+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Shattered
  • 1 Post By Shattered

Thread: clothier npc

Default clothier npc

Npc's that dont get much attention. one that stands out is the clothier this npc needs a serious overhaul and way more attention on outfits. 1 of the things that draws alot of people is to be differnt and make up differnt styles of outfits. I think alot more wardrobe outfits needs to be added to this npc. What is the community's take on this

I couldn't agree more. Though we can get a few outfits via world events and rng while working invasions, or by crafting/buying crafted, I would love to see the Clothier's inventory beefed up a bit. Maybe with some of the outfits the locals, trainers, etc. are wearing. We really need a lot more choice on outfits.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

I do agree with the outfits, the game is really lacking in this area. Stand in your capital for 5 minutes, look around, and you begin to notice how similar everyone really looks.

While we have the vendor, drops, world event items, class specific armor and so on it still leaves very little in terms of potential combinations. One thing I've noticed is that - using Rogue for example, but it's true in any class - they can wear Leather and Cloth armor as armor, but can only wear Leather armor as a wardrobe. If it was expanded out to let them wear Cloth as wardrobe it would give people a lot more to work with.

It's understandable that both the creative design aspect of wardrobes is a lot of work, and that they need to maintain some sense of realism (so no Rogues dressed in plate, for example), but it all still feels quite bland. Add more clothes and even raise the prices on them, it would at the very least give people a reason to spend their plat.

As someone who enjoys this game in part because of spending lots of time with the wardrobe feature, I couldn't agree more.

Also, I would put forth to Trion's game designers, and to the community, that some of the most unique and amazing combinations of wardrobe in this game are from utilizing items from the "costume" tagged pieces, such as the veteran guardian armor and sandcovered set, in conjunction with class relevant gear. Keeping this in mind, it can only expand the possibilities of creativity if the class restrictions on non-costume-classified items is lifted.

Furthermore, I would argue that the majority of players, with no class restrictions on wardrobe, will continue to choose a look that is visually suitable to their classes, and their favorite role.

I submit to you Exhibit A, taking pieces from the Hydriss Shoulders, the Mathosian Gauntlets, and the Sanctuary Guard's Legs and Feet, in addition to two rogue-relevant items - the Footpad's Tunic and the Guerrilla's Hood - to create something that looks rogue-like while going outside the boundaries of typical rogue attire:

http://i49.tinypic.com/eil6vs.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/2e4go0m.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mayuko View Post
    ...that they need to maintain some sense of realism (so no Rogues dressed in plate, for example)...
    Rogues (and Mages) can appear to be wearing plate with the Centurion and Mathosian costume gear. Warriors can appear to be wearing cloth with the Shimmersand outfit gear. There is simply no need for the current class wardrobe restrictions since players have been bypassing them since the first outfits came into the game. Lifting these restrictions would indeed open up so many more possibilities. Maybe enough that we will stop clamoring for more outfits, if only for a little while. ;-)
    Last edited by Shattered; 08-29-2012 at 01:31 PM.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Yeah for a fact we need more stuff like the captured Kalari top and such, legs are easy to get. Also other styles. one thing I like is the cleric starter outfit, its almost roman, I keep my poor eth female in it in wardrobe.

Is it my imagination by the way or do eths and mathosians, Both human, look very diffrent, not just skin tone and such but face and body?

My mathosians actually prettier or is it just my imagination? (of course nether one of these look as good as my main which is a High elf, shes so sleek and elegant), though my Kalari looks pretty good too, in a exotic sort of way. I dont like my Brami females feet.

Back to the topic, yeah the clothier needs more than the starter outfits, though if the garments were interchangble and equipable in all charcters wardrobe even that would be something. Its hard to dress my charcters in rift. Though easier to dress a rogue my main, even in the begining but not that much easier.
    Truth is Beauty, Beauty Truth..

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered View Post
    Rogues (and Mages) can appear to be wearing plate with the Centurion and Mathosian costume gear. Warriors can appear to be wearing cloth with the Shimmersand outfit gear. There is simply no need for the current class wardrobe restrictions since players have been bypassing them since the first outfits came into the game. Lifting these restrictions would indeed open up so many more possibilities. Maybe enough that we will stop clamoring for more outfits, if only for a little while. ;-)
    Aha, a point I never thought about.

Even more reason to expand the wardrobe. Maybe with SL there will be something to look forward to.

+ Reply to Thread