+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Linking alt Cheeves

  1. #1
    Prophet of Telara Shaidar Haran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,159

    Default Linking alt Cheeves

    I would like to be able to link my alt's achieves. Here is an example:

    HK Pug is forming. I have Conq on mage, but am playing my rog which has the stats to contribute but never been in there. They want HK Cheeve link to show we know what we are doing, mechanic-wise. You can make these links a different color if you are linking an alt's or just make sure that the appropriate name is showing in the top center of the linked cheeve.
    My Hand Reaches Far...

    Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    There's typically no warning for unexpected crashes.

  2. #2
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default

    I think achievements are the one thing in the game that should be account wide, period. Some people love racking up 'nerd points', and alts would be the perfect way to experiance all of the little things in all of the zones that their main never had time for because they were too busy racing to 50.

  3. #3
    Shield of Telara Mayakov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaidar Haran View Post
    I would like to be able to link my alt's achieves. Here is an example:

    HK Pug is forming. I have Conq on mage, but am playing my rog which has the stats to contribute but never been in there. They want HK Cheeve link to show we know what we are doing, mechanic-wise. You can make these links a different color if you are linking an alt's or just make sure that the appropriate name is showing in the top center of the linked cheeve.
    God I've missed out on so many PDKPs on my cleric because I can't link my conq from my mage.

    FYI people, HK is not hard anymore!!!
    Last edited by Mayakov; 08-25-2012 at 09:46 PM.

    FT 4/4(Conq) EE 5/5(Conq)ToDQ 4/4(Conq) HM 4/4 IDH 4/4 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 1/5

  4. #4
    Plane Walker Kittyhawke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Are achievements really an effective litmus test to prove dungeon knowledge? All it says is that you've completed the content before, and does nothing to prove that you actually know everything.

    Allowing cross character achievements for e-peen pumping dungeon entry purposes would, in my opinion, be a huge disaster. The first time your party wipes and you learn that the tank has only completed the run on his mage, the healer has only run it on his rogue, the DPS is insufficient because they're running it on their 4 day old/grossly under geared mage or rogue, (but they're qualified based on achievements from main characters) you'll see the error of an implementation of this sort.

    It's absolutely possible for someone with a main character to have a raid capable character as soon as they cap, and they may know how the dungeon mechanics for a different class, but it does NOT mean that they're competent at running the dungeon in every role.

    Sorry, -1 for the idea.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Shinkirou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    I think achievements should be account wide, simply because I've remade characters a few times, and getting those hundreds of achievements all over again, can be somewhat annoying.

    Obviously some limitations/exceptions may be needed, but just have it exportable like UI/Macros/Keybinds ect.

  6. #6
    Champion Turrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    598

    Default

    O.o

    Funny, I always thought you could since you could click on "show all characters" and see them that way. Seems odd that you can't link it.

  7. #7
    Shield of Telara Mayakov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyhawke View Post
    Are achievements really an effective litmus test to prove dungeon knowledge? All it says is that you've completed the content before, and does nothing to prove that you actually know everything.

    Allowing cross character achievements for e-peen pumping dungeon entry purposes would, in my opinion, be a huge disaster. The first time your party wipes and you learn that the tank has only completed the run on his mage, the healer has only run it on his rogue, the DPS is insufficient because they're running it on their 4 day old/grossly under geared mage or rogue, (but they're qualified based on achievements from main characters) you'll see the error of an implementation of this sort.

    It's absolutely possible for someone with a main character to have a raid capable character as soon as they cap, and they may know how the dungeon mechanics for a different class, but it does NOT mean that they're competent at running the dungeon in every role.

    Sorry, -1 for the idea.
    It's kind've hard to mess up HK now. The only boss where you actually need to do your role effectively is akylios. Every other fight, you know personally(especially if you have conqueror on another toon) whether or not you can withstand the hits as a tank or make the dps checks within the instance.

    And since HK really isn't progression anymore, you'll always have people that way outgear the instance to make up for the people who undergear it.

    FT 4/4(Conq) EE 5/5(Conq)ToDQ 4/4(Conq) HM 4/4 IDH 4/4 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 1/5

  8. #8
    Ascendant Onebutton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,118

    Default

    I think the HK conqueror achieve shows you can actually really do HK.. That means you put time into running it and not were just carried by your guild. Have people instead link their progress on that...

    Even tho it is easier now.. Nice to see if some people are close to finishing it or not. As a way to measure something about them..

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Rising View Post
    I think the HK conqueror achieve shows you can actually really do HK.. That means you put time into running it and not were just carried by your guild. Have people instead link their progress on that...

    Even tho it is easier now.. Nice to see if some people are close to finishing it or not. As a way to measure something about them..
    The conqueror achievement is not something that you can progress on by yourself. A person's progress on that achievement means nothing if they've been wanting to do it, but their guild hasn't.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts