+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By renthicya

Thread: Ability to track achievements among Quest Stickies + additional achi. page updates!

Default Ability to track achievements among Quest Stickies + additional achi. page updates!

Hello there! Some simple suggestions that would make the ui and gameplay more comfortable:

1. There should be an option to display the progression of achievements at the 'Quest Stickies' panel on the screen. For example, I want to do a "kill 0/200 vampires" or an "explore these areas" achievement. At Achievements Page, upon clicking on an achievement to expand it's tab for more info, a new tickable box should be there as well which would make the achi displayed at Quest Stickies.
    With this, players wouldn't need to press Achievements Page on/off 100times per minutes.
    Of course, just like with quests, at the Stickies, clicking on the little circle next to the title of the achi would take the player back to the appropriate tab at Achievement Page where the achi's located.

2. An option to toggle visibility of completed achis on and off would be nice as well, a tickable box should be placed next to the "show all characters" box.
    I think many players despise the continuous scrolling completed achi tab forces them to do when they wish to check a 'not yet completed' achievement under all those completed ones.

2,5. glitch fix suggestion: Many achievements retract themselves when something far-relevant happens to the character. For example, the "Close 10 of certain rifts in this zone" achievements always retract when the player gains a new batch of planarite despite the fact this has nothing to the with the actual achievement. Should be fixed.

3. bonus suggestion: The "auto-arrange inventory" button should be changed by either moving it to a more "out of reach" place or by having a confirmation popup message before arrangement. I'd vote for both.

4. still haven't fixed bug: When player places the minimap to the bottom of the screen and opens the Minimap Filters menu, the menu does not adapt to the placement to edge of the screen and most the the filter options get cut off from the screen, unable to see and change them.

Thanks for reading, hope the above gets considered to be fixed/implemented soon!
    Last edited by renthicya; 08-23-2012 at 07:07 AM.
    P2P= good
    F2P/item mall = byebye
    FRAK!

Quote Originally Posted by renthicya View Post
    Hello there! Some simple suggestions that would make the ui and gameplay more comfortable:

1. There should be an option to display the progression of achievements at the 'Quest Stickies' panel on the screen. For example, I want to do a "kill 0/200 vampires" or an "explore these areas" achievement. At Achievements Page, upon clicking on an achievement to expand it's tab for more info, a new tickable box should be there as well which would make the achi displayed at Quest Stickies.
    With this, players wouldn't need to press Achievements Page on/off 100times per minutes.
    Of course, just like with quests, at the Stickies, clicking on the little circle next to the title of the achi would take the player back to the appropriate tab at Achievement Page where the achi's located.

2. An option to toggle visibility of completed achis on and off would be nice as well, a tickable box should be placed next to the "show all characters" box.
    I think many players despise the continuous scrolling completed achi tab forces them to do when they wish to check a 'not yet completed' achievement under all those completed ones.

2,5. glitch fix suggestion: Many achievements retract themselves when something far-relevant happens to the character. For example, the "Close 10 of certain rifts in this zone" achievements always retract when the player gains a new batch of planarite despite the fact this has nothing to the with the actual achievement. Should be fixed.

3. bonus suggestion: The "auto-arrange inventory" button should be changed by either moving it to a more "out of reach" place or by having a confirmation popup message before arrangement. I'd vote for both.

4. still haven't fixed bug: When player places the minimap to the bottom of the screen and opens the Minimap Filters menu, the menu does not adapt to the placement to edge of the screen and most the the filter options get cut off from the screen, unable to see and change them.

Thanks for reading, hope the above gets considered to be fixed/implemented soon!
    I would LOVE in-game achievement tracking. I've been shocked at how long WoW has had it, but Rift hasn't.

As a side note, in case you haven't seen it, there is an add-on you can use that isn't quite as convenient as built-in tracking but is pretty nice. It's called "Rattus", and it's on Riftui.com and Curse both!

I still think it's something that everyone would appreciate.
    P2P= good
    F2P/item mall = byebye
    FRAK!

Soulwalker

Default not just tracking achievements

Even if it were just able to track one achiev at a time would be nice-- But quest tracking I'd love to see, its when you think you have done ALL the quests in a particular area, and all you need is one more to get the achieve for the area, you cant find that last one-- It would be nice to have a way that shows you how many quests are in a particular area, what ones you have done and what ones you have not. But I guess again even that is too much to ask/hope for.Just a thought -- Thanx.

Use Rattus. It works well with checklist or tally achievements. However it is not viable for situational accomplishment achievements. I.E. works for tracking death rifts closed, but won't show you if anyone has been hit by a mechanic you née to avoid for an achievement (golem foundry caltrops)

Hope this helps.

My signature isn't centered.

Rattus is nice. Until we can truly track achievements like - apologies ahead of time - WoW, it does the job. But I'd definitely like something built in!
    There is no such thing as "free to play" in the MMO world. If nobody was paying, the game would shut down, and you wouldn't be playing. Piggybacking and getting a free/cheap ride on people who do pay doesn't make a game "free to play", it just means someone else is paying for it.

+ Reply to Thread