+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ability to remove augments/essences from items

Shield of Telara

Default Ability to remove augments/essences from items

Greetings, I would like to see a system to utilize platinum to be able to remove an augment or essence from a piece of gear. Currently you can upgrade cores by replacing existing essences, which destroy your old essence. What if instead you could spend X amount of platinum and remove the essence without destroying it? This would be beneficial in several ways. Currently the BiS essences are the world event purchased ones, which due to constantly replacing old essences, have landed themselves in my Greater Essence slot. What happens in 1.10 if they actually create some greaters that don't suck for once? I would be forced to replace my best essence which I can not buy more of, while leaving my weakest essence in tact. This would also allow augments / essences to be added to boss / raid loot tables. Imagine if instead of everyone wearing the exact same mathos augments, if bosses had a chance to drop something better? Being able to remove a raid augment from a piece of gear would be necessary however or else all future gear upgrades for that slot become non usable because you would also have to refarm the augment again. EQ1 utilized this system and it worked great. It allows for more / interesting augment options, and serves as a platinum sink, which I think most people can agree that plat has little to no use anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by vexare View Post
    Greetings, I would like to see a system to utilize platinum to be able to remove an augment or essence from a piece of gear. Currently you can upgrade cores by replacing existing essences, which destroy your old essence. What if instead you could spend X amount of platinum and remove the essence without destroying it? This would be beneficial in several ways. Currently the BiS essences are the world event purchased ones, which due to constantly replacing old essences, have landed themselves in my Greater Essence slot. What happens in 1.10 if they actually create some greaters that don't suck for once? I would be forced to replace my best essence which I can not buy more of, while leaving my weakest essence in tact. This would also allow augments / essences to be added to boss / raid loot tables. Imagine if instead of everyone wearing the exact same mathos augments, if bosses had a chance to drop something better? Being able to remove a raid augment from a piece of gear would be necessary however or else all future gear upgrades for that slot become non usable because you would also have to refarm the augment again. EQ1 utilized this system and it worked great. It allows for more / interesting augment options, and serves as a platinum sink, which I think most people can agree that plat has little to no use anymore.
    Yes please!! Make it a prof, make it expensive, but at least have it in the game. I hate wasting essences, !!

+ Reply to Thread