+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Some Suggestions

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple Purgwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    137

    Default Some Suggestions

    So, I've been sending in "feedback" via the in-game client when I get an idea. I've also decided to start writing them down, so I can post them here. Figured, why not, and see if anyone else likes them too. I'm sure some of them have been mentioned before, some maybe not. I'm too lazy to edit my list, so here goes, in no particular order.
    1. Add "hide/show" mobile for friends list! We can do it for guild, why not friends list?
    2. Report AFK feature for Conquest: to many people just sit in the base not contributing to the battle. Some use the "I'm crafting" excuse, but still are not really helping with the battle, anyone that dies can quickly craft something and return to the fight. We don't need people spending the entire duration of the battle at the tables.
    3. People who leave Raid in Conquest should be ported out.
    4. Sort Uknown for pattern vendors: We can sort from trainers what we do and don't know, it would be great if we could do the same to the vedors. It can be difficult or time consuming to check to see if we missed a pattern, or if something new might have been added.
    5. Mounts should scale with our riding skill.
    6. Move "You do not have a pet" or "You cannot control your pet while mounted" notices into the combat tab. I had to adjust some macros, if my pet died my screen got flooded with the notice, and I was unable to move the notice to a different tab so I wouldn't have to see it.
    7. An in-game Calandar would be great. One that would allow us to create events / guild events ahead of time for guild mates / invited people, to see. Show which weekend warfronts are when, and even world events would be good too.
    8. Please! Add weapon slots for our costume! You have been giving us costume weapons but no slots to do it with. If you can make Harbinger turn their mage weapons into wicked 2 handers, why can't you make costume slots? Heck, I don't think most of us will care if the glow effects are removed, to save coding issues.
    9. Change the icon for "imbued leather" to not look like soulhide.
    10. Add an Auctioner / Banker to Fortunes Shore! We have all the crafting tables and stuff there, why not those two as well? Especially since Guardians and Defiants share an Auction House now. This would help out those people who have serious issues with Meridian and Sanctum (Crashes, severe lag, Loading screens every 10 yards, and falling through the world.)
    11. Add Surnames (last names), or an option to have them.
    12. Lower Conquest required kills to something like 3000 or 2000. These matches lasting over an hour are rediculas.
    13. Add a drink for tanks. The Isle Embrosia is nice, but tanks still need to drink two to fill up.
    14. Please add an "are you sure" confirmation on the Bag Sorting Button, (or let us disable it.)
    15. An "Are you sure" confirmation would be nice for runbreaking epics.
    16. Allow us to vendor or runebreak purchased armor we don't need anymore. (ie PVP and the plaques / marks pieces)
    17. Can we get a seperate channel for event notifications, so we don't have to watch level chats for zone events?
    18. Crocnard Mount should be able to swim without dismounting us.
    19. Allow us to queue for specific Instant Adventures, regardless of level. As a 50, I can queue for Ember Isle / Stillmoor / Shimmersand, while in those zones. However, I cannot queue for Freemarch / Stonefield, while in those zones. I have to either get it via random, or I have to hunt down the group, mentor down next to them, and then it will let me join in. So being able to queue simply from being in the zone would be nice. Would be even better to let us pick from a list on the IA screen.
    20. Allow us to put old event currency into our currency tab. (like those crystals and coins.)
    21. Increase the availability of things like Orichalcum, Sagebrush, and Iron Hide. Would also be nice for less Sparkling Crystals to drop and more Flickering Crystals.

    I don't intend for the list to sound like demands, it's just how I happened to write them down.
    Last edited by Purgwolf; 08-20-2012 at 09:19 AM.

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,570

    Default

    Holy cow you want more flickering crystals? I sell these on the AH in the 1000's because they pile up so much.

    Also, Conquest is supposed to be large scale long drawn out battles. They just need to adjust the rewards so that not only the lats 10 minute matter, but anytime during the fight if you jump in for 15 minutes or so you will probably end up with some marks.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple Purgwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    Holy cow you want more flickering crystals? I sell these on the AH in the 1000's because they pile up so much.

    Also, Conquest is supposed to be large scale long drawn out battles. They just need to adjust the rewards so that not only the lats 10 minute matter, but anytime during the fight if you jump in for 15 minutes or so you will probably end up with some marks.
    Really? I must have terrible RNG Then, I hardly get any at all.

    That would work to. It's like, you work for hours just to get down to that last 20 min, and it's hardly worth it. Not much PVP going on, so not much favor and prestige to get.

  4. #4
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purgwolf View Post
    Really? I must have terrible RNG Then, I hardly get any at all.
    Are you not breaking soulhide belts? 1 stack of soulhide for 2p + 38g for the mineral oil usually nets around 45-55 flickering crystals which sell pretty reliably for 12g a piece or about 6p a stack.

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser Drel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    362

    Default

    Some good suggestions. I have a couple that have been on my mind:

    I really want there to be more armor wearing options, for example layered armor. Everyone knows that in real life you don't wear plate armor on your skin, but on top of cloth/chain mail. So it would be cool to allow classes like Clerics and Warriors to layer plate/chain armor on top of cloth armor, which would not only increase the armor rating I suppose, but provide a more interesting look to your outfits. Perhaps your movement speed would decrease as a compensation or something.

    I also think it would be fun (as a Wardrobe option?) to toggle on/off certain armor elements, like whether or not you want to be wearing a pauldron on just your left or right shoulder, or to wear just one glove.

    Finally, It'd be really cool to be able to choose (when you make your character, I suppose) whether or not you want to be left or right-handed in-game. Functionally kind of pointless, but I'd like the extra variability.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple Purgwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    Are you not breaking soulhide belts? 1 stack of soulhide for 2p + 38g for the mineral oil usually nets around 45-55 flickering crystals which sell pretty reliably for 12g a piece or about 6p a stack.
    Hm, well i wont need to buy it, i have plenty i get daily.. Ill have to try that again and see..thanks

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple Purgwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drel View Post
    Some good suggestions. I have a couple that have been on my mind:

    I really want there to be more armor wearing options, for example layered armor. Everyone knows that in real life you don't wear plate armor on your skin, but on top of cloth/chain mail. So it would be cool to allow classes like Clerics and Warriors to layer plate/chain armor on top of cloth armor, which would not only increase the armor rating I suppose, but provide a more interesting look to your outfits. Perhaps your movement speed would decrease as a compensation or something.

    I also think it would be fun (as a Wardrobe option?) to toggle on/off certain armor elements, like whether or not you want to be wearing a pauldron on just your left or right shoulder, or to wear just one glove.

    Finally, It'd be really cool to be able to choose (when you make your character, I suppose) whether or not you want to be left or right-handed in-game. Functionally kind of pointless, but I'd like the extra variability.
    Hmm I don't really see them doing the layered thing, not as you describe it anyway. Some pieces do have an appearance of a bit of layering, not many though.. However, more outfits would be nice, pretty limited on the styles we're offered atm, but I assume in the xpac we'll be delighted with more new looks.

  8. #8
    Rift Chaser Drel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purgwolf View Post

    Mounts should scale with our riding skill.
    Crocnard Mount should be able to swim without dismounting us.

    This suggestions make very much sense. I hope that in the expansion Trion will consider "rethinking" some aspects of the game, like mounts, and make them scale and such. Also, a thought came to me one day while playing: why can't I use ranged attacks while mounted? Wouldn't that make sense?

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts