+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Alanox

Thread: Storm Legion PvP suggestions!

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    157

    Default Storm Legion PvP suggestions!

    We will have account wide PA come Storm Legion "thank you Trion" . How about account wide PvP ranks? Something to think about.

    I would really also like to see a siege done Trion style. I don't want to be beating on a 150 million HP wooden door. But an indoor conquest would be awesome. Give it five control points, four towers and the King's lair. Make the entrance of all three factions appear to be an already busted down castle gates. That would give the illusion we fought to the castle and kicked down the door! Now its time to battle! It would be one big epic fight!

    At the end when our marks appear to be claimed, also have a lotto item. Like Shimmersand Kyloe, except not a cow. Maybe an uber rare cape, etc. It should be as rare as fluffy. Rare and uber is the key. We need more lotto items IMO, and not stuff that can be purchased with the up coming event currency either =)

    IMO I think providing PvPers with that would really give SL the PvP flare pvpers are looking for. Don't get me wrong, me personally I am happy where PvP is at, and I already look forward to SL. But after all this is the suggestion section so there is my 2 cents.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Shinkirou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    I'd like to see dps warriors with less resistance to CC, and not always have a gap closer off cd.

    Doms have Transmorgrify nerfed.

    And something be done about sabos.

    Besides that I enjoy current pvp, and am quite sure Trion will be bringing out some awesome pvp stuff in the future.

    World pvp events I think would help spice things up, spawn a huge pvp oriented invasion/event on a map, because skirmishes don't really cut it.

    EDIT: For instance, have something where a faction can take control of a map, kind of like the idea of ancient wardstones back in the day.
    Last edited by Shinkirou; 09-02-2012 at 04:35 PM.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkirou View Post
    I'd like to see dps warriors with less resistance to CC, and not always have a gap closer off cd.

    Doms have Transmorgrify nerfed.

    And something be done about sabos.

    Besides that I enjoy current pvp, and am quite sure Trion will be bringing out some awesome pvp stuff in the future.

    World pvp events I think would help spice things up, spawn a huge pvp oriented invasion/event on a map, because skirmishes don't really cut it.

    EDIT: For instance, have something where a faction can take control of a map, kind of like the idea of ancient wardstones back in the day.
    To add a few things to your list "good calls btw".

    Rogue's range specs should not be any longer then any other class. Also rogues should not be able to stun you while stealthed, without their stealth breaking. If they stun you it should break stealth.

    Rogue's speed burst should have longer cool downs with shorter effects. And if that actually gets changed then if you are in combat with another player in a PvP zone "WF/Conquest" you by no means should be able to mount up. Players need to be out of combat to use a mount. But if it stays the same then keep the ability to mount in combat =).

    But feel free to show the rogues some love. I would like nothing more then to see them encouraged to stay for a whole fight. Because IMO they only do three things well, and that is stealth, run, or die running.
    Last edited by Alanox; 09-02-2012 at 06:40 PM.

  4. #4
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    39

    Default

    I say no to more pvp of any type!
    The last thing we need is more uber pvp gear that makes pve players feel they have to pvp to be competitive in pve.
    Also with 1 faction coming to pve servers soon your not going to find very many players even wanting to do open world pvp.
    Last edited by debdarlin; 09-04-2012 at 07:01 PM.

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanox View Post
    Rogue's range specs should not be any longer then any other class. Also rogues should not be able to stun you while stealthed, without their stealth breaking. If they stun you it should break stealth.
    They already do break stealth when a stun is used. Paralyzing Strike is an opener that stuns and takes a rogue out of stealth. Most rogues prefer to open with Jagged Strike though.
    White Fang

    Adastra@Greybriar

  6. #6
    Plane Touched Khatovar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkirou View Post
    I'd like to see dps warriors with less resistance to CC, and not always have a gap closer off cd.

    Doms have Transmorgrify nerfed.

    And something be done about sabos.

    Besides that I enjoy current pvp, and am quite sure Trion will be bringing out some awesome pvp stuff in the future.

    World pvp events I think would help spice things up, spawn a huge pvp oriented invasion/event on a map, because skirmishes don't really cut it.

    EDIT: For instance, have something where a faction can take control of a map, kind of like the idea of ancient wardstones back in the day.
    In order for warriors to "always have a gap closer off cd" you have to run with a build that reduces your dps by about 25%, or more depending on the number of folks you're swinging at. A stormer build has two gap closers. It also has decent dps for 2.5 seconds of every 30 seconds. Mages and rogues of any worth whatsoever know how to deal with a stormer build. Other builds with better dps on demand do not have that number of gap closers. The folks that cry over warriors and their gap closers are probably the same guys that die to ground AOE in raids. ;)

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by debdarlin View Post
    I say no to more pvp of any type!
    The last thing we need is more uber pvp gear that makes pve players feel they have to pvp to be competitive in pve.
    Also with 1 faction coming to pve servers soon your not going to find very many players even wanting to do open world pvp.
    There has to be something which stops people running PvE gear in PvP though and making the strongest PvPers those with the most PvE progression.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts