+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: WoW: 11 character slots. Get to it, Trion! :)

Default WoW: 11 character slots. Get to it, Trion! :)

With today's update prepping for Pandas, you can now have *eleven* characters per realm, almost double Rift's paltry six. Take note, Trion!

They also have more than twice as many classes and races if memory serves. In rift races all play the same, the stories are all the same for each faction, and with he "faction merge" coming up I don't really see the point to have that many chars. That being said, if the community really needs them how hard could more slots be to implement?

You can only have 2 specs per character in that game can't you?

Rift Disciple

WoW offers 22 character specs per server.
    Rift offers 36 character specs per server.

Take note Blizzard?

See, it's all in the way you spin it.

Nevertheless OP got a point. We cant even get all classes of both sides on 1 server. at least give us that!
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

Quote Originally Posted by NearioNL View Post
    Nevertheless OP got a point. We cant even get all classes of both sides on 1 server. at least give us that!
    All 4 classes on both Defiant and Guardian? Outside of the Everest reason one has to ask "Why?"

Quote Originally Posted by Shibi View Post
    All 4 classes on both Defiant and Guardian? Outside of the Everest reason one has to ask "Why?"
    Becasue some people want that :P
    I am not one of those btw. Nevertheless I feel its should be an option. You have 6 races and 4 callings. We can get all races from both sides, but we cant get both sides with all callings. doesnt make sense imo
    Same reason why WoW got 11 toons now per server: not because its needed, but to give the option for those who want it(and lets face it: pay a lot of money for it)
    Last edited by NearioNL; 08-28-2012 at 10:37 PM.
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

I am not one of those btw. Nevertheless I feel its should be an option. You have 6 races and 4 callings. We can get all races from both sides, but we cant get both sides with all callings. doesnt make sense imo
    Same reason why WoW got 11 toons now per server: not because its needed, but to give the option for those who want it(and lets face it: pay a lot of money for it)
    Right on, my friend.

If you don't like it, that's fine. If you won't use it, that's fine.

For those asking specifically, "Why? You can fit all the specs in already." As in the case of the Prion, my response is this: and I'm all for WoW adding more specs per server, just as I'm all for Rift adding more character slots. It's not about spin, it's about quality of life improvements, and I'd be all for WoW taking note of Rift's higher allowance of specs.

There are many of us who do use multiple alts and specs, for whatever reasons. RPers, for example: why tell them to stuff it because you don't RP and don't want the alts?

How about STORAGE? WoW offers quite a bit more account-based storage across all it's characters.

As said above, WoW doesn't need 11. But it does it, because there's demand for it.
    Last edited by ShinChuck; 08-29-2012 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinChuck View Post
    As said above, WoW doesn't need 11. But it does it, because there's demand for it.
    first, im all for more slots, at *least* 2 more.. but WoW has 11 classes with the expansion, so 11 slots makes sense, in fact if i was playing WoW id ask for more, for bank characters

Ascendant

Wait, you have to pay money for the new slot?
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

Quote Originally Posted by Caydin View Post
    Wait, you have to pay money for the new slot?
    You don't, I'm assuming they were just saying it's the kind of thing people would pay for (and you sometimes do, in other MMOs: FFXI and XIV, or some F2P games, for example).

You don't, I'm assuming they were just saying it's the kind of thing people would pay for (and you sometimes do, in other MMOs: FFXI and XIV, or some F2P games, for example).
    Heck, CoH charges for slots even if you're a subscriber. You only get what, 12 or so free, and the rest accumulate over time as subscriber bonuses, or you buy them.

Although $20 for 5 slots which are then permanent strikes me as pretty reasonable. And I know people with >3 accounts, because 48 characters per server isn't enough.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Rift Disciple

Right on, my friend.

If you don't like it, that's fine. If you won't use it, that's fine.

For those asking specifically, "Why? You can fit all the specs in already." As in the case of the Prion, my response is this: and I'm all for WoW adding more specs per server, just as I'm all for Rift adding more character slots. It's not about spin, it's about quality of life improvements, and I'd be all for WoW taking note of Rift's higher allowance of specs.

There are many of us who do use multiple alts and specs, for whatever reasons. RPers, for example: why tell them to stuff it because you don't RP and don't want the alts?

How about STORAGE? WoW offers quite a bit more account-based storage across all it's characters.

I am an RPer and am not against more character slots (though, frankly I'd rather have more roles per character), I just wanted to point out that you can phrase it a different way.

With today's update prepping for Pandas, you can now have *eleven* characters per realm, almost double Rift's paltry six. Take note, Trion!
    WoW had 1 slot allowed per "class" per server. 10 available classes, 10 slots. They're adding an 11th class, and thus an 11th slot. They are simply maintaining 100% slot availability vs # of available classes.

Rift, meanwhile, only has 4 playable classes. They provide you with 6 slots per server. They offer 150% slot coverage per available classes.

In other words: Rift > WoW.

There's really only 1 class that "requires" you to play a second toon for variety and that's Warrior, and then only if you want RDPS or Heals. There's little real motivation, or purpose, in having several alts other than sheer boredom.

is there really a need for soo many toons? more than enough content to keep me busy 12-17 hours a day since release..more than enough things to do.. that running an alt is [I]almost[I] pointless.. almost. But that many toons?? you got some sort of farming bot thing going on there? w/e, to each their own.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast