+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP Suggestions

Telaran

Default PvP Suggestions

Before starting i want to point out that i'm in no way a proffesional,nor i say that my suggestions/ideas are perfect.They're merely basic ideas any decent pvp player can come up with.
    Also,before going on with the suggestions,i want to point out how important e-peen is in PvP.Any proper PvPer wants to be the best OR be part of the best guild.Just like the PvE guilds go e-peen mode by getting first kills e.t.c. If there's no form of recognition,PvPers intrest is lost.Lineage 2 had the hero system + siege system + open world pvp for bosses and it had nearly no rewards at all for pvping.WoW had and have some form or ranking system (nothing like our leaderboards) while in rift,even the achievments are PvE style grind stuff (100 Wins,capture 100 sourcestones e.t.c.) and the only form of recognition you can get,is the "lady/lord of war" tittle,which is basicly nothing.
    Sorry for the long blabla,i will go to the suggestions now.

Balance
    Before talking about anything else when it comes to PvP,you need to firstly talk about balance.I won't go into specifics,because a matter like balance and which class is OP is always debatable,but i believe it's a fact that there's no balance whatsoever.With all these combinations and especially combinations of dps/tank or dps/heal souls,it's pretty normal that there isn't any.The only way to get at least a certain lvl of decent balance,is making PVP souls,that can only be used in PVP and make PvE souls useless in PVP.
    Each class should have 3 pvp souls,but they shouldn't be able to combine them.FOr an instance,mage/cleric could have a DD,a heal and a support pvp soul,with the option to use only one of them,meaning all talent points into one tree.The reason for that,is simple that it'd be easier for TRION to make a balance between them,since the most combinations,the harder it get's to balance them.
    The new souls don't need to have brand new skills of course,so you're actually able to make them.

Instanced PvP
    Really can't understand why there aren't ranked arenas? 1v1,3v3,5v5 and maybe 10v10 for guilds.You could be getting items to make your pvp gear relic through these or some cool costumes (Don't forget that the main mentality of a pvper is "I wanna kill mathaleaper and i wanna look badass doing it") or just the ranking would be enough.Nothing like the leaderboards tho,i'm talking about w/l or k/d rations and stuff like that.Warfronts and conquest are merely a grindfest and neither are in no way proper PvP.

owPVP
    This is a challenge,because the 2factions limit it greatly,especially the e-peen part i mentioned earlier.
    The PvP rifts weren't a bad idea,but they were particulary boring and without much rewards.

An idea about a new owPVP feature,would be some sort of control points in defiant/guardian controlled zoned or in contested zones,but at the parts of the opposing faction (north SM for an example).So a guild of defiants groups up and goes and tags the northen guardian control point.A warning goes to the guardians (something like the warning you get when a pvp rift is opened) and they're supposed to go defend it.After the initial attack on the control point,it can go immune for some time,to give time for the opposing faction to group up and defend it.After say,a minuite a timer goes off (say 10min?) where defiants need to "kill" the control point and guardians need to keep it alive.The rewards should obviously be something good since it's targeted to guilds and not random raids and of course there are several details to it (Can you heal the point?Those that die can just respawn and go back in?How often can those control points be up? e.t.c.) but this is just the basic idea and it sounds like it could be some proper fun PvP + some recognition,considering guilds will be attacking those.

Since owBosses for loots and guilds fighting over them,aren't viable (2 factions) you could encourage PvP in event zones.For starters,those that are in a zone during an event,could have the "battle ready" buff,so those that want to make favor,can still make a decent amount of it.Then you can make ISS have some form of use in pvp (planar essenses/focus could need ISS + favor or consumables for valor/vegeance for all armor parts?Perferably veagence).
    Tbh,owPVP at the moment is mostly a lost cause,so it should be looked at,after making good balance/instanced pvp,which is easier and can be done with less population (PvP shards are dead atm,at least in europe).

I'd appreciate some proper feedback from other players and if it is good,i'd like a response from RIFT team.
    Sorry for the long read and thanks for your time.
    TehBlondie@bloodiron.

Quote Originally Posted by RaGeD View Post
    Before starting i want to point out that i'm in no way a proffesional,nor i say that my suggestions/ideas are perfect.They're merely basic ideas any decent pvp player can come up with.
    Also,before going on with the suggestions,i want to point out how important e-peen is in PvP.Any proper PvPer wants to be the best OR be part of the best guild.Just like the PvE guilds go e-peen mode by getting first kills e.t.c. If there's no form of recognition,PvPers intrest is lost.Lineage 2 had the hero system + siege system + open world pvp for bosses and it had nearly no rewards at all for pvping.WoW had and have some form or ranking system (nothing like our leaderboards) while in rift,even the achievments are PvE style grind stuff (100 Wins,capture 100 sourcestones e.t.c.) and the only form of recognition you can get,is the "lady/lord of war" tittle,which is basicly nothing.
    Sorry for the long blabla,i will go to the suggestions now.

Balance
    Before talking about anything else when it comes to PvP,you need to firstly talk about balance.I won't go into specifics,because a matter like balance and which class is OP is always debatable,but i believe it's a fact that there's no balance whatsoever.With all these combinations and especially combinations of dps/tank or dps/heal souls,it's pretty normal that there isn't any.The only way to get at least a certain lvl of decent balance,is making PVP souls,that can only be used in PVP and make PvE souls useless in PVP.
    Each class should have 3 pvp souls,but they shouldn't be able to combine them.FOr an instance,mage/cleric could have a DD,a heal and a support pvp soul,with the option to use only one of them,meaning all talent points into one tree.The reason for that,is simple that it'd be easier for TRION to make a balance between them,since the most combinations,the harder it get's to balance them.
    The new souls don't need to have brand new skills of course,so you're actually able to make them.

Instanced PvP
    Really can't understand why there aren't ranked arenas? 1v1,3v3,5v5 and maybe 10v10 for guilds.You could be getting items to make your pvp gear relic through these or some cool costumes (Don't forget that the main mentality of a pvper is "I wanna kill mathaleaper and i wanna look badass doing it") or just the ranking would be enough.Nothing like the leaderboards tho,i'm talking about w/l or k/d rations and stuff like that.Warfronts and conquest are merely a grindfest and neither are in no way proper PvP.

owPVP
    This is a challenge,because the 2factions limit it greatly,especially the e-peen part i mentioned earlier.
    The PvP rifts weren't a bad idea,but they were particulary boring and without much rewards.

An idea about a new owPVP feature,would be some sort of control points in defiant/guardian controlled zoned or in contested zones,but at the parts of the opposing faction (north SM for an example).So a guild of defiants groups up and goes and tags the northen guardian control point.A warning goes to the guardians (something like the warning you get when a pvp rift is opened) and they're supposed to go defend it.After the initial attack on the control point,it can go immune for some time,to give time for the opposing faction to group up and defend it.After say,a minuite a timer goes off (say 10min?) where defiants need to "kill" the control point and guardians need to keep it alive.The rewards should obviously be something good since it's targeted to guilds and not random raids and of course there are several details to it (Can you heal the point?Those that die can just respawn and go back in?How often can those control points be up? e.t.c.) but this is just the basic idea and it sounds like it could be some proper fun PvP + some recognition,considering guilds will be attacking those.

Since owBosses for loots and guilds fighting over them,aren't viable (2 factions) you could encourage PvP in event zones.For starters,those that are in a zone during an event,could have the "battle ready" buff,so those that want to make favor,can still make a decent amount of it.Then you can make ISS have some form of use in pvp (planar essenses/focus could need ISS + favor or consumables for valor/vegeance for all armor parts?Perferably veagence).
    Tbh,owPVP at the moment is mostly a lost cause,so it should be looked at,after making good balance/instanced pvp,which is easier and can be done with less population (PvP shards are dead atm,at least in europe).

I'd appreciate some proper feedback from other players and if it is good,i'd like a response from RIFT team.
    Sorry for the long read and thanks for your time.
    TehBlondie@bloodiron.
    None of your open world stuff would work once 1.10 goes live and we are basically one faction on pve servers.

Your idea about pvp relic gear would make it to good for pve also and we already have to much cross over between the pvp and pve sets IMO.

+ Reply to Thread