+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: (DEVS PLS READ) New raid lockout system

I like the idea of being able to go no matter what your situation is (went before, joined later, went with friends already, got a pug, whatever, it doesnt matter now) but being locked to each bosses loot after your character has downed it the first time. Definitely supporting this idea. I liked the loot exchange being a crystal for those that are locked so they get something.

This would help out our bench too and make raid scheduling easier. those that couldnt make it in the first time, we'd just run the next night with them so they get to raid that week too. Just those that went the first night would only get crystals joining for the second night, those on the second night but first time would be eligable for loots.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 08-23-2012 at 11:40 PM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

I can see where the good idea is, for PvE players. But I can't help but think it will detract PvE orientated players away from other activities for too long. You can generally tell when a PvE guild is raiding, particularly on a PvP server, because the guild is nowhere to be seen. That includes in Warfronts... as much as I'd prefer pure PvP focused people in Warfronts/etc, we have to accept that a majority of people in there, are PvE'ers who have PvP'd long enough to earn some decent PvP gear.

I can't help but think this idea would drastically reduce the amount of people playing in Warfronts/etc, if they could spend all week within a Raid. Granted, maybe not everyone will want to Raid 7 days a week, but that's by-the-by.

My opinion doesn't really mean anything on PvE though, since the actual extent of my PvE gameplay has been maybe a few dungeons through levelling, and probably some Instant Adventures. That is literally it. :P

Rift Master

I somehow don't like the implication of "Looking for Raid Tool". LFR? Just... no

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Mandarb View Post
    I somehow don't like the implication of "Looking for Raid Tool". LFR? Just... no

No no no. I m not talking about a looking for raid tool. My comment was that Warcraft uses something like this in there looking for raid tool. But Blizzard didnt take the "loot lock" system to its full potential.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Jawsnap View Post
    I can see where the good idea is, for PvE players. But I can't help but think it will detract PvE orientated players away from other activities for too long. You can generally tell when a PvE guild is raiding, particularly on a PvP server, because the guild is nowhere to be seen. That includes in Warfronts... as much as I'd prefer pure PvP focused people in Warfronts/etc, we have to accept that a majority of people in there, are PvE'ers who have PvP'd long enough to earn some decent PvP gear.

I can't help but think this idea would drastically reduce the amount of people playing in Warfronts/etc, if they could spend all week within a Raid. Granted, maybe not everyone will want to Raid 7 days a week, but that's by-the-by.

My opinion doesn't really mean anything on PvE though, since the actual extent of my PvE gameplay has been maybe a few dungeons through levelling, and probably some Instant Adventures. That is literally it. :P

This issue would mostly affect low pop. server zone events, but the warfronts are cross server so this problem shouldnt be an issue.

I love this. LOVE it.

There are details and openings to abuse though.

I'd really like the 'PA' version of raids/parts of raids to be on a daily limit.

So:
    -gear on weekly reset
    -PA on daily reset

Dunno how Trion would do it, but I think a change of at least this sort of nature could be VERY good for the game.

Shadowlander

If there was a 50k PA item per boss kill, I dont think that would be too much. I think it would be just enough to get people in the raids, but not enough to cause abuse issues. If you want to talk about PA exp abuse, lets look at Conquest lol.

Edit: The daily reset would be easy to do, cause there is a daily reset in the game already for quests and 5 mans. They would just add the PA item coding to the reset trigger.
    Last edited by Redsock; 08-24-2012 at 01:33 AM.

All out honesty I don't think this would pull people out of warfronts or zone events. Most guilds I assume would still raid at normal average times of 6:00p-9:00p server time... So for those 3 hours, like any other average weeknight, there would be a drop of people in zone events/warfronts...

This may also allow more people to raid as well...for the ones who can't make normal guild raid times due to real life happenings, more pugs for alts and players who want to raid and can't...
    Last edited by Walenia; 08-24-2012 at 02:16 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Walenia View Post
    All out honesty I don't think this would pull people out of warfronts or zone events. Most guilds I assume would still raid at normal average times of 6:00p-9:00p server time... So for those 3 hours, like any other average weeknight, there would be a drop of people in zone events/warfronts...

This may also allow more people to raid as well...for the ones who can't make normal guild raid times due to real life happenings, more pugs for alts and players who want to raid and can't...

It would also help those that are into GDKP runs, though I personally dont like them.

Soulwalker

I also would like to see a system where I can help those guild members who can't make the "guild raid" for the 20-man weekly or our HK raid nights. It's a shame that members are left out due to Real Life issues that create scheduling conflicts. I would be more than happy to re-run raids without loot rewards.

Achievement farming inc... super alt gearing inc... even plat farming inc (sell those items that the 1 guy in your raid can actually loot!).

There's a lot to consider and limit to make this kind of this impossible to exploit.

I would really enjoy this. Most of the times I find myself locked out from Weeklys and my guild does raids on Sat/Mon/Tue. So I could do the weekly before hand, and still have the ability to help out my guild when needed. (Turns out a 300focus mage really helps a lot in DH/GP)

http://www.twitch.tv/deathparagon
    Streaming PvP and Raids
    REX Giveaways Saturdays at 12pm PST

Quote Originally Posted by Redsock View Post
    Did you even read the OP? You don't get loot once you have downed him. The only way you could do this is use your alts to kill it all then get one main in at a time. So your guild would have to clear ID 20 times with mostly alts. If you have the ability to do this, you should be able to get it in a week...
    Perhaps you need to read it again:
    The loot lock system allows a player to run a raid as many times as they like during a week, but that player can only roll on the gear or get marks ONCE per week per character
    And he even explains that players would only get locked "after the loot timer expires or if on master looter after the last piece of loot is handed out".

So you kill the boss, check loot real fast, determine what player(s) are staying for loot. Everyone else logs off. Hand out that loot. That person is out of the next kill. Backfill the looters, kill again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wylt View Post
    Perhaps you need to read it again:

And he even explains that players would only get locked "after the loot timer expires or if on master looter after the last piece of loot is handed out".

So you kill the boss, check loot real fast, determine what player(s) are staying for loot. Everyone else logs off. Hand out that loot. That person is out of the next kill. Backfill the looters, kill again.
    Or, you know, you could understand that you would only have the option to receive loot from that kill and that kill only, regardless of connection\raid status.

Super simple stuff.

On topic, I'd enjoy this and I think it would benefit the game in a very good way. Imagine multiple Hammerknell runs going on every single night on the higher population servers? You'd have a lot more people playing.
    Last edited by Karny; 08-24-2012 at 04:44 AM.

Shadowlander

lol for really. I came up with my OP in 1 night so it isnt like I developed it for instant release. The OP was suppose to be a core idea and some general details to help describe my plan to any that viewed this thread. I just tried to address a few problems for people that saw some abuse issues. But since this is an issue, let me think a moment.

Ok there is a system in place currently that tags players as eligible for loot so that tag starts a timer, say 5 mins in real time, after that 5 mins, the loot lock flag is applied to a player.

Hope that helps your "concerns"
    Last edited by Redsock; 08-24-2012 at 04:51 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast