+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Shaidar Haran

Thread: Cross-Faction Guild Merging 1.10

Default Cross-Faction Guild Merging 1.10

Hello! I am curious how the cross-faction guild merging is going to occur? Is it going to be player by player guild invite from one guild to the other?

I am hoping there is a way to implement this easier and I suppose that is my suggestion. Maybe it's too late but I've had a few responses on the forums this morning suggesting it's going to be mass invites.

I have a large Defiant guild (1150 members) that will be absorbing (400 member) Guardian guild. I don't want to have to do the invites all over again for everyone since they have to leave the guild first of get kicked from our current one to accept a new invite to the Defiant guild.

Will there be an easier way to make this happen? I know of a few guilds that are in the same predicament.

Thanks.
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    CQ needs a enema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Don't worry, I'm just trying out my new forum PvP macro. It's all good.

Prophet of Telara Shaidar Haran's Avatar

No Idea how Trion could make this go smoother, but if they cannot then here are some quick hints to make your day(s) go by easier.

1. Before you leave the guild post on wall or MoTD a detailed description of steps members should take to transfer their toon to the new guild.

2. Remember that the 400 guards you are going to soak are not 400 people. Prolly more along the lines of 50-80 so they'll know what to do to make the inviters life easy for the 400.

3. Change your settings for that first day to have members or senior members or whatever rank you choose to be able to invite, tell the guards to meet you someplace safe like silverwood or if you are on a pvp shard then you figure that out , drop a defiant guild banner and have any inviters take it and have a massive guild point and click invite session. Make it a guild event. Heck go all out if you are on Faeblight and roleplay it, make them stand in customer service lines!

4. Coordinate with the Guardian guild officers, invite them first, then leave it to them to do the invites as it will prolly be easier for them to do it than a defiant since they have a few other targetting options available. If you happen to be GM of both guilds then it is easy peasy that way. Just have guild members use a special channel, say invite (Terra's alt or main) in it and just invite that way. Keep that running for the first day. After the first day or so the hard part should be done and just snagging stragglers you can leave up to the Guardian GM.

5. Remember that is up to the member, not the leaders/inviters, to join the new guild. Some may not want to but don't want to say anything. Don't stress yourself out over the volume just implment a well coordinated approach and huge numbers become very insignificant.

6. You are not at it alone. There should be lots of help so you as the leader shouldn't be doing as many invites as you should be overwatching that it is going smoothly and that all the new members feel welcome. Don't feel forced to inviting people quickly, make sure you are not getting trolls sneaking in there.

7. Remember that days like this is why you are guild leader. These days shouldn't be click and done. This is why you have full control over the guild bank, funds and everything guild. Days like this are days you earn your money.
    Last edited by Shaidar Haran; 08-23-2012 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Point 7
    My Hand Reaches Far...

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    There's typically no warning for unexpected crashes.

I want to see if a dev has a concrete answer on this!
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    CQ needs a enema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Don't worry, I'm just trying out my new forum PvP macro. It's all good.

+ Reply to Thread