+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Sariina
  • 1 Post By Tufelhunden

Thread: FALL to my death!

Default FALL to my death!

With the release of Storm Legion on the horizon.. one cannot help but notice how the new lands are not only great in size.. but have a ton of REALLY high places..

While I enjoy the fear of being on the precipice of death, I can't help but think having some sort of item that acts as a parachute/featherfall/slowfall if even for a very short time would be most valuable and appreciated.

Though the mount doesn't fly... perhaps it could "glide" gracefully to the floor like a rabid squirrel?

I enjoyed climbing to the top pillar in Scarlet Gorge.. but this whole new world seems to be riddled with 800 foot drops...

Ascendant

There is still time to convert to the dwarf side.

Alternatively, make a cleric so you can cast vigilance on yourself and jump off anything you want no matter how high because you can't die.
    Last edited by Sariina; 09-05-2012 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    There is still time to convert to the dwarf side.

Alternatively, make a cleric so you can cast vigilance on yourself and jump off anything you want no matter how high because you can't die.
    Muhahaha we are the master race when jumping down. Woot!! I don't know how many times I have lead people to their deaths not thinking they may not be able to jump that far down.

At least for Defiant, there is a low lvl quest reward...I think it was in Stonefield? that awarded you a trinket that cut your falling dmg by 20%. Or was it made you fall slower by 20%? I can't remember now, but the icon is a feather and it allows you to fall farther and more safely. I still have it in my bank (cause I'm a total packrat) and this made me think of it.

On a somewhat side note...really, lots of high places? That seems really fun! Lots of potential for nifty little shinies or puzzles. I really love puzzles. I hope there's some challenges and unique rewards for going up to these high places!

My Telaran Lore and History Blog, with a side of RP storytelling!=http://ascendedtales.blogspot.ca/201...beginning.html

yeah, watch some of the pax vids, like the new bard/tactician "****" they show off a ton of the prominant landscapes, littered with a plethora of ancient ruins (indicating a previously more advanced people and more populous as well).

But you, I know the trinket you speak of, and while at nub levels, for small drops it did wonders.. but did not save my life much from many of the drops in our current content.

With increased heights I can't see a reason why they wouldn't toss something for slow falling in there.

Parachutes were around hundreds of years before aircraft, as a means to escape burning buildings.

And this is why I love having a dwarf rogue because while stealthing around or using a speed ability I can jump off sides that would normally kill me and chase invasions or run to save a party member without the revival delay :P
    I am the ascended with no side, one that has walked both and will choose neither.

Mathosian Cleric - High Elf Mage - Eth Rogue - Dwarf Rogue

So because something is tall it means you must be able to jump down from it?
    Makes sense.
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

Quote Originally Posted by Valfador View Post
    So because something is tall it means you must be able to jump down from it?
    Makes sense.
    no.. because a ton of the terrain is tall surrounded by canyons.. just saying, you will see people QQ about being kicked off constantly, like ember watch before they put up buffs and added npc guards..

having a little something small on a semi large c/d (like 10m or so) would be handy.. perhaps it's something you find in a zone puzzle game or a epic storyline quest?

still....falling........

as a side note.. I wish I had a dwarf mage for only one purpose.. to put on the autumn event hat and make hime look like an old school Final Fantasy mage

pssst, how about adding "gliding" to the cyclone mount.. so you don't fall to your death from atop those massive canyons.... (it would at least fit the appearance of the mount... surprised they didn't make a multi-snaked pedal type mount.. half slithering half stepping across the terrain, since we see reptiles alot in current air content.)

+ Reply to Thread