+ Reply to Thread

Thread: More Lateral Content Ideas

Default More Lateral Content Ideas

What I'd like to see.

Games in the Taverns - Some should be short time filler games but I'd love to see a long strategy card game with cards that we have to collect like artifacts . This would also give folks a reason to hang around the taverns more. We need something to break up the monotony of grinding, especially for the lower levels.

Neighborhoods - So we're getting houses with Storm Legion. I'd eventually like to have neighborhoods where I get to choose where my house is located, what type of architecture it has, and what the interior looks like. Maybe even choose the rooms in it (stables, gardens, etc). Take this Skyrim Mod as inspiration. If we go all the way, neighborhoods could have mayors, neighborhood watchmen, etc. There would be all kinds of opportunities for unique cooperative game play.

More Customization - More companion pets, more choices for pet type for the pet classes, more choice in appearance for characters (hair, make up, colors), more costumes, more everything. I'd love to see crows and parrots that could be trained to speak words that the player repeats to them enough times.

Immersive Content - I'd really like to see some sort of content like the ability to perform a play on stage (see a memory game where you have to recite lines), or the ability to actually use instruments to compose songs (something like Mabinogi). Also cooking contests, gardening, and stuff that has nothing to do with combat. These could be individual mini games or require cooperating groups.

Ascendant

I like your ideas, but you may be misunderstanding the future housing system. These will take place in Silvers and thus will be hidden from the overworld. You may want to look at the guild silvers for cooperative play.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

I like the ideas as well and maybe something for future consideration.. But i also would love to be able to see other's homes as well as have others see mine.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Rising View Post
    I like the ideas as well and maybe something for future consideration.. But i also would love to be able to see other's homes as well as have others see mine.
    I believe that it will be possible to invite others to see what you've built.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Post Monster View Post
    What I'd like to see.

Games in the Taverns - Some should be short time filler games but I'd love to see a long strategy card game with cards that we have to collect like artifacts . This would also give folks a reason to hang around the taverns more. We need something to break up the monotony of grinding, especially for the lower levels.
    First thing that came to mind was FF8.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=264wi-_Yxmw <3
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread