+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fixing Up Mounts

Default Fixing Up Mounts

Okay, so this is mainly about making the mounts we have more efficient to safe a little time and trouble.

I have noticed mounts like horses who should have some slight swimming ability has like none whatsoever which is strange since in real life they would.

Horses and other long legged mounts should be able to carry you through lakes, rivers and other such small bodies of water.

This would be helpful since swimming is pretty slow and having to skirt around the water area to maintain your speed is ever so annoying and often gets you attacked which can result in demounting for battle.

Some mounts like those giant turtle things (the name escapes me currently) would be great for carrying you in the ocean to fight off those underwater footholds or chasing someone flagged for PVP of the opposite faction that flees into the ocean.

Anyways, give me your feedback but keep it civil please.
    I am the ascended with no side, one that has walked both and will choose neither.

Mathosian Cleric - High Elf Mage - Eth Rogue - Dwarf Rogue

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Gamelord1 View Post
    I have noticed mounts like horses who should have some slight swimming ability has like none whatsoever which is strange since in real life they would.
    Literally stopped reading right there.

There is almost no need for underwater mounts since only an incredibly small amount of the game is underwater. Now, if SL expansion ups our Mount speeds to say 160%, I'll be satisfied with that. If SL introduces underwater content, then it would be fine. But until then, it would be pointless.
    Last edited by Anthony01; 08-20-2012 at 07:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar
    Hey guys, there is a lot of speculation out there right now, I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.
    Daglar; Lead Calling Designer~10/17/12

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony01 View Post

There is almost no need for underwater mounts since only an incredibly small amount of the game is underwater. Now, if SL expansion ups our Mount speeds to say 160%, I'll be satisfied with that. If SL introduces underwater content, then it would be fine. But until then, it would be pointless.
    Please read EVERYTHING before making a post because I find it tedious to reply to a post like this that comments on it without being fully informed.........

I was not talking about underwater mounts which would only happen if they allowed Abyssal to become a ascended faction............ No, what I was talking about was mounts carrying you OVER the water not under it which would not be smart since we can't breath under water and would result in plenty of drownings.
    I am the ascended with no side, one that has walked both and will choose neither.

Aye, always found this strange. Wouldnt be hard to let those mount enter water, only with reduced speed.
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

Quote Originally Posted by NearioNL View Post
    Aye, always found this strange. Wouldnt be hard to let those mount enter water, only with reduced speed.
    Just the reduced speed would be by like 10 - 20% otherwise it would defeat the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony01 View Post

There is almost no need for underwater mounts since only an incredibly small amount of the game is underwater. Now, if SL expansion ups our Mount speeds to say 160%, I'll be satisfied with that.
    We really don't need 160% because we can only travel thousands of meters in a few minutes on a 60% mount, much more on a 90% mount probably more than we need on a 110% mount.

Between these and the porticulums scattered over Telara with at least one per zone we really don't need faster mounts.

At least for Planes of Telara this be true but for the Storm Legion expansion we may need faster mounts since the conts are like 3 times bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamelord1 View Post
    Okay, so this is mainly about making the mounts we have more efficient to safe a little time and trouble.

Horses and other long legged mounts should be able to carry you through lakes, rivers and other such small bodies of water.

This would be helpful since swimming is pretty slow and having to skirt around the water area to maintain your speed is ever so annoying and often gets you attacked which can result in demounting for battle.

Some mounts like those giant turtle things (the name escapes me currently) would be great for carrying you in the ocean to fight off those underwater footholds or chasing someone flagged for PVP of the opposite faction that flees into the ocean.

Anyways, give me your feedback but keep it civil please.
    Simple solution really. Mounts = mechanical Out of Combat speed boosters.

In combat - no dismount, but you go to 0% speed.
    In water - dismount - move at same speed - visually returns as a mount once you leave the water.

If I could dictate the way mounts worked, I'd do that.
    Last edited by Violacea; 08-21-2012 at 11:39 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

What I dont like is everything but the spider seems to loap up and down, when riding. I think my poor ranger is probobly a bit sore and mount sick after long trips. I vote for a smoother riding exsperence.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Simple solution really. Mounts = mechanical Out of Combat speed boosters.

In combat - no dismount, but you go to 0% speed.
    In water - dismount - move at same speed - visually returns as a mount once you leave the water.

If I could dictate the way mounts worked, I'd do that.
    Sorry but that would be horrible.

0% Speed would be not moving at all which would be dumb and besides sometimes you need to just need to ride on past bunches of enemies to get somewhere when you don't have the time to stop.

Reducing it at all would kill players so that can't be a option.

The way for sounds decent enough, though being there visibly would look nicer but, either way it works.

+ Reply to Thread