+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Dear Trion... Sheep Wands

Plane Walker

Default Dear Trion... Sheep Wands

There are some of us who completely detest being sheeped/shambled whatever. Yes there are addon's that will automatically remove the aforementioned abuse. It however does not stop them from being used to torment or abuse other players but knocking you off your mount. Interrupting your spell cast and any number of other beneficial things you might be trying to do. Alas I do not come to just complain I offer some reasonable options to help.

1. Give us an option to turn off these pranks in options to just make it so we cant be affected and that we cant use them.
    2. Add a very long cast time to the wands use. Something longer than soul recall would be appropriate.
    3. If we report someone you take their wands away from them.

Three fairly easy to implement options to bring some fun back to the game who really detest these things.

Soulwalker

What about a quest that gives you a buff to keep you from being sheeped for an hour? >>

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Medallion View Post
    What about a quest that gives you a buff to keep you from being sheeped for an hour? >>
    4 hours would be perfect. That way it covers atleast a half a days playtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Medallion View Post
    Why should those of us that are inconvenienced by these griefers be further inconvenienced by having to quest to cut down on the aforementioned inconvenience? No. Either give the wands an obnoxiously long CD or allow players to opt-out from being party to it.

Until then I will continue to just click off the effect whenever it happens to me.

Lol I think being shambled is far worse then being sheeped for some reason. I found the OPs post amusing and agree it is annoying though. They should give them a long cast and make the player doing it glow a set color so you know what they are doing and ride off. No sheep and run. lol
    Truth is Beauty, Beauty Truth..

Ascendant

Currently these items do not work in combat . . . Why not just expand that to make it backfire on the caster if they are used on someone performing a cast action?

Soulwalker

Broken sheep wand? 50% chance to backfire on cast, unable to click off if backfired for 5 min?

Plane Touched

It's funny like hell though. Even funnier when someone complain about it, as that usually cause you to chase the suckers down the next time.

It's not like people are standing in a line to sheep you, just as you click the buff off? If so, I'd advice you to MOVE out of Sanctum. This is not even an issue :P
    Last edited by Sanzor; 08-30-2012 at 06:24 AM.
    Known as Ylassa@Gelidra :P

This thread has inspired me to sheep even more

Quote Originally Posted by Merxion View Post
    3. If we report someone you take their wands away from them.
    Dear Trion they used an item as intended take it away!

The only time I've been inconvenienced was when I was sheeped, then shambled right after using a break free on the sheep, during Swarmlord, as the main tank healer.

*facepalms*

I removed it but it was a bit of an inconvenience.

I see no reason to change the sheeping wands.

Ascendant

/macro

/cancelbuff
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

They shouldn't do anything to the items, they are working as intended. However I agree there should be a option in your settings to permanently opt out of being a victim to the items as long as it prevents you from using them as well.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
    /macro

/cancelbuff
    Though's of you who enjoy it great. More power to you. I personally dont I know several people who dont. Getting sheeped 2-3 times while trying to recall at the end of the night is frustrating. I get that its amusing to abuse people.

I like the buff idea. Let me get a buff that will 40% chance of killing the person who casts on me.

Better yet make it so if your casting a spell or are mounted the wand cant affect you. This then allows them to be used for fun not for grief.

As for not standing in line. you've not seen my guild.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast