+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: And for the control abilities in PvE?

Shadowlander

Default And for the control abilities in PvE?

Hello!

I'm asking if it's possible to use our control abilities in dungeons?! Because, in my assassin template, i have "Incapacitate" that stun an ennemy for 45sec (which is 8 sec in pvp) and i don't use it! When i read the description, it was made for PvE since it has been lowered in PvP.
    So, is it possible to make dungeons & raids that force us to be more careful?

And those who say that we are overgeared for dungeons, i remember that in the year 2011, i never use those abilities at all!!! Each time i made it, a tank charged the group an took all the monsters... even if we weren't equipped enough!

Friendly
    La Balafre

Quote Originally Posted by La Balafre View Post
    Hello!

I'm asking if it's possible to use our control abilities in dungeons?! Because, in my assassin template, i have "Incapacitate" that stun an ennemy for 45sec (which is 8 sec in pvp) and i don't use it! When i read the description, it was made for PvE since it has been lowered in PvP.
    So, is it possible to make dungeons & raids that force us to be more careful?

And those who say that we are overgeared for dungeons, i remember that in the year 2011, i never use those abilities at all!!! Each time i made it, a tank charged the group an took all the monsters... even if we weren't equipped enough!

Friendly
    La Balafre

NO!!! i hate when zones force the use of CC. So tell me just what happens when the lfg system puts you into the zone and no one has any CC?

WTB the star system back so i can show just how distasteful i find some threads!
    Last edited by Wolfetx; 08-23-2012 at 08:19 AM.

Shadowlander

It seems you like going in dungeons for free gear, showing your the best dps and post it on forums... nice, but WoW is for you!

For me, if controls are in template, it's because you have to use it! Ok, you'll not even be able to rush dungeons at all (less marks and more time in), but it will make PvE more strategic!
    Since now near 1 year, all dungeons are useless! Why not make them more difficult for us to have challenge for those who or when you don't go raid? It will make some sense for us to prepare to go in those dungeons, and then, let normal mode for ppl who want to do these in chain!

It seems you like going in dungeons for free gear, showing your the best dps and post it on forums... nice, but WoW is for you!

For me, if controls are in template, it's because you have to use it! Ok, you'll not even be able to rush dungeons at all (less marks and more time in), but it will make PvE more strategic!
    Since now near 1 year, all dungeons are useless! Why not make them more difficult for us to have challenge for those who or when you don't go raid? It will make some sense for us to prepare to go in those dungeons, and then, let normal mode for ppl who want to do these in chain!
    You can not make the zones require cc period! We have a lfg system that puts us in those zones and you can not garrenty that a CC class will always end up in group.
    If you want difficult Trion has the answer for you its called MASTER modes and those are not subject to the lfg system since you have to form your own group for them.

FYI i do play for gear and fun and to be with my friends. I also do play wow and other games too.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfetx View Post
    You can not make the zones require cc period! We have a lfg system that puts us in those zones and you can not garrenty that a CC class will always end up in group.
    If you want difficult Trion has the answer for you its called MASTER modes and those are not subject to the lfg system since you have to form your own group for them.

FYI i do play for gear and fun and to be with my friends. I also do play wow and other games too.
    Every single class has some form of CC... so I don't see your point. You don't CC in Master either. Guarantee* btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    Every single class has some form of CC... so I don't see your point. You don't CC in Master either.
    Just because every calling (if you're going to correct people, post correctly yourself) has some CC, doesn't mean that every person who rolls a character of that calling is going to have that role. Some people only have a couple of role slots, not all of them. That means they will only have a couple of setups they can use.
    I have all 6, and I don't have any CC. I am not going to go respec for some PUG.

If you want to use CC in a dungeon, then do so. There are plenty of times when it is useful.
    If your tank breaks that CC, then either you don't need it or you have a bad tank. Usually it's a bit of both.

Ascendant

Moves that entirely remove a mob from combat do not really add to strategy. They're not very engaging. What's more fun are chaining stuns, silences, interrupts, to totally shut down a major threat, where if you mess. Up, you have to wait those 30 seconds, not just press the button again.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

General of Telara

CC is completely gone in modern games. It doesn't work with the mass AOE slaughter design. Older games it worked where CC was useful but not required - in these games tanks did not have AOE and had to tab target and juggle aggro, a very good tank could keep up to about 5 mobs, so if you pulled more then CC was very important - or a second tank

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    Every single class has some form of CC... so I don't see your point. You don't CC in Master either. Guarantee* btw.
    I have no cc on my rogue. I only have a marksman and a ranger build. No i will not spec into a calling i do not like just so i can cc.
    My warrior has no cc in her builds.
    My wife has no cc in her 2 mage builds.
    Just because a class has a trees with cc in them does not mean that every one is going to have made those trees their choice.

A good Illusionist in EQ2 could make up for a missing person in a 5-man. To the people saying not every calling has CC, you realize that the support role is usually the one for CC?
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Shadowlander

CC is completely gone in modern games.
    Nice... every one enjoy dpsmeterkingmode, full aoe & no strat for more loots! For this, you have diablo III and his ah with real money! But, if you want to play WITH OTHERS (o_O, sorry to wake you up, but you're playing a MMO), every one must have a role and not only 1 tank which takes all monsters, a healer in overheal mode and dps who fight for dpsnoobmeter!

I know making dps CC will lower their damage, and will make them use more than 2 buttons, but it will improve the interest of going in dungeons! And, even if you don't have a cc, you have some skill which lower the speed! The kitting was one of the abilities marksmen and others distance dps had to acquire! Unfortunately, what i read shows how the MMO community has fallen down! 50% of players cannot keep a control on a monster and can only spam his macro... PATHETIC...

I remember the good time in WoW where you were gone for 1 or 2 hours in a dungeon where i didn't always have to spam my dps macro et drank my coffe with the other hand!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    A good Illusionist in EQ2 could make up for a missing person in a 5-man. To the people saying not every calling has CC, you realize that the support role is usually the one for CC?
    Every calling has atleast 1 form of CC. CC doesn't just mean mez root/snare/mez/fear all forms of CC.

Nice... every one enjoy dpsmeterkingmode, full aoe & no strat for more loots! For this, you have diablo III and his ah with real money! But, if you want to play WITH OTHERS (o_O, sorry to wake you up, but you're playing a MMO), every one must have a role and not only 1 tank which takes all monsters, a healer in overheal mode and dps who fight for dpsnoobmeter!

I know making dps CC will lower their damage, and will make them use more than 2 buttons, but it will improve the interest of going in dungeons! And, even if you don't have a cc, you have some skill which lower the speed! The kitting was one of the abilities marksmen and others distance dps had to acquire! Unfortunately, what i read shows how the MMO community has fallen down! 50% of players cannot keep a control on a monster and can only spam his macro... PATHETIC...

I remember the good time in WoW where you were gone for 1 or 2 hours in a dungeon where i didn't always have to spam my dps macro et drank my coffe with the other hand!
    LMFAO... WOW tried to bring back those days with cata expansion... We can all see how well that worked out cata nose dived there subs and is the key reason they have stated they will be going back to a more wotlk type of game play with mop.
    Player based evolve and change over time and if a game company doesnt follow suit they get left behind.

Shadowlander

If you don't like difficulties, don't play on a MMO... buy a game where there is different level of difficulty... it will be easier for you! But, as we can't set mode in MMO, it's normal to base it a bit higher!

If you don't like difficulties, don't play on a MMO... buy a game where there is different level of difficulty... it will be easier for you! But, as we can't set mode in MMO, it's normal to base it a bit higher!
    IMO your the one complaining about how it is here so your the one that needs to play some thing else not me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast