+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3 Faction Character creation & Warfronts ?

Default 3 Faction Character creation & Warfronts ?

Is Rift making the move to all out 3 faction game with the expansion? Meaning, are we getting a proper 3 faction character creator with perhaps simple choice of two starting cities ? That would be fantastic.

Also, what about Warfronts, can we expect them to become 3 faction as well ?

I really think if that can be done Rift would become totally EPIC with this upcoming expansion.
    Sinister Savant is a no stress PvE & leveling guild on Hailol. Everyone is welcome, join us today!
    Recruiting Thread - Website

Would anyone happen to have any info on that? I can't find anything.

Would love to see Rift transform into proper 3 faction mmorpg.
    Sinister Savant is a no stress PvE & leveling guild on Hailol. Everyone is welcome, join us today!
    Recruiting Thread - Website

Nope. Still 2 faction as far as anyone knows.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Quote Originally Posted by MrGunbad View Post
    Is Rift making the move to all out 3 faction game with the expansion? Meaning, are we getting a proper 3 faction character creator with perhaps simple choice of two starting cities ? That would be fantastic.

Also, what about Warfronts, can we expect them to become 3 faction as well ?

I really think if that can be done Rift would become totally EPIC with this upcoming expansion.
    The move is to 1 faction (only on pve servers for now) not 3 faction not sure why you would think so.

I prefer guardian and defiant as I play pve mainly, but I would not mind choosing a conquest faction as my permanit sub faction, my main could then be a guardian, dominion, rogue.
    Truth is Beauty, Beauty Truth..

I would prefer 1 faction per server as opposed to 3. I liked it in DAoC and all, but it's hard enough finding group members for stuff with 2 factions. 3 would make my eyes bleed.
    Rift: 50 Rogue Tank, Two 50 Cleric tanks, and a 50 Mage

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfetx View Post
    The move is to 1 faction (only on pve servers for now) not 3 faction not sure why you would think so.
    They're not moving to 1 faction per se, they're just removing a lot of the restrictions on grouping and guilding for the two factions. The Guardians and Defiants didn't suddenly become become buddies, they're just grudgingly accepting a truce in the face of a larger threat, and because ascended have advanced "beyond" the normal political boundaries.

I can't want to be honest. I've made a few friends on the Guardian side and it'll be nice to finally get to add them to my friends list.

Ascendant

I think the three faction thing comes from conquest, but no, I don't think they are going to make a character creator that has you select from one of the three conquest factions.

So many people do not pvp, so many others do not care about reaching "end game" so it wouldn't make sense, in my opinion, to have you base your character on an endgame battle.

I WOULD like to have a single faction pve world.. where you make your character by choosing a race - any race of telara - and then choosing which faction - guardian or defiant - you would like to allign with... or not at all. But that would require revamp of the whole leveling system because, as it stands, the starting levels are VERY faction specific. It would not make sense to have an Eth choose to align with the guardians and then have to run it's starting zones where everyone hates the "defiant" races..
    Last edited by Milyssa; 09-02-2012 at 11:39 AM.

PvE shards will be - 1 Faction
    PvP shards - 2 Factions
    Conquest matches - 3 factions

the 1 faction PvE change will come with 1.10

+ Reply to Thread