+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Interesting stats for items..

Shield of Telara

Default Interesting stats for items..

Greetings. I currently play a mage, and item stats are, well....boring. I have a str and dex score, but they mean nothing. and the other stats are simply intermediary stats that all boil down to hps, sc, or sp. I'm not an archon, who will always be the squishiest in raids, so hps are a negligiable stat. sc gets capped on accident, which leaves sp as the only stat in the entire game that matters. What if gear had stats that actually meant something? Or if items were situationally better due to the particular fight, or spec you were using. What if Dex caused me to be more accurate with my spell placement, causing them to not miss as often, similiar to how focus currently works, or maybe since I am more accurate, I am able to cast spells from a further distance aways, Or make me less likely to be knocked off my horse while being hit. What if instead of BiS items being whatever had the most total SP/SC, they were all given interesting stats/effects that are more situational. Exact value of each numbers would have to be played with obviously, but for starters...

-Items that lower ability cast time by .1 seconds
    -Items that give you a small percent chance to doublecast spells.
    -Items that add +50 fire damage to all of your fire based spells. Other items for each element type ect.
    -Items that increase your crit damage modifier
    -Items that increase your crit cap
    -Items that increase your mana regen rate
    -Items that have a small % chance to cause spells to cost 0 mana
    -Items that have a chance to turn ST spells into AoE
    -Items that reduce spell pushback
    -Items that increase casting range by 5

I'm sure other people can come up with much more interesting effects as well, but this would allow further customization, and add a level of tradeoff instead of simply going with whatever item has the highest raw SP.

-Items that lower ability cast time by .1 seconds ;pyromancer skill tree
    -Items that give you a small percent chance to doublecast spells.; implemented on greenscale 2h sword(non caster weapon)
    -Items that add +50 fire damage to all of your fire based spells. Other items for each element type ect. ;sounds like dmg proc alternative from relics
    -Items that increase your crit damage modifier;would be too inbalanced between classes(I guess)
    -Items that increase your crit cap; you are not on a hard cap of 60% so no reason for this
    -Items that increase your mana regen rate;you are mage there are enough manareg possibilities
    -Items that have a small % chance to cause spells to cost 0 mana; a nice idea but would not worth to wear it for heal or dmg, because an effect that push hps/dps would be more attractive(btw purifier have this talent)
    -Items that have a chance to turn ST spells into AoE; warrior have something like that in their skill trees
    -Items that reduce spell pushback; for st pyromancer skill tree
    -Items that increase casting range by 5(m); melee extendable weapons from Aion should come? Warrior with 10m melee range?

new trinkets could have some of these effects or set effects of new Tier of armor, but we will see what will come.
    Last edited by Soulshield; 08-25-2012 at 03:53 PM.

Shield of Telara

Yes, some of these can be at least closely replicated by skill trees, but this provides additional variety, last I checked not everyone runs the same spec 100% of the time, which means most soul combinations will not have any of these. Bottom line is gear upgrades are boring, I look at a piece of gear and all i'm doing is doing the mental conversion to see how much total SP it gives because everything else is fluff. In no way am I saying these effects are the best solution, im sure someone who is more creative can think of better effects, but something added to gear besides straight stats and non scaling procs would be nice.

-Items that lower ability cast time by .1 seconds ;pyromancer skill tree (GCD and cast time =! the same thing, additionally not every every soul combo utilizes pyro)

-Items that give you a small percent chance to doublecast spells.; implemented on greenscale 2h sword(non caster weapon) {you summed it up right there, 1 class can use it}

-Items that add +50 fire damage to all of your fire based spells. Other items for each element type ect. ;sounds like dmg proc alternative from relics(except procs work regardless of what you cast. This would allow for an overall greater effect, but only if used in conjunction with a soul that utilizes the particular elemental dmg.)

-Items that increase your crit damage modifier;would be too inbalanced between classes(how is this imbalanced?)

-Items that increase your crit cap; you are not on a hard cap of 60% so no reason for this(soft cap may as well be the hard cap given the insane way SC scales after 45%. Its not like its an uphill climb, its like you basically ran into a brick wall. 3k SC or whatever it takes to technically hit hard cap is rediculous. I guarantee no mage is running anything with over 47% ish crit rating with raid buffs, because if you are you are gimping yourself by not stacking SP.)

-Items that increase your mana regen rate;you are mage there are enough manareg possibilities(all of which cost at least a GCD which lowers overall dps, and many of which are not available in any of the popular storm caller builds. I'll conceed the fact it's not the most useful ability, but its something)

-Items that have a small % chance to cause spells to cost 0 mana; a nice idea but would not worth to wear it for heal or dmg, because an effect that push hps/dps would be more attractive(btw purifier have this talent){btw not everyone is a purifier, especially mages}

-Items that have a chance to turn ST spells into AoE; warrior have something like that in their skill trees(not everyone is a warrior, and even less have whatever ability your talking about as part of their skill tree they normally use)

-Items that reduce spell pushback; for st pyromancer skill tree (see above, not everyone is a mage, and not every mage plays pyro)

-Items that increase casting range by 5(m); melee extendable weapons from Aion should come? Warrior with 10m melee range? (you ever looked at the size of a real 2hs as compaired to a dagger?)

new trinkets could have some of these effects or set effects of new Tier of armor, but we will see what will come.

+ Reply to Thread