+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Trigged

Thread: SUGGESTION: Conquest IAs

Default SUGGESTION: Conquest IAs

Don't really know where suggestions are suppose to go, but while watching the PAX Prime Stream I had a great idea that I feel would make Conquest not just a grind, but possibly fun.

The title really says it all. Instant Adventures in Conquest, with all three sides having multiple raids just so everybody can get in, and all three sides sharing the same goal.

With the right rewards (Shards of Conquest on every IA, with a possible 1 Mark of Conquest, Planarite, Chance of ISS, and maybe even some Favor) the IAs in Conquest would make Conquest fun as people would do the IA and the game would force them to fight if they want the rewards.

I don't PvP to terribly much, and I personally hate Conquest atm as for the most part its just run from one extractor to the next and maybe once and a while get to run into the other zergs, So feel free to tell me what you think PvP Community.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by sirrelyc View Post
    Don't really know where suggestions are suppose to go, but while watching the PAX Prime Stream I had a great idea that I feel would make Conquest not just a grind, but possibly fun.

The title really says it all. Instant Adventures in Conquest, with all three sides having multiple raids just so everybody can get in, and all three sides sharing the same goal.

With the right rewards (Shards of Conquest on every IA, with a possible 1 Mark of Conquest, Planarite, Chance of ISS, and maybe even some Favor) the IAs in Conquest would make Conquest fun as people would do the IA and the game would force them to fight if they want the rewards.

I don't PvP to terribly much, and I personally hate Conquest atm as for the most part its just run from one extractor to the next and maybe once and a while get to run into the other zergs, So feel free to tell me what you think PvP Community.
    You know, that actually sounds pretty cool. I like the idea of maybe an alternate conquest mode like the wf ones. Just have the game direct the players, to create pvp hotspots automatically. Maybe have win conditions based upon speed completing objectives, mixed in with "Kill x amount of enemies" at certain locations.

Just as long as it's split up a little and is not faction zerg vs faction zerg I think it could be fun.
    Last edited by Trigged; 09-02-2012 at 10:38 AM.

Thats pretty much why i liked the idea. If all three teams IA had seperate goals then they'd just be PvEing. Give them the same goal and they are pretty much forced to PvP and PvE. Of course if all of Nightfall/Dom/ and Oath joined IA sure put one raid on one IA goal (so maybe a max of 3 IAs at once with a priority system so if theres a open slot you will get into the IA that the other teams will also be fighting to complete.

I guess what I'm trying to say is to not send every faction in different directions, but don't lag fest it either. It most likely would be a tricky balancing between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by sirrelyc View Post
    I guess what I'm trying to say is to not send every faction in different directions, but don't lag fest it either. It most likely would be a tricky balancing between the two.
    If all three factions went en masse to the same general location, and if that indeed made Conquest fun enough to draw the number of players it used to, it would indeed be a lag fest. Guaranteed. Trion has not (and I suspect never will) fixed the server side bandwidth issues that cause the problem. I'm half convinced that the reason they made Storm Legion so large is that they want to spread people out so they don't have to deal with it, and I also would not doubt they haven't fixed some of the problems with Conquest for the same reason.

Ascendant

This is a good idea, one that could be worked into normal Conquest. The game could randomly pick an extractor and give it attack/defend points to encourage PvP.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

Caydin, if that was the only Objective in Conquest IA then it would fail BUT I do beleive that sort of thing could and should be one of the plethora of possible quest.

+ Reply to Thread