+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Can we get some decent Greater Essences?

Default Can we get some decent Greater Essences?

With the SL exp coming up, I'd like to put something other than an EI lesser in my greater slot. Ok, maybe for some classes they are worth it, but I almost always inspect a player and see 6 of the "new" lessers equipped, true story.....

Zealous Soulstone I'm looking at you!!!!

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Amariah View Post
    With the SL exp coming up, I'd like to put something other than an EI lesser in my greater slot. Ok, maybe for some classes they are worth it, but I almost always inspect a player and see 6 of the "new" lessers equipped, true story.....

There's three options.

+100 AP (Rogue)
    Double shield greaters (if your entire raid core runs them, provides a floating shield buffer on raid)
    More Lessers.

Actually, the bard can go for +AP/SP as it actually can proc enough to make you feel good inside. But don't push your luck.

Take your pick.

Rift Master

From someone that plays multiple roles.. no thx. I already have to ha've too many cores... if I had to make more I would qq.

Quote Originally Posted by Nooblet View Post
    From someone that plays multiple roles.. no thx. I already have to ha've too many cores... if I had to make more I would qq.
    this

It's nice only having to worry about which lessers go in each of my 10 sigils.

I'd rather see them as removable for a fee instead of destroyed on replacement. Maybe toss it in a crafting tree to make them some plat - an "essence extractor".
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Plane Touched

Kind of like how we can add the resist runes to cores, I'd like to see the ability to 'fuse' a single greater essence to a core, instead of taking up an essence slot. The currently available greater essence slots would remain as they are.

For all my toons, there's at least one greater essence that would be fun to use, but is almost never better than just using a lesser.

Rift Disciple

Speaking of fusing, it be interesting if they made a crafter of whatever where you can fuse one lesser per greater, pay about 50plat and have a 50% chance of failure to fuse, without losing anything in the end except the plat. Then it would just add letter stats to a greater, game can have more special abilitys to proc and greaters would be used
    Last edited by Polipluff; 08-24-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polipluff View Post
    Speaking of fusing, it be interesting if they made a crafter of whatever where you can fuse one lesser per greater, pay about 50plat and have a 50% chance of failure to fuse, without losing anything in the end except the plat. Then it would just add letter stats to a greater, game can have more special abilitys to proc and greaters would be used
    "chance of failure" is an annoying and demeaning mechanic that can be avoided by just making the cost 50% higher to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Amariah View Post

I never understood why they didn't make the greaters have 2 stats + the effect.

Instead of +700 to your Super-Heal spell.....

+ 18 WIS, +18 SP, +700 to your Super-Heal spell. Then they would actually be worth using and worthy of the term "greater"

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfire View Post
    I never understood why they didn't make the greaters have 2 stats + the effect.

Instead of +700 to your Super-Heal spell.....

+ 18 WIS, +18 SP, +700 to your Super-Heal spell. Then they would actually be worth using and worthy of the term "greater"
    I know huh!!! Someone wrote some code to proc all that crap and it just sits dormant in the internets forever, like a white train station, only the train never comes......................

look at songblade proc.. it's rediceulous for any real bard.. and mostly underminds anything he does (which is already boring and broken)

While we're on the subject, farming for resists should have died back in Vanilla WoW. Quit being lazy.

I wish the current greaters would be changed to runes that we can put on our sigil or seals and maybe cloaks when we get those in sl. I am also in support of leaving them as greaters but giving them the stats of a lesser to go along with the proc making them you know actually greater.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Quote Originally Posted by Xillean View Post
    I wish the current greaters would be changed to runes that we can put on our sigil or seals and maybe cloaks when we get those in sl. I am also in support of leaving them as greaters but giving them the stats of a lesser to go along with the proc making them you know actually greater.
    Cloaks are FLUFF costume pieces not stat-able items!
    Chemicalimbalance - Rogue - Wolfsbane
    Sleep is Overrated

Quote Originally Posted by mckeough View Post
    Cloaks are FLUFF costume pieces not stat-able items!
    Read the sl site again, they will have stats and the devs have said they will have stats.

Edit: And yes they have a wardrobe appearance as well, so does the rest of our armor and that's what the cloak is considered as, a piece of armor.

Become the talk of the town and boost your stats with stylish new capes
    From the sl site.
    Last edited by Xillean; 08-25-2012 at 11:23 AM.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast