+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Please balance out RoTP boss-difficulty.

Default Please balance out RoTP boss-difficulty.

1st Boss. Took us xx tries and now we have him perfected. Only when we are really unlucky
    there's a slim chance of a wipe. Otherwise this boss is free loot.

2nd Boss. This boss was a stonewall, we spent about 3 months trying to down this piece of crap
    and constantly ended up wiping. Our best try was our 2nd try, 43%. Then about 1 month ago
    we finally figured him out and now he's downed on first or second try every run.

The mini bosses, golems. Steamroll basically, keep 1 rogue purging, 1 healer focusing the rogue
    and the golems drops easy.

And then we have General Silgen. This boss is an RNG-boss, something you Trion said you would not
    have in your game. Quoted from your own Developer diary "We will not have RNG based boss encounters,
    our boss fights will be about learning phases and getting past them".
    Well my friends at Trion, there is no "learning RNG Phase". We get completely stonewalled on Silgen
    on every raid. Those firepits he summons at RANDOM LOCATIONS which moves in RANDOM DIRECTION
    kills of people every time. Many times i've seen good players being fully aware of the spawning, and
    they jump away, only to have the pit "follow" them, and do 4500 damage each second...

I consider myself fast reaction time. I am the one appointed with the task to interupt Beruhast's cast
    which can cause a raidwipe and has a 1.5sec cast-time.. And even i get hit by Silgen's firepits from
    time to time.. 4500 damage instantly, and DEAD if you don't move within 1 second... ONE SECOND.

We have tried everything on Silgen. We tried funneling him in a tent only to have the teathers spawn
    in such position that the tank couldn't get to them before the teathers killed him. We have tried
    spreading out, only to get roasted by his firepits. We used to even get wiped on his "blue bubble" phase,
    but we worked that out. We simply have the tank run out of the bubble and re-engage Silgen
    only a second before bubble pops. That way, Silgen won't charge into the bubble and cleave the raid.

But the Pits are, like i said before, a RANDOMLY GENERATED FEATURE on this boss, something you
    said you would not put into the boss encounters. So why are there no way of controlling them?.

stop being bad and standing in puddles
    Last edited by Alyvian; 09-07-2012 at 12:50 AM.

Shadowlander

the Pits are the only funny mechanic left in RotP ... and actually arent hard to avoid.
    Even I can avoid them while brainafking hitting my 1 hotkey to cleanse the raid on my twink...
    If people die because the pit is following them... how about you change the direction you are running?
    You even have a little time from spawn to receiving damage ... And pro-Tip : Try to study how the voids move.. there is a pattern there: so not really RNG like you say

Silgen is a hard fight, admittedly. However, it is simply a case of getting to know the fight (as always) and as you learn the fight you find it easier and easier to move with haste. Stacking some fire resist can be useful if you're really struggling, but on the whole I would advise that you just keep at it. It's a T2 raid, it's not meant to be easy. :/

GL

Champion

The "fire pits" have a little spark on the ground where they will spawn, if it's at your feet you have plenty of time to move away before it swawns. The fire circles don't turn, they go one way or the other, rarely double back but I've seen them do that, just run at a right angle to them.

Back your camera way back and up so you can see the whole field of play, edit your rift file for this.

It really shouldn't take months, you are missing something.

Cladari

There's no rng in the Silgen fight. Only baddies say there is.

Also being able to interrupt a 1.5 sec cast is in no way, shape or form "fast" reactions.

Funnel moves and spawns randomly yes... but if you use your brain you can see him casting it, be ready to move well out of it's way and continue, removing any so called "rng" from the fight.

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

That's not what people mean when they say rng in this context. While yes all of the mechanics in there are randomly targeted, It's always your fault for dying to it.

Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post
    There's no rng in the Silgen fight. Only baddies say there is.
    I wouldn't say there is no RNG at all, just not as much as the OP makes out. Heat Funnel has a castbar and can be avoided 100% of the time. The only RNG I've seen is really bad Heat Funnel placement and Fire Tether. I've seen a non-moving heat funnel sit on the tether point before.
    Biz - L60/P81 Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Dreez View Post

they jump away, only to have the pit "follow" them, and do 4500 damage each second...
    I don't beleive actual jumping will make you avoid AOE. I'm thinking of Issakal in DH and the okey cokey dance where jumping out of it still kills you. Could be wrong.

But the overall jist here is, less whining more practice. I'm no expert at it but I can cope with funnels and "random" aoe thanks to practice. Keep trying and you'll get there
    Intim @ Zaviel EU
    Twitch Channel ,YouTube,Twitter

Ascendant

I don't know how to say this nicely but... RoTP's difficulty is fine. Your group is just not performing up to the standard required.

With respect to Silgen, spread out. Use King Boss Mods to see the Heat Funnels coming if you want extra time to react. The Heat Funnels are inactive for the first second or so after they spawn; just move away. You're safe from another for awhile after this.

Tethered by Flames is just raid awareness. If your tank is strong enough they can just eat the Tether damage, if not the raid needs to move away from them and give them space so the raid doesn't get cleaved.

There's not much RNG in Silgen; you CAN be screwed by it but it's so rare that this would happen, and the only time it's likely to happen is if you're a melee. Everyone just needs to react quicker and know what's going on. I can count the number of times I've died to Silgen mechanics on one hand.
    Last edited by Raen Ryong; 09-07-2012 at 03:00 AM.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

Champion

I am not suggesting that RotP is a easy 10-raid, but then again it should not be either, it has drops that equals HK drops, which DH and GP do not. So yes this is a tier that could be consider hard.

How ever, after reading that your raid have wiped for 3 months on the second boss, tells me that your group is more of the problem here then the tier in it self. You seem to be carry people with you that is simply not good enough, and need more practice. Now i know this is not something you like to hear, and it will probably feel personal, because you have all worked hard on this dungeon, and of course you feel your a good group, but honestly, RotP is not that hard, it just is not. It is even puged up to last boss, which by it self tells you that it is doable if you have a good group.

So work with your group, look at where it goes wrong, who is the one holding back, and what can that/those persons do to make it work. I am not talking about finding the baddie, i am talking about find were your weak links are and make them better.
    Look at reactions, gear, dps/hps, or maybe it is just as simple as that your group need to get a fire cores to get more resistance. Record your tries and look at them and see were you can improve
    Find your weak spots and fix them, and you will make this tier too.

General of Telara

Where exactly is the rng in silgen that would force a wipe?

Silgen is the only pre t3 fight that's a challenge including all hk bosses up until akylios. It's fun and keeps you on your toes for the few minutes it lasts. And if people aren't id geared it can also present a good dps race especially if some die during the fight.

It is also a very decent way of measuring your dps in a situation where you need to react fast to move and optimize your dps uptime.

If anything more fights should be like Silgen, he's imo the most fun pre ID/PF boss there is and actually offers a sense of accomplishment after a kill (at least if your gear level is such that you have anything to do in rotp in the first place) unlike HK bosses that are all horribly boring and easy.

Not to bash you OP but if the second boss took you 3 months of progression then maybe encounter difficulty isn't the issue. Most people I've raided with took an hour or two, and this was pre-nerf in almost certainly worse gear.
    Nope.

2nd Boss. This boss was a stonewall, we spent about 3 months trying to down this piece of crap
    and constantly ended up wiping. Our best try was our 2nd try, 43%. Then about 1 month ago
    we finally figured him out and now he's downed on first or second try every run.
    Stand in 1 place and nuke him. If you have more than 2 interrupters, it's FFA, otherwise have 1 person be main interrupt and 1 backup. If the add spawn, nuke it down, but don't have it hug the boss. Apparently if the tank taunts it (with a ranged taunt), the add won't try to hug it, not too sure about that.
    And ofc move if the fire gets near you. If you got good healers and aren't undergeared, it's not necessarily a wipe if you miss an interrupt, but the healers need to realise an interrupt has been missed.

And then we have General Silgen. This boss is an RNG-boss, something you Trion said you would not have in your game. Quoted from your own Developer diary "We will not have RNG based boss encounters, our boss fights will be about learning phases and getting past them".
    Well my friends at Trion, there is no "learning RNG Phase". We get completely stonewalled on Silgen
    on every raid. Those firepits he summons at RANDOM LOCATIONS which moves in RANDOM DIRECTION
    kills of people every time. Many times i've seen good players being fully aware of the spawning, and

I consider myself fast reaction time. I am the one appointed with the task to interupt Beruhast's cast
    which can cause a raidwipe and has a 1.5sec cast-time.. And even i get hit by Silgen's firepits from
    time to time.. 4500 damage instantly, and DEAD if you don't move within 1 second... ONE SECOND.

We have tried everything on Silgen. We tried funneling him in a tent only to have the teathers spawn
    in such position that the tank couldn't get to them before the teathers killed him. We have tried
    spreading out, only to get roasted by his firepits. We used to even get wiped on his "blue bubble" phase,
    but we worked that out. We simply have the tank run out of the bubble and re-engage Silgen
    only a second before bubble pops. That way, Silgen won't charge into the bubble and cleave the raid.

But the Pits are, like i said before, a RANDOMLY GENERATED FEATURE on this boss, something you
    said you would not put into the boss encounters. So why are there no way of controlling them?.
    About the fire bubbles. Yes, they move in random directions. But that is why you spread out, and move if he makes one near you. It's a longish cast, all you need to do is pay a bit of attention.
    Also, it's not like they actively follow anyone. They move in one direction, then reaches the point where it changes a direction. If one comes after you, move in a different direction.

The "leash"-thingie (where you need to run to the circle on the ground) does more damage the longer it's active, so as soon as you see it on you, run the **** to it.
    If the tank is good geared, s/he can easily just stand and take the damage, if the healers aren't asleep.
    If the tank needs to move, have him or her say on Teamspeak, Ventrilo or whatever that s/he moves, or even write in a raid warning - something simple as "TANK MOVING" will do, it'll take a second to write too.

The blue bubbles. This took a while for us to understand too, but as soon as you enter the bubble, you get a buff that reduces the damage you take, which means you don't have to stand in it the entire time. Very important. Run in, get the buff, and run back out.

Personally, I love this boss.
    The only requirements to kill him is that you don't fall asleep, and pay attention to stuff going on around you.
    It's an easy ******-check.

Also, bard and chloro makes this fight too easy.
    Living Energy and Anthem of Competence.

I don't beleive actual jumping will make you avoid AOE. I'm thinking of Issakal in DH and the okey cokey dance where jumping out of it still kills you. Could be wrong.
    This is true.
    If you jump while you move, and an aoe spawns at the place you jumped from, it will hit you when in the air, even if you're not actually in it. The damage is calculated from where you last were on the ground.
    So, don't jump away, just run.

Rift Chaser

But the Pits are, like i said before, a RANDOMLY GENERATED FEATURE on this boss

Although their movement is random, their initial placement is not, if you watch the boss he will actually turn and "channel" out the heat funnel.

If he turns toward you start moving away and you should have plenty of time to avoid any and all funnels, granted this is harder for melee but eh its Rift, lots of fights favor range.

see ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JApZr0q8sEQ&t=0m15s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JApZr0q8sEQ&t=0m30s
    Last edited by Hadezz; 09-07-2012 at 06:01 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast