+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Would you like to see new horse based mounts instead of odd creature mounts (Read).

Default Would you like to see new horse based mounts instead of odd creature mounts (Read).

Would you like to see new horse based mounts instead of odd creature mounts (more please read all?)

I mean istead of more strange animals, turtels, riding spiders, ape like creatures, would your rather see new horse based mounts with difrent colors and armours, like death chargers, dreadsteeds, pegasis, unicorns, neon colored, planar touched/themed and/or flaming steeds with glowing red eyes?

The possibites are endlesss.

Or would you lke to contiue to ride more stange loaping animals and creatures? I kind of find the werird beasts odd for some of my toons and in some cases tacky.

The only non horse mount I would like would be the bird creatures from the old animated movie wizards, or a cooler version of Hawkstriders from WoW, as such is used in many of my favorite fantasy films and such.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Questoften; 08-24-2012 at 02:38 AM.

The vast majority of the mounts I've acquired in this game serve no purpose, as I will never ride them, ever, outside of the one time I took them out so I can see what they look like.

In most cases they just look weird or interact strangely with armor pieces I have on... with the shoulderpad positioning of certain pieces of gear being the most notorious offender.

I mostly ride the horses. Spectral Charger, the PvP mechanical horse and the gold armored horse you get in freemarch. The one exception is the armored Ashstrider from EI.

Can't really say I have anything against the other types of mounts, though. I see people ride them, so someone thinks they're cool, and I'm alright with that.

Still waiting for an Arcane Lifter mount, though =P
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

I have to agree. It just seems natural, to me at least, that riding mounts should be earthly by definition. However,...I would like to see certain mounts have their own special player controls. For instance:

I would like Tinder (the mecho-spider from 1.7 and 1.8) have a volume control that ranges from its current sound (default 1) to a really loud obnoxious level (default 10.)

I would also like to see the Murdantix mounts and whatever the Order of Mathos mount is called (the one you get for 100p at glorified notoriety in Stillmoor) have their attack/ defend abilities that players control. It has always seemed odd to me that such fearsome creatures as them shy away from combat when something attacks them. Perhaps they could also be enabled for PvP so players can fight each other's mounts in addition to fighting one another....?

/signed + bumped
    If you're feeling down maybe one of these links will cheer you up. Only one way to know for certain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noneMROp_E8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdtm1Ezu3ro

RIFT Community Ambassador Laughter's Avatar

I love odd creatures as mounts. It's nice to see what they design that isn't just a horse. Plus in Telara there are so many different types of creatures out there we have the option of using them as mounts. Where on Earth people ride the creatures offered to us and one would assume if Earth had crazy looking creatures we would ride them too.
    Last edited by Laughter; 08-24-2012 at 03:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughter View Post
    I love odd creatures as mounts. It's nice to see what they design that isn't just a horse. Plus in Telara there are so many different types of creatures out there we have the option of using them as mounts. Where on Earth people ride the creatures offered to us and one would assume if Earth had crazy looking creatures we would ride them too.
    Perhaps, but I think they should make more equine based mounts with fantasy arproch because new people keep asking in chat were than can get a horse and stop riding two headed turtals and loaping gazels and such. I dis not suggest they do away with the other mounts for those that enjoy them, I supose in the real world I got ride a hippo, but choose not to do so.

Rift Disciple

To start, they could just make all mounts scale to your highest speed mount. That would open up all of the lower level horses. I know I would rather ride the unarmored black horse than just about every other mount in the game.

Maybe fix horse eyes, though. Horse eyes look creepy.
    <Have access to Photoshop?>---No---[Use very old guild signature that no one will understand]

Quote Originally Posted by Laughter View Post
    Plus in Telara there are so many different types of creatures out there we have the option of using them as mounts.
    That's interesting because I've yet to see any of the mounts as a npc creature running around. Apparently all mount species are completely domesticated.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 08-24-2012 at 04:20 AM.

Horses are boring.

If I wanted to ride a horse I'd go next door and ride theirs.
    Nope.

Ascendant

I just like my yarnasaur, he's so dopey and such a big oaf. I missed being able to buy the striped armoured one by like a week and then they took it away and never gave it back. All I want is my striped yarnasaur.

I vote for Squirrel mount. Best idea evar!! Armored squirrel mount even *sigh*
    My dwarf belongs on a squirrel! I LOVE the word SQUIRREL!

I'm sorry say this, but no.

I rather not have the same horse model with "variation" in them. I'd rather have "distinct variations" instead, of course, this includes shapes and sizes. Also, I'd prefer to see some more mecha-planar-hybrid looking odd creatures as a mount. A mantaray perhaps, even a serpent mount would be nice of change in scenery. They will add some flavour and aesthetics to the game than just a simple horse.
    Last edited by Orbulis; 08-24-2012 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Efaicia View Post
    I vote for Squirrel mount. Best idea evar!! Armored squirrel mount even *sigh*
    My dwarf belongs on a squirrel! I LOVE the word SQUIRREL!

Something like this?

http://www.imgeek.de/wp-content/uplo...CCAvsNAZIS.jpg

OT: I like a variation in mount types, from a plain old horse to a tartan rhino-monkey with rainbow farts.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick827 View Post
    To start, they could just make all mounts scale to your highest speed mount. That would open up all of the lower level horses. I know I would rather ride the unarmored black horse than just about every other mount in the game.
    Ditto. I love that black horse model but can't ever ride it because it doesn't scale.

I know this isn't exactly a plausable 'want' at the moment (or maybe ever), but wouldn't it be cool to have a bunch of base types of animals for mounts with some sort of wardrobe for them? I just think that since a lost of mounts are already just different skins of other ones, why not just let the play choose a skin and color it with dye from the dye vendor?

As for the O.P., I disagree and like to see a lot of strange animals as mounts. I like the variety of things people like to ride around Telara. IMO, if you like horses, stick to horses and watch the Murdantixes run by! Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick827 View Post

Maybe fix horse eyes, though. Horse eyes look creepy.
    I support this feature
    Truth is Beauty, Beauty Truth..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast