+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: (DEVS PLS READ) New raid lockout system

Shadowlander

Default (DEVS PLS READ) New raid lockout system

I want to talk to the Devs about a new raid lock out system that I think will benefit the raiding community. If you guys are familiar with the Warcraft looking for raid system, they have a “loot lock” system in place. Though WoW developed this idea, they didn’t take it to its full potential. The loot lock system allows a player to run a raid as many times as they like during a week, but that player can only roll on the gear or get marks ONCE per week per character. Now the great thing about Rift is the Planar Attunement system brings in a reward for those that are locked to the bosses they help kill. You get the exp from the mobs killed as usual, but as an added bonus, if you are loot locked, you get a 50k PA exp item. This would allow people in guilds that do the weeklies as a guild to help their friends finish the weeklies. Also, if a player gets locked to say 2 bosses in a raid and missed the continuation, they can jump in a fresh run to finish the raid and get loot off the remaining bosses they have not locked.

Now the rest of this post is mostly for the Devs to explain how they can implement this system. To setup the loot lock system, you could make an array with index 0 to how every many bosses you have in the game. Currently there are 56 bosses and mini-bosses in the raids. So the array would be 0 to 55. Then all you have to do is place a value in each index of 0 or 1, 0 being not locked and 1 being locked.

Locked[ ]
    Index Values
    0 0/1
    1 0/1
    ……. .....
    54 0/1
    55 0/1

Once the boss dies, there can be a simple line of code that runs where if the index value for that boss is 1, you get the PA item and if it is 0, you get the normal roll system.

If(locked[i]==1){
    PA item;
    }else{
    Normal roll;
    }

Once the loot timer runs out or if on master looter the last epic/relic is looted, the index value for all the players that got credit for the kill get set to 1.

When (loot timer ends){
    Set locked[i]=1;
    }

Then for the weekly reset, you just throw a line it to reset the whole array to 0.

When(weekly reset){
    Locked[]={0};
    }

Now the only thing I didn’t figure out is how to prevent a not locked person from trading loot to a locked person in the same raid. I would need a little info on how the loot system works internally.

Quite a nice idea.

Overall I like this idea. I do see it being exploited for XP/Notoriety gain and by using Master Looter(or everyone but one Passing) to only lock one guildee to the instance though. Being able to run it again with your guildees repeatedly, but being locked out of the loot would be preferable to the current lock system.
    Last edited by Dkknight777; 08-23-2012 at 06:02 PM.
    Cernwn L60 Warrior || Grumpabumps L55 Cleric || Jaeger L58 Rogue || Mencken L59 Mage
    Collective of Stars @Faeblight

Sounds like a really good idea!

Shadowlander

The loot lock would apply to all that are in for the boss kill, not just the person that gets the loot. As for the PA exp and rep, you can get the same amount of both in other ways. It just gives extra incentive (passed being a nice guy) for people to go in for a boss they are locked to.

words
    Chrish @ Wolfsbane

Shadowlander

lets get some more likes so the devs see how people feel on this

Great idea, would give benefits to actually running more than just the weekly raids to those that have outgeared those instances.
    Last edited by Plexus; 08-23-2012 at 08:05 PM.

This is an excellent Idea.

Most people have max rep besides new players, so wouldn't even really need to consider that. The IPP IA will take care of the second biggest pain in the butt faction to get anyways in 1.10...

Sure... imagine this in ID today. We go in and clear to Maelforge then just down him 20 times, hand out 20 hearts and never zone in again.

Makes loot too farmable and that problem has cropped up in other games that use similar systems. This proposal would actually be bad for the game and Trion is smart enough to know that. Don't hold your breath.

I like it.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Wylt View Post
    Sure... imagine this in ID today. We go in and clear to Maelforge then just down him 20 times, hand out 20 hearts and never zone in again.

Makes loot too farmable and that problem has cropped up in other games that use similar systems. This proposal would actually be bad for the game and Trion is smart enough to know that. Don't hold your breath.

Did you even read the OP? You don't get loot once you have downed him. The only way you could do this is use your alts to kill it all then get one main in at a time. So your guild would have to clear ID 20 times with mostly alts. If you have the ability to do this, you should be able to get it in a week...

In my instance for example...

I am ID geared, just waiting to get into ID.

I run the upstairs of HK with another guild as my current guild is still grinding on the lower floor(6/11).. I would love to be able to take my main character and re-enter HK with my guild to assist them with the remaining lower floor starting with Murdantix and to start upstairs once we get there. All out honesty I could care less about rewards(the pa for example), just like running the raids.

I am sure with the right people and Trions' Developers, this could be perfected in a very short period of time.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Walenia View Post
    In my instance for example...

I am ID geared, just waiting to get into ID.

I run the upstairs of HK with another guild as my current guild is still grinding on the lower floor(6/11).. I would love to be able to take my main character and re-enter HK with my guild to assist them with the remaining lower floor starting with Murdantix and to start upstairs once we get there. All out honesty I could care less about rewards(the pa for example), just like running the raids.

I am sure with the right people and Trions' Developers, this could be perfected in a very short period of time.

Yea this is the real reason for a lock out system like this, so you can raid with your friends as much as possible. But the loot sill has to be addressed or raiding is moot.

Plane Walker

Agree that something needs to change especially on the weeklies. Once you have completed yours your then locked out. Others guildies are then reliant on pugs if you missed out with your guild. This is getting harder and harder due to low pop servers due to players moving on to Tsw and GW2 this weekend will not help the server pops either

Agree with OP you should be allowed to re run them without loot reward even if its just helping guildies get their weeklies in

A little PA reward would not hurt for the re runners

/Signed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast