+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ellenwyn

Thread: Add a player's kick vote record to his public stats

Plane Touched

Default Add a player's kick vote record to his public stats

In my opinion, the vote kick in random pug dungeons is abused.

-I can see an AFK player, or a chronically disconnected player or a player that is mischievously pulling mobs repeated without tank consent.

-I can see a player spamming during the run or saying rude/obnoxious things to others. or one hat just wont shut up.

-I can see a player that is ninja looting, NEEDING every boss loot drop regardless of his class.

I can see many scenarios where a vote kick is justified...especially if they dont respond to what the group says.

-I cant see it when you PUG a random with some other guild and they want to get there late-coming guildy in and so you get kicked out.

-I cant see when your dps is over 500 but it's not good enough for the group so out you go.

-I cant see it if you are having trouble healing because the tank is suicidal and oblivious to the group.

The solution: tack a player's kick votes to his stat profile.

This serves three purposes:

1. It discourages frivolous kick votes because you know it will go against you in the public eye.

2. It forewarns others of a players propensity to kick vote and perhaps encourage these players to "ignore" him so they aren't doing a random dungeon run with him anymore.

3. It provides for a more a pleasant play experience by filtering out the aholes.

One last word on vote kicks:

TRION, when a player is kicked out of a group can you please make their departure from the instance, instant please. Currently there is a pause while you are kicked out of the instance. It's a terrible wait because:

1. You already feel bad for getting kicked and still you are in the dungeon.
    2. The members that kicked you are still standing around you which adds to the awkwardness.
    3. The members that kicked you have the opportunity to mock, berate and humiliate you before you disappear.
    Last edited by Ellenwyn; 08-24-2012 at 09:16 AM.

Ascendant

Trion will never add an inherently negative stat to a public profile, regardless of whatever good intentions you might have.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellenwyn View Post
    -I cant see it when you PUG a random with some other guild and they want to get there late-coming guildy in and so you get kicked out.
    If it's a random expert they won't get a random bonus for doing this; if it's not, they aren't going to need vote-kick to do it. (unless perhaps you are talking about an IA that is somehow full?)

For the rest of the post, nothing of that would help differentiate justified votekicks from unjustified.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 08-24-2012 at 09:37 AM.

+ Reply to Thread