+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Frankjb100
  • 2 Post By Frankjb100
  • 2 Post By Audiocubes

Thread: Planar attunement

Shadowlander

Default Planar attunement

My suggestion is to allow all your level 50s to advance PA in one pool. So for instance you had 25k with 2 level 50s each of them would have 50k to spend.

This would make it easier to play multiple toons without falling behind which hopefully would probably lead to people being subscribed longer.

Additionally let's say you had 50k PA in your pool. As soon as you hit 50 you would have that available on your new toon.

I coud see the same thing being done with favor, prestige, and marks for gear. People put a lot of time into progressing their character. So much so that even when it becomes boring or monotonous they will not create an alt because they don't want to start over. This system would allow you to advance all your characters by playing the one you want to at that time. Not just playing the one you put the most work into.

Grinding PA on one tune takes quite awhile. Most people are not willing to do it on more than one. So when they get bored with that toon they quit.

Ascendant

Why not just have a class switch button with a whole set of roles so you don't need an alt at all. All of your leather gear could just switch over to plate gear when you switch from rogue to warrior, since there is really no purpose in having alts any more with this suggestion.

In fact, since i don't like grind, why can't I just visit a vendor in my home city and have my toon decked out in all ID relics.

Shadowlander

Default Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    Why not just have a class switch button with a whole set of roles so you don't need an alt at all. All of your leather gear could just switch over to plate gear when you switch from rogue to warrior, since there is really no purpose in having alts any more with this suggestion.

In fact, since i don't like grind, why can't I just visit a vendor in my home city and have my toon decked out in all ID relics.
    I would be ok with that. Then we would be able to have a truly skill based game and we could see who the good players are not just who is over geared. Also no more complaining about not having the right classes for a raid. Could switch them around until you found the perfect composition.

Two stars my friend for the excellent suggestion which would alleviate the grind even more than my suggestion.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Frankjb100 View Post
    I would be ok with that. Then we would be able to have a truly skill based game and we could see who the good players are not just who is over geared. Also no more complaining about not having the right classes for a raid. Could switch them around until you found the perfect composition.

Two stars my friend for the excellent suggestion which would alleviate the grind even more than my suggestion.
    I've got to admit, you handled that silliness pretty well. Kudos!

+1 for this thread.

I don't understand why threads like these get shot down by the average person who has no clue what they are talking about. Rift is one of the most un-alt-friendly games I've ever played. There is no gamebreaking reason why PA, Noteriety, and (long shot) general none-raid, none-quest specific achievements should not be shared on a whole account. Trion's main selling focus for this game is it's indepth soul-system. Why limit the average account holder when if you want to keep people playing and chasing that carrot stick longer, have this current system that makes you want to log off rather than stay on, play an alt and immerse yourself in another class. You may come to find that you love the alt more than the class you deemed your main but you're afraid to make the switch because all of your PA and Noteriety is holed up on that one character. Instead of letting these posts die, I'd like to see a dev/community manager, SOMEONE answer with a good reason why this can't be done. The game has made so many strides, this is an obvious next step that A LOT of people are begging for. If I had a dollar for every time I heard/saw someone say "I wish PA/Noteriety was acc bound." I'd have enough money for another 250k+ subs.

Yes we need to solve this PA problem, getting tired of having to grind that PA for my alts as well :\

Plane Touched

I think it's not as simple as you think because of the large amount of xp you can only get once a day (all daily quest basically)

If you can only share the xp you gain for killing mob I agree with you.
    Otherwise every one will create as much alt as possible to be pa capped and will then cry about it.

In addition some people may use a specific calling because it would be easier to farm xp with it. As a consequence as someone suggest every time you transfer your xp you should lose a small percent of it so that it is still better to use the toon you want to level up

In my opinion account bound pa is not a good thing. However I agreee that the pa system need some changes

What i suggest is to put a soft cap in pa so if you have less pa than the cap you gain level faster.
    As a consequence your alt will gain xp faster qnd it will reduce the gap between player.
    As the gap is smallest. New tiers of pa will be unlocked more often because it wont be a need to let people catch up with the pa capped people.
    As a consequence pa capped people will need to wait less at cap.

+ Reply to Thread