+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: No more raid marks in dungeons for Storm legion!!!

Shadowlander

Default No more raid marks in dungeons for Storm legion!!!

Hello,

I'm here to say my disappointment about the way to get raid marks in dungeons! These marks must exist to complete raid gear with some pieces you didn't get there! Buying a piece with marks must not lead to a full gear and is just a help to go further!

Now that Storm Legion is near, i really hope that this won't happen in the expansion or you will avoid the idea! Owing to that, every new player doesn't have achance to discover the new T1 raids other than rushing for the daily quest! Let people try and discover by making raids, instead of making them upgrade by doing dungeons too much!
    All Tx gears must be linked to an amount of raids and not to marks that can be earn in simple dungeons!

Friendly
    La Balafre

If someone got a full ID set by just doing dungeons i salute them.
    I still would let them go through a trial to see if they are good enough for raiding. I fail to see what's wrong with letting players gear up without raiding... at a speed even a snail can beat
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

Shadowlander

It's not as slow as a snail to get stuff in raid! By making DH & GP each week, you have at least 1 chance to get 1 gear by week + marks that allow you to complete it in a seller at the capital city! You get more if you make one more 20 men raid by week, which is the average for a tier in rift!
    To conclude, getting 1-2 gear per week + mark allowing to buy more pieces, in 2 month, is enough if you want to go to the other tier! Making 2-3 raids for 2 month is not a problem!

Shadowlander

So if they combine it with...raiding...they'll get raid gear to quickly...

wut?

And you're that insecure you need to one up others online with gear?

I do not see a problem giving people raid gear from doing 5 man dungeons but I do not think they should get the current best gear from doing them. Rather IMO they should get the 2nd best so they can gear up quickly for the current raid dungeon. In the present case it would make more sense if they got HK marks for HK gear so they could enter ID.

The reasoning behind the marks has 2 major benefits to the longevity of the game.

1. Gaining your marks by going through dungeons when clearly you dont need to; helps those in the game with lower gear. Most would not do dungeons at all if they could get these marks elsewhere. This would leave the newer rifters stranded in low level gear making it hard to reach top end standard.

2. Allowing you to grind marks through an available channel will at least give you a chance to become a viable option to endgame raiding guilds. If you could only get your gear through grinding t1 raids then t2 raids, then any new players would again be left stranded and out of touch.

If you dont give new players a feesable route to reach endgame then you will not attract new players. By joining these dungeons you are actually helping trion recruit new players into rift.

Theres a lot of side benefits also like gearing your alts, making plat and many more I know. but the primary function is to give new people a chance. Do you really want to see rift continue to survive, or do you want your shinies to be the most untouchable achievement ever.

I see no problem at all.
    I am completely fine with how it is at the moment.
    I will gear up faster because I raid. as it should
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

General of Telara

In previous games the gap between raiders and non raiders got too large to the point where new content had to be trivial to raiders or impossible for non raiders.

Adding marks to dungeons was one of the best ideas trion had because it allowed non raiders to continue advancing and meant dungeons continue to be done so new players don't get stuck in endless queues.

More importantly it allows me and my Guildies to continue progressing outside raid nights. If you remove marks from dungeons I have nothing to do so my activity drops fast, either I have to make my guild full time raiding or we let the game become more desolate by never logging on except for raids.

Gaining marks in dungeons is very slow and actually servers raiders on off nights to continue progression far more than it does non raiders, it also helps non hardcore raiders get that bit of gear that will yelp them through the current raid zone - you may think this is bad but compared to say making a raid farm just one boss week after week for a few marks because they cannot quite do the next is hardly a great idea if it is not mechanics they are failing on but simply slightly short on natural ability where a couple of items would make the difference this is a far better option.

For a non raider absolute max marks in a week is 26, realistically very few willow manage both master twice a week so you are looking more like 20 tops, so 7.5 weeks of farming to get ID chest is hardly too quick and you still cannot get any weapons or jewelry with them so not like it's making raids pointless.

Now, what I would prefer to see is raid drops superior than bought rather than the other way round and synergy crystals working with the relevant tiered raid drops.
    Bought inferior to dropped
    Epic version of bought superior to dropped
    All work with synergy crystal.

That way dungeons can gear you slowly to help with raids but does not nullify drops when you get there

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by La Balafre View Post
    Hello,

I'm here to say my disappointment about the way to get raid marks in dungeons! These marks must exist to complete raid gear with some pieces you didn't get there! Buying a piece with marks must not lead to a full gear and is just a help to go further!

Now that Storm Legion is near, i really hope that this won't happen in the expansion or you will avoid the idea! Owing to that, every new player doesn't have achance to discover the new T1 raids other than rushing for the daily quest! Let people try and discover by making raids, instead of making them upgrade by doing dungeons too much!
    All Tx gears must be linked to an amount of raids and not to marks that can be earn in simple dungeons!

Friendly
    La Balafre
    The sense of insecurity is strong in this one, he even feels the need to post on a sock instead of his [alleged] raiding toon.

Zix

Quote Originally Posted by Asteldian View Post
    Now, what I would prefer to see is raid drops superior than bought rather than the other way round and synergy crystals working with the relevant tiered raid drops.
    Bought inferior to dropped
    Epic version of bought superior to dropped
    All work with synergy crystal.

That way dungeons can gear you slowly to help with raids but does not nullify drops when you get there
    +10 to this

Hello,

Friendly
    La Balafre
    I can see where you're coming from, but to get a full set of gear through pure dungeons would take forever.

I kind of like the daily mark system. It gives the raiders a chance to get that extra piece of gear faster. Just the other day I was only 2 marks away after RoS from my new piece, I completed a dungeon and didn't have to wait a week for my raid lock to reset. I think it's more convenient for raiders.

For the people that get full raid gear from dungeons, then they earned it. You get, what? 2 Infernal Marks per day. One piece of gear costs 100 marks. So theoretically speaking, it would take about 50 days for one piece. This doesn't mention the fact that they can't even get the relic tier without having to do the actual raid.

I think it's fine. It is but it do when it does.
    http://www.twitch.tv/deathparagon
    Streaming PvP and Raids
    REX Giveaways Saturdays at 12pm PST

Quote Originally Posted by Zinn View Post
    I do not see a problem giving people raid gear from doing 5 man dungeons but I do not think they should get the current best gear from doing them. Rather IMO they should get the 2nd best so they can gear up quickly for the current raid dungeon. In the present case it would make more sense if they got HK marks for HK gear so they could enter ID.
    Then you have no problem with the system as it is. Since the best you can get from 5 mans, 10mans or any thing outside of running the zone itself is second best.
    The best items only come from killing the bosses in the raid zone and those drop items(tokens) cant be bought with marks. Here is a hint they give orange gear not purple gear.

Personally i like to see the current system taken further and have weapons on the vender for marks also.
    The purple weapons not the orange ones. Put a lock icon on it that only opens up once the player has a kill credit for the boss that would had dropped the item.

Rift Chaser

Hello,

Friendly
    La Balafre
    Guess you'll only be really happy when every player must come to you for your approval to get their gear.

Where the heck do you guys come from. Your sub isn't somehow superior to the subs others are paying, yet you come across with - "must be" this and "must be" that.

You are not some supreme mmo being, (although you might be inside your own head), that can dictate gear rules for the entire player base.

Trion has to think about more than one type of player. If players are happy to grind dungeons for ages to get the gear, why not? That's their choice.
    Does it make your raiding experience any less? Because if you are doing it purely for the sake of saying I've got something you can't have - then you are:
    - Completely sad, or
    - Doing it for all the wrong reasons
    - or both of the above.
    Last edited by Lyaise; 08-23-2012 at 01:41 AM.

It seems ok to me.

The cost is very high in terms of time with the "1 run per day" reward that needs about - what is it 2 to 3 months per single piece? It would take a casual in the order of 2 years to fully equip that way.... by then 2 expansions will have passed.

On the other hand it brings the geared characters back into the lower instances to assist newer players. Maybe helping them find a guild, friends, and of course gear using the raider's-vendor-trash that drops from T2 dungeon bosses.

The other advantage is that with a taste for it people might be tempted to try for proper progression.
    Last edited by Shibi; 08-23-2012 at 02:33 AM.

I'm very strongly of the opinion that marks were too easy to come by this tier if you were raiding and doing all dungeons/weeklies/MMs etc.

There are a lot of pieces of armor that my guild vendored the first time we got them simply because everyone already had the set piece. Things like Mage gloves and Warrior shoulders went straight into the trash.
    Even if those drops would have been replaced eventually, it would have been nice if someone could have used them at least for a while. It's depressing to down a progression boss and have to vendor half the drops.

The amount of marks you could get from Mastermodes was over the top, there should only have been either a weekly or bi-weekly MM quest, not 4 runs a week.
    The raid weekly rewards could probably have been decreased by 1 as well, as could the minibosses in ID itself and possibly Drak/Ituziel/Maklamos.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 08-23-2012 at 03:00 AM.
    Nope.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast