+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Account-wide Achievements

Default Account-wide Achievements

Just seen a video about the new features next WoW patch will bring to that game and among found the really cool 'Account-Wide Achievements" feature which is something that I think many players would gladly accept into Rift as well, since all those concerns about char-creating and time wasting on previous progressions would just go away almost completely.
    I'm sure I don't have to introduce the anxious pondering when a player realizes he'd be interested trying out other classes.. ehm, callings as well or when he wishes to make one of his alts into his new main char, but realizes it's not worth it because of time spent on other character would be wasted on a level, plus he doesn't really have the mood and time to recomplete every accomplishment ever achieved by previous main.

This is even more true since the expansion is coming, and more and more players start to think about reroll their characters because of the new options in souls of other callings.

(Let's face it, someone who only rolled rogue because of Marksman would gladly try out the possible new ranged warrior, eh?).

This feature could be even optional, players at character creation could decide whether they wish to carry over achievements of other of his characters (like an ascended aquired the soul of another ascended who is trapped in planar planes without a body or smg), or start fresh with 0 achievements completed.

I think this would be a great addition to the game, and it would definitely remove the achievement-concern part of character creating.

For those who are not familiar with how WoW solved this, check out this video:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yyK-GGvnbQ
    Last edited by renthicya; 08-28-2012 at 04:36 AM.
    P2P= good
    F2P/item mall = byebye
    FRAK!

I'm in favour of stuff like this, having to regain achievements and such are the reason i never really bothered making Alts.

I would support this.

I've said for a while now: why does whether I choose my job before logging in or after matter? That is, in games like the Final Fantasy MMOs, a single character can play any job, and therefore, anything I get for one job applies to the other, but in Rift, I pick my job before logging in, and suddenly, it's totally different (and don't try and tell me Rift is more "hardcore" than FFXI!). Something like this would really allow me to play alts more comfortably.

At the very least, Legacy achievements need to be account-wide, if nothing else!

I would support this. The thought of having to re-earn all of my achievements on a alt makes me not want to play them. PA is also a deterrent and sometimes even my class. I wish we had a way to change our calling if we chose for a large amount of plat and make it permanent if you have to. I am hoping with the expansion we may get account wide achievements, pa, and possibly a one time option to change our calling with all of the changes they are making to our current souls, expanding them, and the new souls added.

Right now it almost feels like a punishment to have a alt you want to work on :/ and before people say just make a new toon, its not the same thing and some achievements and items I have can not be re obtained that are on my main which is also a draw back. I also have 5 50's and am working on my third r50 toon but every-time I log one of them I think of all the achievements im missing and that any pa I am gaining could be gained on the main.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

I would support this because as far as such things go I always like to go the easy way.
    Truth is Beauty, Beauty Truth..

Telaran

Actually, we almost have that kind of system in place. In your achievements panel you can tick some checkbox to see your total points over all characters. If they just improve this abit, it's done.

Soulwalker

Does anybody know if something like this is in the works? Achievements and other small things like artifacts / wardrobe are what keep me in games like this.

From today's feed, they seem pretty supportive of this.

Yes please! Give us this.
    Quote Originally Posted by PVStar View Post
    I dunno, I usually stand in the middle of the pond screaming 1v1 me noobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    From today's feed, they seem pretty supportive of this.
    Yes, they were interested in it tho they couldn't really understand the whole idea, I hope they read this thread and figure out what exactly we hope for
    Last edited by renthicya; 09-04-2012 at 01:49 PM.
    P2P= good
    F2P/item mall = byebye
    FRAK!

We had a much bigger topic going in General Discussion until, unfortunately, a single element caused it to be shut down. Here's hoping this one gets a bit more attention!
    Last edited by ShinChuck; 09-06-2012 at 12:56 PM.

Any updates on this? News of "in the works"?

I wish to return with a new character, but I do not wish to waste my time on things I've already completed.
    P2P= good
    F2P/item mall = byebye
    FRAK!

Champion

Yes, please!

And while you're giving us all this wonderful Account Bound stuff, add Noteriety Runes to account bound (wouldn't be an issue since they now have level requirements, right!? )

And... Make everything in the Currency tab account collective... meaning, all your toons share all the currencies in that tab.

kthxbai.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Bhrawn View Post
    Yes, please!

And while you're giving us all this wonderful Account Bound stuff, add Noteriety Runes to account bound (wouldn't be an issue since they now have level requirements, right!? )

And... Make everything in the Currency tab account collective... meaning, all your toons share all the currencies in that tab.

kthxbai.
    Absoulutly agree with above post and they beat me too it, if Pa can be account bound then lets share norterity, bank, and account bound gear as well. I rolled an alt when Pa was shared. I wouldnt have done without shared PA. more alts people have = more intrest in game = more revenue of subs,

Even how about a free lvl 50 for a thank you gift for players hitting 3 years subs ;) lol woth a try

Prophet of Telara

It'd certainly take the pain out of Rare Mob achies when you need that last 1 on your main you've been camping for a month, and you happen upon it on your alt instead

Not sure how TW would balance the rewards for it, mind you, given a newbie fresh out of the starter area would end up with a mailbox full of goodies and rewards. Also the achies for artifact collections would get strange, given arties are not account wide. Come to think of it, the exploration achies too...
    I will not delete my characters for an unwated server merge.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast