Growth up for 10 seconds." "B-rez used on %t." "%t squirreled." and so forth.

There's nothing wrong with adding some personality to your macros, just remember, no one likes hearing the same joke fifty times in one night.

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    I was going to post something along the lines of ^^ but then I looked at the OP's sig and saw he is a cleric. Clerics really don't get the 'dps' thing. Just excuse this thread.
    Nice attempt at trolling, my main is a cleric too

Casting f..k all, 10 sec of f..k nothing. Give me a class block and I would block out mages not to hear their casting wild crap again. It might have it's place but it has been spammed so much what I'm saying is keep it to a minimum when it's needed only.
    Wait 'casting look at me, 10 sec of you reading this crap"
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Ascendant

It is a coordination factor in the Support Team: (our team does it in Mumble mostly, with a simple raid statement for those who just will not join Mumble, but have all been informed it is a time to use as much of their bestest output DPS as possible)

Wild Growth will overwrite all the debuffs put out by tank(Spotter's), Archon(Illuminate), Bard (VoJeopardy); and has a buff factor as noted...it is also the prelude to the Support cycle from the Archon and Bard to team up and cycle in:

Archon - Flaring Power ;

Bard - Verse of Joy ;

Thus, the Raid outputs DPS numbers of good magnitude, and gets a return of value throughout the DPS output. And then the debuffing cycle from the WL, the Archon, and if needed, the Bard (as Coda of Cowardice and Distress cover mutiple targets/adds, compared to singles from Archon) can resume until the Wild Growth is again ready to rinse repeat the above cycle. Its all about teamwork, to support your raid.

If you are not a support team member, it would behoove you to find out what they actually do for your raid; check on Grinnz's posts on Archon particularly, ask your Chloros, your Archons and your Bards.

Now, if the OP was just trolling ( I can't always tell in text if folks do that), then forget this and keep complaining about raid announcements that are meant as communication.

Just saying..............

Wildwuchs! Wildwuchs! Wildwuchs!

Now trion can lock this thread.

Our MT yelled at me for not having a macro to call out WG because he was wasting combo points on spotter's.

I find it very useful when others do it too because the spell has a cast time. I have KAruul Alert set up to tell me when my target has WG on them, but sometimes I find myself hitting hte cast right after someone else but before they finish the cast time, thus wasting a cooldown. If they have a text macro, I know when they are starting the cast and hold off on mine.

Ask people in your guild to macro everything to /yell and then disable /yell and word-bubbles. Problem solved.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    Casting f..k all, 10 sec of f..k nothing. Give me a class block and I would block out mages not to hear their casting wild crap again. It might have it's place but it has been spammed so much what I'm saying is keep it to a minimum when it's needed only.
    Wait 'casting look at me, 10 sec of you reading this crap"
    Just don't pay attention to red text? Problem solved

Telaran

I love it when people from Brucwacht and Brutmutter spam "wild wuchs" in T2s
    Facemelt - 50 Warrior Tank (retired)
    Laviniya - 5X Cleric Tank
    One half of Imperium's Tank Core
    Imperium
    T1/T1, 11/11 HK, 4/4 ROTP, 8/8 ID, 4/4 PF

The /ignore function. Use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Plexus View Post
    The /ignore function. Use it.
    just... too... obvious... not... fun.

Soulwalker

In conquest zerg fights, I yell "Motif of Encouragement up! Kill 'em all!" on my cabalist to confuse the PVE people.
    Yao R50 Cleric
    Krynn R25 Mage
    Wrukthun R40 Warrior (retired since 1.8)
    Quaray R29 Rogue (retired since 1.5)
    <Delta Formation> @Bloodiron Defiant

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2